Season 5 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by KoAStR, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    Oh and bad luck at the pitstop, you were right behind me going in, your tyrechange just seems to take longer and you come out like 200m behind me, just enough for you to have to brake to let stu get through, luck of the draw I guess.
  2. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I posted results previous page, not lap times tho

.Sorry forgot about the ladder, will update it tomorrow with results.
    /cheers
  3. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Barra got fastest lap as well as win i think.
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Just waiting on Div2 FL's to complete the overall fastest laps standings...
  5. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Yer koaster i got them written down at home, will try and get them up tonight. Fighting young bloke for online time, he got BF3 on tuesday and I haven't been on since, tonight I might get a chance.
  6. Venosuala

Venosuala New Recruit

Good pick up Neishy. I was waiting for a family of ducks to cross. I think you mowed down the mother.
  7. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

I also dropped to last place on turn 1 to chase the field. he he

Not real happy at moment, the season is half way and points are slipping too fast. I'm ok qualifying but i'm still not 'racing' at a level i'm happy with. Wish someone set up a racing school (and drifting) so I could reach my potential?
  8. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Meh its only game, Im no where near it this season but im just trying to make the most of the season and enjoy it. The guy having the most fun is the real winner :p hahaha cornball me.

Just got home from work, knacked will do wiki laters.
  9. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Lap times for race 4

barra 1:41.323
    Anon 1:41.769
    Bonus 1:41.811
    Neishy 1:42.547
    Veno 1:42.596
    Stu 1:42.676
    Aussie 1:43.121
    tek 1:43.168
    M1k1 1:43.249
    Chaos 1:43.380
    Rico 1:43.824
    Cob 1:44.168

Note this is in lap time order, race result previous page. Ladder updated, Barra the big mover bagged a whoping 27 points from the round, moves into 3rd.

Bonus pretty much has a strangle hold so far. Rest posistions pretty open if some one can break through.
  10. jezza1

jezza1 Rookie

i know you dont lol

sorry i didnt get back to you stu. 52 7 was a pretty good time, but the pace went up a little bit after that. div 1 is pretty quick :D
  11. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Some great racing tonight. I hadnt done any practice so was expecting to be racing at the back of the field, ended up qualifing 6th out of 12 so smack bang in the middle of the hornets nest. Neishy lined up on pole I believe. Had a pretty good start and got past aussie of the line, slotted in 5th and followed the leaders.

Lap 2 odd Nieshy had an off and dropped back and Aussie got passed me so I was still in 5th. Stu was up front with a handy gap then behind him the 4 of us were running nose to tail. Aussie managed to get a massive tow on the straight and went into 2nd and started reel stu in with M1K, bonus and I in tow.

Aussie eventually caught stu and they went toe toe for the last few laps with the 3 of us catching fast from behind. Cant remember if I went into the last lap in 3rd or not but I came out of the back straight hairpin in 3rd with Aussie and Stu about a second in front. Aussie got a little loose in there battle and I was able to get right on his tail, coming into the last turn he took a pretty defensive line and I was able to hold my speed around the outside and get passed for 2nd. Stu took the win.

Top 3 were inside 1 second and top 5 inside 2 seconds, one of the most intense races ive had. Suprised myself I was able to hang with the leaders for once this season.

Race reverse was pretty fun started 2nd last and found myself in 5th resonable quick, managed to get passed a couple more and got onto the back of Dimplz. He got loose onto the back straight giving a pretty easy pass, now I found myself in 2nd hunting down cobs. All the while hoping Dimplz is going to hold the stu/M1k/Annon train.

Mangaged to catch Cobs and kept taking a wide line around him till I got an opptunity to under cut (which I did on the last turn) From I looked at the laps and relized there wasnt long to go, Time had flown theres 3 laps left and ive got a 2 sec odd lead. Tyres were shot but just manged to hold of stu dispite a very poor last lap from me. Finishing less than a second infront.

It was all academic though, whether stu beat me last race or not he still wins the round.

Think top 3 for round will be
    Stu
    Tek
    and Aussie
  12. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Some great racing tonight guys, very intense. :p

Had a good prac session, falling just short of a pb with a 47.0. Then in qually i was able to go nearly as fast with a 47.1 which set me up for pole just ahead of Nieshy.

Race 1. I got a reasonable start but was passed by nieshy into 1, so i settled in behind in second just to see what would happen. On lap 3 nieshy made a small mistake at the hairpin left and copped a penalty so i was in the lead with bonus, aussie, miki and tek behind fighting amongst themselves. By lap 5 they had caught me and Aussie and i had a great scrap, while also being able o pull a small gap to the others. We swapped the lead about 10 times, but the last lap is where it was it got interesting. With a very small gap into 1 aussie had a crack and with a very slight touch on the arse was able to get past. I followed close down the back straight and with the door open into the sharp right i had a crack and got it up the inside, we went side by side through the left / right and i managed to get ahead up the hill. Tek had closed up during our battle and while i was able to get far enough ahead to claim the win, aussie had a slow entry onto the straight which saw tek take second, with Aussie 3rd. A very enjoyable race, but bloody intense.

Race 2 i thought would be interesting with the back half of the field very even on pace. With Aussie dropping out, coming back in, then starting on pole he had to move over at turn 1 and we were away. ! was up to 7th after turn 1, then had a great mid pack battle for the next 5 laps, till there were about 6 of us that made a small pack at the front. Cob and dimples were leading the way, with myself, tek, miki and anon chasing them down. With about 2 to go tek had the lead, and Anon and i were chasing him down. I got past anon down the straight on lap 10 and set my sights on Tek. I made about 1.5 secs on the last lap and with the help of the SS down the front straight tek got the win by .158 of a sec. Well done. Both races worthy of an upload tek !!

Was some fantastic racing, and so much going on right through the pack. Pity Veno had a DNF first race, and then a DNS. Some slight bump and grind but with the racing so close is to be expected i suppose. Bad luck bonus, was expecting to follow you round all night, was pleasantly surprised to see you back in the field......:/

I have all the results, fastest laps and points done tek so i will post them later today to save you the time. (did it while watching the f1)

Cheers
    Stu.
  13. Venosuala

Venosuala New Recruit

Apologies for having to jump out last night boys. It is always a challenge for me to tire out my 2 year old so that I can get him to bed a little earlier on a Sunday night to make the race. 7.30-8pm is a very delicate time at my place. Unfortunately last night went pear shaped and he wouldnt sleep which in turn set my misses off. I was getting my ear chewed off and had a couple of big offs not watching the road while trying to defend myself. I was only going to end up ruining someone elses race not concentrating like that. As soon as I went in to him the little bugger settled down and passed out. Hopefully its just a one off. I had the sulks for the rest of the night.
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Race 1.
    1. Stu FL-1.48.164
    2. Tek 1.47.916
    3. Aussie 1.47.204
    4. Bonus 1.47.102
    5. Miki 1.47.071 (fastest lap)
    6. Neishy 1.48.140
    7. Anon 1.47.407
    8. Chaos 1.49.005
    9. Rico 1.49.553
    10. Cob 1.49.744
    11. Dimplez 1.48.365
    12. Veno 1.47.786

Race 2.
    1. tek 48.727
    2. stu 48.522
    3. neishy 48.073
    4. anon 48.823
    5. miki 48.900
    6. aussie 47.758
    7. cob 49.033
    8. chaos 48.918
    9. rico 48.673
    10. bonus 48.917
    11. dimples 49.633
    12. veno dns

overall results
    1. stu 25 + 9 = 34 =25 pts
    2. tek 18 +12.5 = 30.5 =18 pts
    3. aussie 15 +4 = 19 =15
    4. neishy 8 + 7.5 = 15.5 =12
    5. miki 10 +5 = 15 =12 (10 + 2 FL)
    6. bonus 12 + .5 = 12.5 = 8
    7. anon 6 + 6 = 12 =6
    8. chaos 4 +2 = 6 =4
    9. cob 1 +3 =4 =2
    10. rico 2 + 1 =3 =1
    11. Dimples 0 + 0 =0 =0
    12. Veno DNF + DNS =0

Cheers
    Stu
  15. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
  16. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Hardly a gun, just look at race 2's time. :) The field was tight all race long.
    But my coin purse of talent (and luck) usually runs out straight after qualifying.

I'm real lucky Barra is out for a bit. Hope he's having fun out on the ocean. :D
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    your right about the lap times miki, generally slow compared to qually and prac......just goes to show that defending your line definitely slows you down a lot. i ran consistant 47s in prac and didnt get close to that in either race.
  18. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Ohh Im 13 points behind 3rd, plenty of time to make those points up :) Be afraid...muhahah Would of been nice if Stu was a buddy and dropped himself back to 5th the second race.....Really could of used a round win, pretty happy to get a least one podium for the season any way.
  19. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Speaking of guns, here's Tek.................
    I remember something about mid season form.
    Bam! there it is. :lol:
  20. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    you guys must have a pretty intense race each week,,whenever i chec the results it is always so close
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.