[COMPLETE] ROOZ Assetto Corsa: Season 2.

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Apr 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Was thinking...would you prefer a different points system since you can have more drivers on the grid?
    If the max is 24, then how about
    1st 25
    2nd 23
    3rd 22
    4th 21
    5th 20
    6th 19
    7th 18
    8th 17
    9th 16
    10th 15
    11th 14
    12th 13
    13th 12
    14th 11
    15th 10
    16th 9
    17th 8
    18th 7
    19th 6
    20th 5
    21st 4
    22nd 3
    23rd 2
    24th 1

This might also stop a runaway with the points gaps being so small.

The other option is of course to increase the amount of points for first and work down from there...
  2. Mael

Mael Professional

Have to practice pit stops next time, stormed into the pits at full speed only to realize my pit-box was one of the first. Managed to come to a halt about 5 pit boxes beyond mine! Then damaged the engine trying to reverse flat out. As final insult i messed up the fuel amount consequently ran out of fuel on the last lap :cry: just after passing Drift.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  4. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    @Anon666
    My points should be scrapped as I was going to inevitably run out of fuel before I could go around and pit again, I exited to pits in order to keep going as you suggested, but that is not fair to the others as it still allowed me to finish the race. Serves me right for stuffing that up! Shame as I had good pace there and a good result was only 4 laps away :cry:.
  5. Steve Crossland

Steve Crossland Team Driver

Ha, It was probably my setup, mate!

Anyway, my race was ok but not as good as I'd envisioned it.
    I had the same problem where the setup didn't feel anywhere near as quick as it was in practice & I struggled with the car pretty much all race. My opening laps were a little messy but I was able to hang onto 4th and slowly keep the battling trio behind me and with consistency was able to pull a gap. Meanwhile the leaders were opening up & leaving me behind.
    I pitted for fuel only and came out in 8th place. I made places up slowly as others pitted but one unexpected racer, QC, came out of the pits ahead of me from behind a fair way behind me. I was shocked & started doing mathematical calculations in my head as to how he had managed this. The next lap all was revealed as he had to duck in to get fuel.
    Kept pushing & the front right tire was climbing over it's optimum temperature, causing endless amount of understeer. Was able to limit the time loss by adjusting the lines & by the results it seems I had the best consistency overall.

4th at the end & happy enough considering I'd downloaded the track about 2 hours before the race.
    Was good to see new guys in there & as always the racing was hard & clean.
    Anon666 likes this.
  6. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    +1, special mention to @krunch rounding out the top 5 first time out. ;) and good to finally be sharing a track in an official race with @Joeninety after so long... early GT5 S2 @ Nurbug GP in the Supra I think was the last time! :eek: http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/season-2-div-1-highlights-by-koastr.19/#post-748

I didn't get a chance to save the replay (no results screen) but would love to see some clips or screen shots... :whistling:
    Last edited: May 5, 2015
    WAC, krunch and Anon666 like this.
  7. QC.

QC. AC Server Legend

Thanks for the race yall,
    Fairly good race for me :), After Starting 10th, just trying to survive the start I managed to get come out in 9th. Pass Anon on lap 5, and settle in for a long run. I could see most were in two packs around 10sec in front or behind. Had intended to pit around lap 15-16 but pushed it out to 18 trying to get 35 secs in front of Pete C, couldn't do it, came out 2 secs behind. Chased him for remaining laps came close and should have been able to take him on main straight but couldn't get close enough (had one really good shot and went wide on final turn :p), Seventh, I'll take that :)
    Anon666 and Mael like this.
  8. rollabearing

rollabearing New Recruit

PSN ID
    rollabearing
    May I suggest some people download the Helicorsa app for AC which shows your proximity to other cars. I was turned in on 3 times during the race with no mention of readdressing. I'm a pretty forgiving guy and will usually let someone through if they are clearly faster but I find it's almost to risky to pass anyone. Besides this I had a decent race but for some reason could not replicate my practice times with the same setup.
  9. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

helicorsa app is awesome also i managed to get my fastest time during the race lol
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  10. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    its a cool app that one
  11. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Yup, got it. Makes it easy to know when you've cleared someone, pretty accurate.
    Last edited: May 5, 2015
  12. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Its good for slow people like me so i can get out of everyone's way
    rollabearing likes this.
  13. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Net is fixed and up to a decent speed so I'm in for the season but need to get back into practice is the server up with the next round? and also what is the new servers name?(what do I search for?lol) cheers all and see you all out there :)
    Anon666, WAC and Peter Wise like this.
  14. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

server is up with next rounds car/track just search raceon
    Tovey_4saken, Anon666 and Peter Wise like this.
  15. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Good to see you back Tovey!! Well was good fun for about 5 laps then I ran out to talent... Plenty going on around me, only couldn't hold it together long enough to make anything happen. Then 2 laps from the flag my VC decides it's had enough. I've been tempting fate for ages with an underpowered PSU so I bit the bullet and bought a new one today. Should have it in and running by next round - then watch out!!!
  16. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    what PSU did you go with ?
  17. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 Watt, only because they were sold out of the 850's. That's the problem when you don't want to wait an extra week. Figured I'm covered well and truly with that though.
  18. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    1000w lol, you planing for 4x sli ?!?!
  19. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    had a quick test of the server and my ping sat at a solid 34 (was alone with no stress so might jump around a tad) so looks like I'm good to go but my downloads on steam are mega slow? sit's around 268KB/S where as say google chrome I'm at 2.87MB/s.

Checked everything on steam no limiter no odd settings so it's a strange one it affects say downloading patchs or games at a gig an hour but hopefully won't affect my online gaming/stability at all :thumbsup:
  20. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I plan on being on tonight, will keep an eye out for you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.