2015 GT Academy Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mustafur, Apr 15, 2015.

1. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Yep, I will be heading out Saturday morning in an attempt to qualify, see everyone there. :)
    MINT_GTR and skywalker like this.
  2. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Just got an email from Nissan offering me a free ticket to Movie World, despite being ineligible on 2 counts I'm extremely tempted.
    Viperzed likes this.
  4. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    I wonder if they also offered to anyone in the top 30/40
  5. Benjamin J Smith

Jono was 48th
  6. warrior2167

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Well then top 50.
  7. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Yeah, sadly and unfortunately I won't be back in time. It was really hard sending back through decline email.. :( and put all that effort in over those few days... Sigh.. However I would be extremely under prepared in terms of fitness! I could barely go up two flights of stairs now without puffing!! :(

I will be in Rome when the nats are on, so would like the best of luck to you lads! I think MINT will take this one out :)
  8. warrior2167

PSN ID
    warrior2167
  9. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Thanks. Well done @SirPoopington for claiming the other spot up for grabs today. Very nice guy and was good putting a face to the name. Rooz represent :D
  10. Benjamin J Smith

Who was the other person to get in and what was the combos ignore this
  11. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Gt3 gtr at nurb gp. Apparently they will be changing the combo each day.
  12. Benjamin J Smith

13. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Was the steering on beginner? Well done guys.
    Viperzed likes this.
  14. Benjamin J Smith

Mint Pringles and myself will be there tomorrow
    skywalker likes this.
  15. metal

metal New Recruit

Was good to meet up and say hello to 'nibbler' (sirpoopington/Elliot), and Saved (Luke), good luck on sat :)

Some info for everyone. The rigs have a little box/ledge at the bottom of the pedals now, so you can rest your heal on that between braking points, with not much required to reposition. Pedal angle is still with the pedals plates vertical. The first combo is the N24 Schule at Silver International, race softs, auto gears. You only have to do a decent lap under 1.11(i think) to get forward to the 2 main rigs. I managed a 1.07 or something on the first lap, and improved for the next 2, before the girl come up and said to move onto the main rigs.

Met up with Gary again, explained I already qualed, but was ineligible, but he still gave me a go on their '2nd' rig. Note, the 2nd rig is for those driver who show promise on the 6?ish 'have a go' rigs, but who probably won't even turn a non red lap. i.e. they really have to show some sort of potential to get to have another go on the main rig.

I ran a 1m56s9 or something on my 4th lap, which was pretty ok considering. It was only 17seconds faster than the fastest lap set on that rig that day :p The sound on the 2nd rig is turned right down to give the 1st rig more volume for the more serious drivers (rooz, and any other proper gt6 driver really). I could hear the engine and sounds of the main rig more than the one I was on :) nibbler the master pooper and luke ran 55/56 initially, and improved to high 54/55 flat before I left to go pick up my pc parts from umart, and head home.

On the main rig it was 3 laps only. Luke has mentioned that they might change the combo. On this first day, it was 1 go, then wait for everyone else in the 'main rig' group to have a go/have another go. Then u can have a 2nd or 3rd etc. But Gary mentioned that they were doing it this way on the first day at least. So it might change tommorrow, or by the end of the week, or possibly maybe just sat (i reckon given only 2 hours on sat, anyone turning up will probably only get 1 go on the main rig, so be prepared to hate the rigs in advance :p).

Hmm... other info. Your autocross is on the Hollywood stunt driver course :D I'm pretty sure it will be with an audience of anyone who wants to watch... :)

Anyway, might come up and say hello on the saturday. Depends if it's raining. If it isn't raining, then i'll go do a cycle race at murbah (Murwillumbah, about 70k south of movie world, and about 70k north of my home). And I still might come up on sunday anyway, just to watch, also depending on weather :)

If I don't cya's then. Good luck to all :)

Cheers,
    metal
  16. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    How'd you guys go? Did they change the combo? Know who made it through today?
  17. Benjamin J Smith

Gibboman made it through today finished 30th in the final, and another guy who finished somewhere towards the 100 mark, the combo was Nismo GT3 at Fugi GT i did 1 run got a 1:31.7 the time that got you through was a 30.8 which he got after his 5th attempt
  18. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Im coming up tomorrow is anyone going tomorrow? Im happy to meet up
  19. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Apologies for being well off topic, but i'm curious, how'd ya change your ROOZ ID?
  20. Benjamin J Smith

^^^^^^ i was thinking the same thing