[COMPLETE] ROOZ Assetto Corsa: Season 2.

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Apr 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Was a fun race overall (as always with you lot). I played it safe setup-wise and had a tad more downforce than others which made me easy meat on the straights. I didn't have the guts to fight a loose tail for 30 laps with those walls so close :). Hat's off to those who did that.

I was probably slightly out of place qualifying 5th but after a good start I was even further out of place - 3rd at T1! I lifted a tiny bit before T1 as I was shallow and did not want to skip across the track and take out the entire field. That dropped me to 4th but I was OK with that. A lap or two later I was in 5th and settled in to try and stay there. The plan worked well until lap 9. Cherno was a fair way in front of me into T1 but as I came around I saw him go wide and spin off into the grass, bushes and wall. I backed off and moved to the right, even dropping my right wheels onto the grass... but to no avail. He spun across the track and tagged my right rear and I joined him in the spinning dance. As other cars flew past miraculously managing to avoid the carnage I found the wall which helped me straighten up (and evened up my damage). When I finally got back onto the track I had a small amount of damage and I'd lost 5 spots which actually wasn't as bad as I'd thought it was going to be. I managed to go off at Parabolica a lap later so dropping another couple of spots (race positions? who needs em) thus I found myself well out of the top ten and hoping to hang in for some points. The rest of the race went fine and I found myself having a fun battle with Justin Talent. He would zip away from me down the straights with his zero downforce and overblown balloon tyres and then kindly zip off the track here and there to let me have a lend of some of his slipstream. I couldn't pass him but it sure was nice to get dragged along the straights :). I finished 7th and I can't help thinking it could have been oh so much worse.

Nice win Koaster and congrats Stiggy on the Championship!
    Driftoz and Anon666 like this.
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Interesting combo, alot of focus required and cool to have different strats being competitive against one another.

I went with low down force 0/1 and softs, which put me off to a good start, but both in quali and race I was struggling to match offline practise times. So with this in mind and Cherno, after having taken pole ( well done ;) ), hot on my heels through the bends I had a minor lapse and brushed the wall. GASP! Fortunately I didn't take damage and retard my top speed. I was breaking ground on the straights and pulling a small gap.

Then I saw Cherno go off in my mirrors around parabolica I relaxed a bit to ensure there were no other incidents with the wall until towards the end of my stint when the tyres were going off, and then carefully picking my way through a little bit of traffic after my pit stop - almost had a moment with someone who turned around in front of me!. After that she was a bit of a lonely race but tried to keep focus, manage tyre wear, and put down some good times to maintain a healthy lead in case of any incidents... fortunately there were none.

Disappointed that DSC issues seemingly out of the blue have put me out the running for defending the championship title, but pleased they seem to be resolved now (was fearing a recurrence as the race seemed loong!) - And of course gratz to Stiggy on taking it out with a solid effort ;) Well done mate. :thumbsup:
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Would you guys like a drop round? just to give you that sliver of hope??? ;)
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  4. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Drop round was confirmed for this season. Sorry Hat, thought you knew. My bad, but if you could work that in it would be appreciated.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    it is quite easy to work in...no problems
    Anon666 likes this.
  6. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Beep bop beep bop!!
    Hatfield likes this.
  7. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Another week to practice your Nords. Still unsure why the server, or what the server was doing, but it loaded eventually. In fact immediately after we called it quits...argghh. Thursday may not suit everyone, so I am happy to leave it till next Monday and rerun then. Apologies again, but we will have it sorted for next week.
  8. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yay, finally got there!! Well done to everyone, an hour at the ring is hard work!!
    Results:

Koastr
    Cherno
    QC
    Fargonz
    Stiggy
    Krunch
    Cyber
    Anon
    Pringles
    Cooper
    Grat
    Wookie
    Slasher
    Pickles
    Driftoz
    GrKinn

http://simresults.net/150622-0rc For what it's worth.
    krunch and Cyber_STIG_77 like this.
  9. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    [​IMG]
    grat and Anon666 like this.
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  11. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

Don't think so
    Anon666 likes this.
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  13. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    No mate, 16 of 16 finishers. Even Cooper was as clean as a whistle. Thanks again for all your help with the results, you're a legend man. Congrat's to Stiggy for the championship and well done to Koastr and QC for rounding out the podium. Check the weekly events section for the upcoming Monday night races lads.
    Hatfield likes this.
  14. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    krunch, Mael, Hatfield and 2 others like this.
  15. QC.

QC. AC Server Legend

Congrats to KoAStR for the win, way faster than the rest of us.
    And Cherno taking second , way faster than the rest of us (excl. KoAStR :p)

Had a good race myself, got edged out of third in qualifying by Fargon (just 0.3 :eek:). Settled into fourth buzzing around Fargons bumper with no real intention of overtaking anywhere but the main straight. For four laps Fargon would gain 1-2 secs in first half lap, I'd get it back by Kleines Karussell thinking of drafting on the straight but every time Fargon gets a better run and I'm stuck a second behind with no drafting advantage :mad:. At one point i was looking at my fuel usage improve due to spending so much time behind him that its was tempting to dream of making it without stopping, got to within 5 liters when Fargon makes his stop, close but I wont be gaining much fuel now.
    Pushed hard to get a thirty second gap over the group behind, end up running to the end of lap seven. Now its just Fargon and Stiggy some 26-7 seconds behind and I have to stop (damn... only 4 liters short!!). The decision left was splash'n'dash, which would easily put me out in front but would have to defend on 93% mediums OR throw on a set of softs and attack? I'm better when I'm not looking in my rear view (esp. in green hell, stupid ambulances crossing vision in rear view has cost me a lot in barrier repairs, even while on track by myself :p) so attack it is, plus I've been running at PB times so its worth a shot :D.
    Emerge from pit as Fargon screams into turn 1 and I've got Stiggy directly to my left, two corners side by side before I have to concede at Hatzenbachbogen else risk taking us both out, just stay close and hope for a gap, I should have the tyres for it. Not a minute later Fargons realized I'm on fresh rubber, and asking about it :p, even if i could confidently talk and drive at that pace I wasnt going to 'spill the beans'. :D
    Stiggy gets a poor run out of Bergwerk and I've got the pace to pass, pretty sure Stiggy was a gentleman driver here cos here he could have just sat mid road and stopped my run, I tip my hat to you sir. Now the challenge is getting past Faargon before the straight AND get some space (I've learn't my lesson there :)) will have to push but should have the pace (soft tyres :D). At Eiskurve Fargon goes wide on the grass, and I get a run on the inside line, again I tip my hat as Fargon could have just cut back on track (risky but an option).
    Run to the end was the most tense 100 seconds I've had in AC, got a good gap and nearly lost it all with a slide into Kleines Karussell where I thought it would all end, recovered quite well and only lost a second to Fargon, got a good run onto the straight and find out I've got an extra 3-4 kmh with softs and empty tank :rolleyes:, easy does it to the line. Intense stuff! :D

Big thank you to everyone who raced during the season, I've had a blast. Special thank you everyone at RaceOnOZ for making it happen, I'll be on the look out for more.

P.S. Third in championship... awww yeah!, very happy with that :D
    Cherno, Mael, krunch and 2 others like this.
  16. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Well that was brilliant. I never thought I'd do that many consecutive laps of the Green Hell and come away sane! But it was seriously fun. Before the race my biggest concern was keeping my concentration for nearly an hour at such a complex track. But getting to the end with no major incidents was a real buzz.

I qualified 5th which was a pleasant surprise. The overall race start was great. Well done to everyone keeping it so clean. I had a great battle with Anon in the early laps where the gap between us yo-yo'd back and forth. It was interesting to see where our relative strengths and weaknesses lay, and it was clear we had quite different setups. I was holding Anon up in the tighter sections but I'd get a way a bit in the more open sections. When I made a slight mistake coming out of the 2nd 'Karussell' (Kleines Karussell?) on lap 2 or 3 he was right on my tail as we hit the straight. I thought I was gone and he pulled alongside halfway along the straight. I prepared to pull in behind, but before he could get clear of my nose he started coming back to me. He had more downforce than I did and as he topped out I started coming back up the inside as we went under the bridge! Being a gentleman Anon pulled back in behind and I heard him ask did I have ANY downforce on my car? :). Yes I did but clearly less than him which also explained why he was on my tail in the twisty parts of each lap! Sadly, soon after that he had a moment coming out of T1 and spun into the wall so ending a tight battle too soon. From that point on it was a lonely race for me. Glimpses of cars in front and glimpses of cars in the mirror. Stiggy was looming for a while during his amazing climb up the order but he pitted before he reached me thus executing a perfect undercut. By the time I exited the pits after my stop he was already heading down the hill. So for me it was a case of holding my concentration, clipping apexes and trying to feel what the tyres were doing without feeling the walls in the process. I did mess up a couple of times but got away unscathed. I was extremely happy to cross the line in 6th position :). For what its worth I ran a set of medium tyres for the whole race. I only took fuel in my pitstop. Those tyres were excellent right to the end so I think my setup was pretty good overall. Congrats to Koaster for the win and Cherno and QC for the podium.

As for the championship, congrats again to Stiggy for taking it out and well done to Koaster and QC for 2nd and 3rd. I held on to 5th which I'm very happy with, although I know there are some fast guys who had bad luck in a couple of rounds who likely would have been up in the top 5. I enjoyed each of the cars and each of the tracks too and they were really original combinations. The highlight was my 3rd place at The Nurburgring.

Thanks to Anon, Driftoz and Hatfield for organising and running the series. Hat's off to all the drivers who raced in this series. The racing has been awesome and I've enjoyed battling with you all. I'll be back for more :).

P.S. if anyone wants a copy of the replay just let me know.
    Cherno, Anon666, Mael and 2 others like this.
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Nice write up's fella's glad to hear the Green Hell proved enjoyable.. awesome to see such close finishes after such a long race on a challenging track with a multitude of pit and setup strategies. ;)

Needless to say I love this track, and the laser scanned version really adds another dimension that brings it to life. Just turning laps is rewarding. So server issues last week were a stroke of luck for me as my power was out then! :rolleyes:

Quali was pretty much a one shot event. Even with a slower outlap softs only delivered peak grip for that one hot lap. I took enough fuel for a second hot lap just in case, and with increasing track grip I was close... thought about waiting in the pits for the track to grip up but that increased the risk of missing the window or getting stuck in traffic. And even then the track grip stayed relatively low through the quali session.

Balancing caution with over-conservatism was my main focus in the opening laps on cold tyres and a green track, especially in the high speed bends with braking zones immediately on exit. I ran softs with a change of boots end of lap 4, coming out of the pits just having to pause as Cherno blasted by the start/finish, exiting literally on his bumper. Again, not knowing Cherno's rhythm made balancing caution and over conservatism slightly nerve racking, but overall it was a fun change of pace to have some company and a view full of rear bumper for a while. Cherno made a small mistake through Adenauer Forst (windy bit after the fast valley section first sector) by which time my tyres were coming up to temp so it was easy to take advantage on the exit and reclaim the lead - assisted by Cherno conceding the position graciously.

From there it was a case of slipping into the zone and enjoying the ride, especially on fresh rubber with confidence in my setup and the track grip picking up. Did I mention that I love this track? :p
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    Cherno, Anon666 and Mael like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.