Season 5 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by KoAStR, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    lol nice one anon ,
  2. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Didnt realise tonight was an endruo, ill try open the room a little early. Qual will be pretty much one out lap one flying lap, stu mentioned in the div 3 thread he might not be able to make tonights race.
  3. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Haha nah, i think you misread. He was saying that Jas couldnt make it. I'd say Stu is good to go.
  4. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Ah I notice now doh....
  5. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Top 3 from memory..
    Neishy
    M1k
    Aussie? I think :)

I parked it on my hot lap as i buried it in the sand so started last. Soon got to the mid pack battle comprised of 5 or so cars while a group of 3-4 broke away up front. I was taking it pretty easy staying at the back of the pack and braking early waiting to see what would unfold, by the 2nd lap the penalties would take hold of a few including bonus and stu pushing me up to 5th-6th.

My race would turn to crap lap 3 though as I got the dreaded chicane penalty which costs buckets of time and lost the pack. A couple more offs and by the time I got out the pits i found myself back in 10th :(

Never the less I found myself having a decent scrap with Comb for what would turn out to be 8th as Bonus retired due to sickness. I pitted a lap later so I was hoping my tyres would of held up slighly better, comb had a mistake or two the last lap helping my cause.

Fun race havent raced here much so I knew wouldnt be near it, thought I had a chance till that 1st penalty.

Congrats Neishy Champion de lemans

Im happy though cause literally 2 mins after the race I got a call saying my wallet found ..yay :)
  6. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Fastest laps @ Le Mans.
    4:17.384 Neishy
    4:19.101 Miki
    4:19.216 Venosuala
    4:19.612 Anon
    4:19.684 Aussie
    4:19.729 Barra
    4:19.790 Stuart
    4:21.013 Bonus
    4:21.812 Teknique
    4:21.883 CobMcCool
    4:40.939 Dimplz
  7. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Haha Neishy, owned the fasted lap!!! Awesome job fella! My fastest lap was 4:17.1xx, which is alot slower than I expected my fastest to be. My qualy lap was mental....I nailed every corner, super smooth and clean, bagged a 4:15.8xx..like 1 second quicker than my practice best. That was good enough for 3rd. Jezza got a 4:15.3xx i think, and a 4:14.9xx fastest lap in the race....he is a true alien.
  8. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
  9. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Results @ Le Mans pending any complaints/stuff.
    1. Neishy
    2. Miki
    3. Aussie
    4. Stuart
    5. Venosuala
    6. Barra
    7. Anon
    8. Teknique
    9. CobMcCool
    10. Bonus.
    11. Dimplz (DNF)
  10. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Thanks Mik ladder gonna be pretty friggen tight especially with drop a round, reckon Bonus and stu still in battle for the lead while Mik, Neishy and aussie up for 3rd. The rest of us still in a pretty tight scrap for remaing places.

Actually neishy's 27 points takes him into contention for the championship, its now a 3 way tussle.
  11. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    I like this ^
  12. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Chev I only managed a 19.xxx mate! I never even had the chance to put in a fast lap, there was always too much traffic or by the time I was in clean air my tires were too rooted to do anything, disappointing.
  13. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Hey guys just confirming bonus or dimplez got 10th?
    I dont see dimplez in. The results but do see hom in the fastest laps
  14. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Bonus would be 10th. He parked it several laps after Dimplz

....and here's the story of my race:

One lap dash quali - nice tidy lap - 4'21 or so, only good for 8th. Trouble brewing here, I hope I can keep on the slipstream of everyone....

Race start, stayed conservative through the first section to make sure I dont get a penalty/bump someone and have to redress. A bit of drafting down the back straight for a few laps (glad I had worked out braking points for the first chicance - saved me a lot of time). Managed to break free of the pack and started to chase Veno down for 3rd, but a penalty for running wide on the last corner before pit entry killed that idea, and got Aussie on to my tail, who had managed to break the slipstream of everyone else.
    Pitted at the end of lap 8 for tyres and a couple of litres of fuel. Came out in reasonably close company of Veno and Aussie, until they outbraked each other into a chicane, giving me the spot over Veno. On to chasing Aussie for 3rd. All going well, fastest lap on lap 10, got him in sight, almost in the slipstream. Then I got screwed by the penalty system at the 90 degree right hander at the end of the straight - two wheels on track, two on curb - 10sec penalty!!!!!:mad:
    Thus ended my challenge for 3rd, and started a 4 and half lap, ~20minute epic battle with Stu for 4th/5th. Slingshot past each other on the straight, tailgate the rest of the lap to stay in touch, rinse, repeat. Last lap, I outbraked myself ever so slightly, running wide at the end of the straight, giving Stu back the spot for the really narrow straight. He drove straight down the middle of that, leaving no room to pass there, so I figured I would give it a go into the start of the Porsche curves. Not so good... attempting to get down the inside, I put a wheel on the grass spitting me into the cavernous gravel trap on the left, costing me not only 4th place, but 5th, as Veno marched on by, with his arm out the window, waving.

All in all, good fun race, only 1 or 2 light touches with Stu in 20mins or so of wheel-to-wheel racing.

Anon, I gave you a slight bump in the early laps coming up to the 90degree left/right (Indianapolis). I hope that wasnt what caused you to go off at the left hander. If it was, I sincerely apologise, but I felt it was a pretty light bump that shouldnt have caused an off
  15. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    well done Neishy
    *pole grabber, fastest lap and the race win, clean sweep for the round top stuff.

as for ur wallet Tek, they found it m8, well they should have i gave it to the man at the front counter and paid him 50 bucks to hold on to it, but the dumb :):):):) was surppose to ring half way through the race and distract you :mad: :p . snake got ur half of loot to m8. $$$$$$$$
    and ur bank cards don't work man, ur missus been in ur wallet spending all ur money :lol:

and Bonus i contaminated ur VB and it worked, :lol: Hope i haven't killed yeah m8, GET BETTER M8

as for the race i got 2nd on the grid, got a good start, by the first straight got to 1st and then out braked myself at the first chicane,
    bang 10 sec penalty and whooooosh neishy gone miki aswell and i fighting with and pack of 5, man it got crowded back there.
    2nd chicane passing the mid pack in the braking zone, then smash got a hit the rear right in entry to the chicane from some1 i don't know who, by i didn't look back as i nailed the chicane sweet as and off i went chasing the front runners.
    lap 4 first straight, Cob and Tek fighting over track position and i was coming up fast, Tek got a good run on Cob, and then had a run on both but with the track so bouncy and rough, Cob on the left and Tek on the right of the track,
    MMMMMMMMMMMM no room but up the middle so i lined it up drove the right harder and man O man not much room in between i can tell ya that, but got it done and from there not a lot of action around me until the final lap when Miki_D had a small off 30 seconds from the end but he got back on drove straight to finish line for 2nd, as i had a moment with last chicane 1o second penalty AGAIN :mad: only 2 car lengths off Miki_D's rear (nearly had ya m8 :lol: )

and i would like to say AWESOME car control and driving, Tek and Cob on that lap 4 passing when i threaded my car between yous guys, that could have got really messy. to tell you the truth i nearly closed my eyes on that pass. :D :D

top race all great time and another 3rd for the bag :cool: :cool: :cool:
  16. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Heh no worries Aussie I saw ya coming so held my line as much as possible, I already had lost my tow of Comb by going side and could see you coming with heaps of tow and speed. I was hoping we could get on to the back of you and get a free ride, never the less Aussie just drove on and chucked my wallet out the window as he went passed. Time I pulled over to grab it he was long gone :D

Cob and I going two wide in to the corner at the end of the long straight didnt help much as you both have to take a slower line, infact me and cobs nearly had a disaster or two there luckily he was able to undercut me when I out braked myself and vice versa.
  17. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yet another round of great close racing last night guys.....well done to neishy, just way too fast, talk about hitting form at the right time.

Qually was ok for me, punched out a mid 19 which i though would put me there or there abouts, then i saw neishys time of 17 something and all i would say is i was hoping he had cut somewhere because based on that he was going to blow me out of the water.......and he did :D

Think i started about 6th, and after the first straight sorting out period i was 4th behind Aussie. I set myself to get through the race with no penalties but that only lasted till the end of the first lap when i tried to avoid one of aussies moments at the final chicane and copped the first of about 4.....after that i was way back in 9th, but just ahead of bonus with a pack ahead......i was up to about 7th at the pit stop, tracking down veno and barra and i think anon ????

Anyway, its all a bit of a blur, but i remember veno driving slowly at one point and maybe anon stuck with a penalty, but the wash up is that Barra and i had about 5 laps of nose to tail racing that was bloody intense. I think there were about 10 - 15 passes in all, and i remember thinking that if we draft each other we might catch Aussie who was in front, i could see him on the map. With one lap to go Barra had a moment and i got past, and realised that i should get the fat arse out so i can claim 4th.....it nearly ended in tears for me at the porsche curves (as barra said) he had a massive lunge up the inside from the draft, but got it slightly wrong and went off into the boonies, not before i nearly went with him, saved it, and had to defend from veno in the final 2 chicanes.....

Was great clean racing barra, would say sorry for defending in the last lap, but with the championship so close now i need every point i can get to try to hold on to a top 3 spot :p. (whos idea was it to add another round? :lol: )

Bad luck to bonus who i am sure was in for a good result......what a season though, awesome fun. :D
  18. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Btw someone else is going to host the next round as I dont have the DLC. I think Barra said he would, who ever ends up host make sure you add them before the race.

I like Spa and feel I do ok in various games there, hopefully I can spoil the party :D No skullduggery involved of course.
  19. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah tek to easy Tek if i remember correctly i have set the spa in my lounge so if you need to some practise you can use it if you want m8.
    can't remember who used it before but they said it work find no glitches or funny stuff.....
  20. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    I'm happy to 'host' next week in that the race happens in my lounge, but tek still runs the show. Unless you want me to do the lot - up to you. My lounge is already set to spa if anyone wants to go in and have a run.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.