2015 GT Academy Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mustafur, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Probably, it was never really explained properly so I got no real idea.
  2. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    So, I'm still really hazy - what do you need to do to get from Round1 to Round4? Does the cut-off get increasingly high?
  3. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    As long as you get gold in all the rounds before the final you can do the final round.
    Crunch likes this.
  4. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Crunch, get gold in all rounds which then unlocks the next round, the only round that really counts is the last. Basically the idea is to use all the rounds to get you to hone in your skills for the last round where you put them all together... well that's their idea any ways...

First round is always the Leaf on CH somewhere.. has been like that for a few years.. I hate the first round its so annoying.. lol

The last round, is where it counts! You need to keep putting laps in until you put together a lap you cannot beat no matter how hard... The utmost annoying thing is you do that lap, but then you start getting faster sectors and but can't repeat another sector... So you know you can always get a better time... The Aliens somehow repeat it, or if they get stuck they use the Datalogging tool and compare to #1 to see where they are loosing time... Braking later or earlier, having more corner speed, getting on the throttle later or eariler.
    This function I didn't use as much as I should have last year, but it didn't matter because I qualified any ways... You also have to remember those laps are 'super laps' and Aliens always find a tenth here or there until the final close day. Another tip is to check out GTP_Tidgney's guide to GT Academy on youtube. He updates after the first week of every round and breaks down how to get the best lap and where can maximize your time.
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
    Crunch and JonoStan96 like this.
  5. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    since it's likely the online will be the full 32 spots for our qualification, I would expect anyone who is in Division 1 and probably alot from Div 2 to be able to make it through if they put the time in, and any other fast guys who may have fast times in them.

I reckon we can fill more then half of the national Final with Rooz members, but it will take alot of work from alot of people to achieve this.
    Crunch likes this.
  6. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    We should make that an official agenda, lol.
  7. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    But its also likely that it might not be 28 spots... could be as low as 14 or 18...
  8. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I meant 28.

not sure, that would be a very small national Final if they went under 20, and Race camp has the same amount of countries as last year just different countries so they will likely still take 6 or it would be pretty lonely lol.
  9. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Nope, we have Japan aswell now to compete with us at Silverstone...

It would be great if they took top 14 to Silverstone, but that means that the Top 13 will miss out.. so they go to the next top 13 which aren't as quick....
  10. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    no we don't they are in the Asian camp.
  11. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Crunch likes this.
  12. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    ! we vs USA?

I wonder if we will take their style of nationals this year then? instead of just TT????

Personally i would rather that... its better to find race craft, with talent... you can't really teach that and can't find that in TT...
  13. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    no idea, all i know is it's the international camp which we where in last year.

I think it has something to do with there TV contract running out.
  14. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    it does say there are live events though, but it doesn't say for who and when.
  15. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    So where is the International Race Camp if Europe is going to Abu Dhabi?
  16. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Silverstone, where it always is.
  17. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I guess they wanted to take Europe out of their comfort zone.
  18. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    And think this i my final question (just because I want to make sure I am actually eligible before trying to reschedule my uni life and exam preparation for round4): i've read somewhere that vision is also tested. Does that mean people with extremely powerful corrective lenses are thrown out? I'm definitely a guy who has super strong lenses, and would be RIDICULOUSLY :):):):)ed if I ever couldn't see on a track, lol.
  19. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Doesn't matter!

As long as you have glasses mate you will be fine. The frenchman that won it last year has glasses :)
  20. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko