Season 5 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by KoAStR, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    I dunno Cob, I seem to experience similar sorts of issues when there are more people in the room, though not to the extent you've seen them, I ran 52.1 around La Sarthe the other day with Bonus in my lounge, I wouldn't mind betting I'll get nowhere near that tonight, will be a bloody fun race though I reckon, just don't cut those chicanes, the penalties seem really harsh on those, I must have taken too much kerb on the entry to the first chicane once (after the first straight) and it gave me an 8 second penalty, very costly, bye bye slipstream if that happens in the race.
  2. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Collected the season results from the forum, will tally points latter.

Round 1 Monza *Denotes fastest lap
    1. Stu
    2. M1k
    3. Bonus*
    4. Rico
    5. Veno
    6. tek
    7. Aussieman
    8. Chaos
    9. Timmo
    10. Neishy
    11. Dimplz (DNF)

Round 2 Indy road
    1. Bonus
    2. Barra
    3. Aussie
    4. Rico
    5. Stu*
    6. Veno
    7. Miki
    8. Chaos
    9. Timmo
    10. Tek
    11. Neishy
    12. Dimplez

Round 3 Daytona road
    1ST - NOS_BONUS_888
    2ND - NOS_Neishy4A-GTE
    3RD - stuart170773
    4TH - venosuala
    5TH - tekNiqueAU
    6TH - M1K1_D*
    7TH - barra333
    8TH - aussie_man21
    9TH - Anon666
    10TH - chaos707
    11TH - Timmo_821

Round 4 Monacco
    1 Barra*
    2 Bonus
    3 Anon
    4 Nieshy
    5 Veno
    6 Stu
    7 M1k
    8 Aussie
    9 Tek
    10 Rico
    11 Chaos
    12 Comb

Round 5 Fuji
    1. stu
    2. tek
    3. aussie
    4. neishy
    5. miki*
    6. bonus
    7. anon
    8. chaos
    9. cob
    10. rico
    11. Dimples
    12. Veno

Round 6 Suzuka
    1 Annon
    2 Neishy
    3 tek
    4 Mik
    5 Bonus
    6 Aussie *
    7 Chaos
    8 veno
    9 Stu
    10 Rico
    DNF dimplz
    DNF Combs
  3. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    awesome tek sorry about this, ill do div 3 during the week
  4. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

No prob mate dosent take long, just copy n paste them.
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  6. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Thanks for doing that Koastr, great work.

Getting super tight mid pack points wise.
  7. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Just rule out a few things, my broadband speed is between 6 - 7 Mbps download and usually 0.31 upload NAT type 2 is this Ok, I don't think it would be effecting things too much but then again what I don't know could fill Sydney Harbour.
    Also do you guys with wheels and pedals practice left foot braking, I myself have only tried it a little as yet as it would seem to take away from the realism a bit, I have started to do it around the larger off camber corners so I can stay on the throttle but still get the nose in, but for the big hail mary brake applications fast into slow situations I still have to use my right foot as I can't seem to modulate the pedal as accurately with my left foot. (yes it's called co-ordination and its one of the many things that desert you as you get older).
    However if a change in driving style can get me the couple of seconds I need I'll give it a bash, I changed from using in-car view very early on so I guess this may be the next step.

Cheers
  8. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Thanks for sorting this leader board thing out Koaster, any idea what happened to the wiki? You got a little adding mistake on my results, I'm on 103 not 98, not sure where the adding went wrong but 5 points short. Still by dropping our worst round it will put me on 95 and Stue on 85, still wide open Stue. As for using Wiki, do we still need too? I've seen web sites that have the capability to include XL type spread sheets for results, not sure if we now have that capability on this site, but it would be good to not be reliant on that hard to edit wiki.
  9. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Cob, your upload speed isn't the best but it should still be fine for online play, it's moreso line quality/latency that has the biggest effect on online games, old copper for example, tends to have a higher latency than a new service would, there's not a lot you can do about it besides having new copper installed at your home, then you've gotta hope the stuff running down the street isn't shabby.

My suggestion is just to make sure you reset your router before each race and clear your cache in the GT5 options menu, oh and type 2, aka, open NAT, is exactly what your after.

Also, when racing competitively, I always left foot brake as I use the paddles on my wheel for gear shifting as opposed to the H-pattern shifter, I don't need my left foot to use the clutch and I find if I use it as a dedicated braking foot the transition between throttle on and braking is much quicker, and vice versa, if I bothered to practice heel/toe it would probably be a different story.
  10. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Cob ill try get on this week and invite u too my room if i see you on and we'll run a couple of races and try some testing, Sometimes connections dont seem to get along Im with Bigpond for what its worth.

No one else has really seemed to have tyre issues though and my conection has been pretty solid (no black screens pre race, everybody been able to see each other ect ect) ...although bonus might of had a tyre issue second race at 'Fuji'

Someone else will be hosting the final round though as I dont have the DLC.

As for left foot braking I do pretty much 100% of the time :) One could argue its realistic as I use a DFGT so I do not have a clutch. When I drive my second real life car which is an auto i left foot brake also. I mainly do it for comfort dosent really effect my times, I havent been one of the fast guys this season anyway...so I probably shouldnt talk much.
    I use the bonnet view the one where you see the tip of bonnet on screen.
  11. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773

yeah still wide open bonus, not too concerned, was just hoping for a podium this season but have done much better than i thought.

I watched the replay last night of our little tangle, and am glad that i redressed. There was enough room for us both to get around that corner (even though it was bloody tight) and even though i was in front i could have been more careful to avoid the little contact we had by staying tight. Not only that, but i was under the impression i waited a lap to let you past, but i didnt, i let you go on the front straight of the same lap. My brain not working properly these days.....so i had enough time to get the spots back if i didnt drive like a learner, at that stage there was 4 of us nose to tail..... :/ all good

Has anyone set any times at sarthe yet ......
  12. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

all good Stue, looking forward to a tight finish to the season. I get a bit mixed up with incident when and where they happened too, i was asked where our incident was and i couldn't remember what turn it was. I still say it was just the littlest bump and if it was at any other part of the track nothing would have been wrong and we whould be talking about all those laps we ran side by side rubbing door handles. Did a 354 at lesarthe,

In the Astra in Anons DTM race, havent done any in the G27 yet but Im sure It will be a lot slower than that. lol
  13. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    :lol: I am still picking my jaw up .... a 3.54.......i did a 4.28 in the 37, then i read your last line........ :lol:
  14. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

lol, it worked, let the games begin
  15. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea mate no probs, just go ahead and edit the tally yourself if you see any errors.
    KC is going to investigate alternatives to the wiki for sure. Have a look under the mods forum section bud.
  16. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    After 2 weeks away, I thought I had better jump back on the horse early this week, especially since I havent really done much running at Sarthe - half a lap of epic long straights is a little boring. Anyway, Stu joined after a few minutes (didnt even see you log in - I must have been busy building sandcastles at the Porsche Curves).
    After a few laps, we did a race to get a feel of the penalties and slipstream effect. Here is what we learnt
    • People WILL overshoot the corner at the end of the Mulsanne (and spend an age digging their way out)[/*]
    • Penalties apply, and are very strict on inside of all chicanes (9 sec for the end of lap ones)[/*]
    • Penalties apply to running wide on to the Mulsanne, out of each chicane on the Mulsanne, and running wide on the last corner before pit entry[/*]

This may be common knowledge to some, but don't say you weren't warned!
  17. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah Barra, we run there monday night for the DTM race (13 laps), and i agree penalties are bad at La Sarthe.
    i not sure about every1 else but i think i did very well only got 3 penalties (6,9,5 seconds) one big tyre wall in the grill from braking half a car to late after watching Chev's triangle spin into sand pit just before the two 90 degree left/right combo, which make me bury my astra grill into outside wall at the right hander, and had one visit to the green stuff over the hill before the first straight, other than that it was a top race.
  18. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    ahhh... no worries aussie. The penalties are pretty harsh, but fair I think. All the places that we looked that you could get an advantage, were penalised. The only spot that was a bit iffy is the braking at the end of the straight. The game seems happy for you to start as wide as you like on entry
  19. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah i not sure which straight your talk about, i didn't have any probs in braking areas monday,
    so what probs exactly did you come across and what area?
  20. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    The 90 degree right hander at the very end of the Mulsanne. After you go through the little kink, I think the game lets you go all the way to the sand on the left before turn in without penalty. I had never used it, but followed Stu down there and he went wide without penalty. I dont think it will be a huge issue, I think we will all be happy just to get the car stopped for the corner.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.