Season 5 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by KoAStR, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah i know where u mean now and on monday night we all used that area in the race, i think it should be allowed to be used.
    Just so we don't have to police that one area to see if everyone is keeping their car inside the line.
    As i think there will always be one or two people in a race that like to push / bend rules and boundaries to an advantage.
    as long as everyone know that area/s in each race, that they can race on or can't race on, i don't see any problems.
    so i think it will come down to each DIV and how well they comunication.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i think that we should be allowed to run wide there.....takes away the need to police it, and also if you push the edge of the track there it will end in tears for you anyway.

The big thing will be the passing in the chicanes and not getting penalties, and more importantly braking after getting a run in the draft. I can see guys getting the :):):):)s if someone drives up their tale pipe and knocks them into a penalty when its the guy behind who has the responsibility not to hit anyone.

Should be a great race, based on some of the races we have had, monza, indy and fuji should be some great battles right up and down the field, plus add Barra to the mix after he went patting penguins for 2 weeks things should be interesting.

Miki and i ran a few laps this morning and we are pretty even on pace.....
  3. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    So what is the target lap time around La Sarthe? I'm gonna have a run this arvo and it'd be nice to know what's going to be competitive.
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    for you snake, based on your pace your target time is 3:50:000 :p

Miki and i ran some laps and we are both about the 4:22s.

I have run a 4:19 but that was with no tire wear and after about 8 laps so i was in the groove.

I would expect that you would run about 4:18s given that div 1 guys are a few secs faster, will be on tonight if you want to join from about 9.

Cheers
    Stu
  5. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Barra in case you havent noticed theres a cracker of a battle in the mid pack of the ladder, by my caculations anyone of about 6 ppl could snag 3rd overall (inculding yourself). I myself could finish as high as 3rd or as low as 9th depending on how the last couple rounds pan out.

No pressure everyone :) Im gonna stick to my gameplan of the last 2 weeks.
  6. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    I had noticed that Tek. 3rd place is mine :cool:

Damn uni giving me field trips to sail the high seas. Otherwise I reckon I could be fighting for a higher spot. I like this car.

Incidentally, with the addition of the 'no tuning' option in the race regs, our car selection has effectively been increased to... well... all of them. OK, maybe just the 200 premiums for the guys who drive cockpit.
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    hey guys, quick question.....anyone else been having connection issues lately?

My connection has been very stable in the past, but just the last week i have been noticing some issues. Just after last weeks race i was kicked from the server, and last night i was kicked from my own lobby when i was the only one in there. I have reset modem and cleared the cache, but seems strange for it to start happening all of a sudden.

Hope it doesnt happen this sunday !

Cheers
    Stu
  8. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    I've noticed the last couple of weeks the PSN (through GT5 anyway) has seemed a bit slow, just looking at my in game friends list before joining someone's lounge for example, it all loads alot slower than it used to, a few weeks ago I jumped on, tried to enter my own lounge for some practice and it said I couldn't connect, to my own lounge! :/ wierd.

We had some big problems getting people into Anon's lounge on Monday for the DTM race too, bloody annoying.

I ran 1 hotlap around La Sarthe yesterday arvo, was a 19.3, qualy pace for div 1 will probably be low 18's, low 17's for Jezza :rolleyes:
  9. jezza1

jezza1 Rookie

lol its possible snake, but you never know. That sounds like a good time. I havent done any practice yet, how bad is this track for penalties? I reckon thats gonna catch alot of people out if its a bit strict! The race should be heaps of fun, youre really gonna need some friends/help to give you a boost down the straights for this race I think haha :D
  10. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Ten posts ago mate. Long and the short of it is that the penalties are very strict. Will be surprised if anyone can get through the race without getting a couple.
  11. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    I had never had a connection problem until the 2.0 update came out.
    Since then I can think of a couple of occasions that i've been disconnected.

But it's impossible to know the reason for being disconnected, so I've wondered if it's something in the update, or GT5 servers, or my modem getting old etc.
  12. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Same here. Had incompatibility issues with a few people, but power cycled my modem and cleared cache and has been fine since.
  13. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

I had that glitch with the 59;59;000 not updating during prac last race but luckily it went away for quali. I had a wierd prob earlier in the day when I had no tyre sound and it put my times off cause I need to 'hear' the grip. And I'm hearing you about that Jezza and his crazy Alien speed. It's like having Beau back all over again, dominating all.
  14. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah i've been having that problem to Snake, and yes its weird as,
    every now and then i jump on GT5 sign in and go to race online it would be fine, but sometimes do the same thing and get into the race
    (it doesn't matter who lounge the race is) get in start racing around and within 5 mins BANG it kicks me out.
    so then i try to re-enter the room and it says THE NETWORK OFFLINE.
    so now i have to reset everything and its fine.
    but on other days i sign in go to go race and it just doesn't let me enter at all. IT SUCKS

but i found if you don't delete your cache things it gets more glitchy and plays up more, (like gets slow as and doesn't load up right)
    so now every 2 days and before a big race i do the cache file delete and i think it has helped with the problems, but i still get the odd bad day from time to time, it usaully only happens now when it seems really busy in the room with lots of people going on and off the track.
  15. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I think it would help if ppl didnt do burnouts and crap during the count down, to be honest I dont think that it helps as its loading. I think all up the conection in div 2 has been pretty good, one or two ppl having issues here and there. Ive had weird issues in practice too, sometimes it will say im fastest when im 10 secs of fastest lap....I find that off putting as I dont know my speed, but its always worked properly in qual so I dont worry any more. All up seems all right to me, then again im host.

Still havent turned a lap yet not really sure which track it is yet. Im sure Veno and Chaos are hungry to get on the podium soon, I could find myself at the back this week.
  16. Venosuala

Venosuala New Recruit

That would be great Tek. I always set myself top 5 and my last two weeks have been nothing short of a disaster. Last week i was uncompetitive. If I get a podium tomorrow night I'm going on a three day bender!
  17. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    I am wrong or am i yet to see paul (anon) gloat about his win?

cmon anon give us some of your world class cracks about your win!
  18. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah i haven't seen anything either now that you bring up, mabe Anon is keeping it cool, calm and collected. :cool: :p
  19. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Not much to gloat about (not Paul btw, think you got me mixed up with Whacked from OZGT). Think my win had a bit of the Stephen Bradbury's about it actually. I wasn't the fastest, nor the smoothest (my front tyre wear was the worst of all 10 drivers), but I had only one costly mistake.

Not much for write ups as I usually forget the important bits, so I asked my wife to video me doing an interpretive dance explaining my view of the race. She told me to put my clothes back on and grow up...so I did a little vid instead.

[video]youtube.com/watch?v=Wu4sVXbsVDA[/video]

Select HD and crank the music!!
  20. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    :lol: nice one Anon! Enjoyable viewing ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.