PCARS HI-TEC OILS GT SERIES SEASON IV Project Cars

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by VARDZ, Sep 30, 2015.

1. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    I see. I'm not sure my H shifter was of any advantage as we were perhaps doing 10kmph when we got the green light. It was like bumper cars in there. Especially as it seemed to green light on the bend. Wouldn't a regular grid start be better? Perhaps not for my car but it would be a cleaner start.
  2. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Well on my T300 i put it in 2nd and when the lights went green it started me from 2nd gear insted of first
    TheJuzzy and Killercarlcox69 like this.
  3. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    That's not my point Fastboy, mine did that too. Problem was we were doing 10kmph when we should have been doing around 60 or 70 i assume. Then second gear starting would be helpful.
  4. cowdoesfly

cowdoesfly Rookie

PSN ID
    cowdoesfly
    what were div 1 results, (my modem dropped out).
  5. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    I'm happy to stick with the rolling starts, it's something different and why not give it a go. We're all in the same boat her.
  6. Benjamin J Smith

I know CAGM was 1st... i was 2nd and Giant came 3rd, didn't see what happened after that
  7. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    I was about to have a go at you on the final lap then my fuel light came on devastated..:cry:
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  8. thebigRAGOO_14

thebigRAGOO_14 Team Driver

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    Always be ready to change to second you may not get the best start but should be enough to stay safe. Rolling starts are terrible in this game at the moment. I've been in races where the field is split in half, others and didn't even start where I qualified. I think grid starts should be thought about being used as rolling starts a just a tad temperamental
    beakeroo likes this.
  9. Benjamin J Smith

I was slowing down keeping the gap at about 3 secs, if it dropped under 2 i pushed a bit, after my second spin i knew i wasn't going to catch Cagm so didn't put any effort into that
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  10. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Gold & Bronze screenshot of results with lap times and qualifying please
  11. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Ok guys, new night new glitch, in last nights race just before the final turn I got randomly thrown into the pause menu and when I got back out of it the game had decided I needed to pit and pushed the pit request button for me. This was a first time occurrence which I hoped would be a one off, however I got on tonight to check something out and it randomly put me into the pause menu while driving again TWICE, once at Watkins glen and once at spa, only this time when I came out of the menu instead of a pit request being sent, my windscreen wipers were going. This :):):):) is getting old fast
  12. Rod

Rod Rookie

Glitch sorted... Many thanks to the lads tonight... Reset controller and it came good. Bring on the next round
  13. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I would like to see a single file staged rolling start, with an agreed upon point to begin accelerating and no passing before the start/finish line. Got absolutely rooted by the rolling start as it stopped dead on the inside of the final turn. I was on pole but got away in 3rd.

Will post results here ASAP wasn't sure where you wanted them @VARDZ
  14. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    We could do our own rolling starts as you've described Ad2mny. We just add an extra lap to our race event, qualify as normal, use the first lap as a warm up lap and before the start/finish straight we line up for a rolling start with the pole sitter controlling the pace at 60km or 80km and when they decide to go they yell green green green or we use the start/finish line as the point to begin.
    I've done this in Pcars before when organising reverse grid races.
    beakeroo and emuegg11 like this.
  15. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    I like the idea of a manual rolling start.... Spa is an easy one to do... as La Source is an 80kph corner and then Eu Rouge is single file or should be and then everyone can sort themselves out along the Kemmel straight... The only thing is the field will be completely spread out doing this.
    Sam D Blacklock and autech91 like this.
  16. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    The trick's I found were..... Not to go at such a slow pace through the lap otherwise your tyres will go cold, along with your brakes, everyone can manage to stay in their position and if people are getting too far infront we call for them to hold up, same for people lagging behind but if they are too far back that's at their own dissadvantage.

Once everyone gets, lets say for spa, at the F1 start straight to bunch up, pole man sitts in 2nd gear at 60km, and once pole crosses the actual start line before Eu Rouge everyone goes racing.

We could do a trial run during the week :)
    emuegg11 likes this.
  17. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    For spa, 100kmh limit on back straight to allow time for staging, maintaining that speed as best as possible along pit straight, green flag out of the final turn onto the grid straight but no passing until across the start line.
  18. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen lol. What's wrong with simple grid start?
  19. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    GT3 's have rolling starts whether it is a manual rolling start controlled by the pole sitter or an automated one we will be have a rolling start.
  20. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

What if someone I front misses the start completely? Are we supposed to just let the guys pull a few second lead while we wait for the start line