2015 GT Academy Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mustafur, Apr 15, 2015.

1. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    That was the video I took of you :D:p
    aussief1, Crunch and Mustafur like this.
  2. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Lol haha.
    MINT_GTR likes this.
  3. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    What happens at finals stays at finals? :speechless::rolleyes::roflmao:
    MINT_GTR and Crunch like this.
  4. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Well it's apparently confirmed the gtr lm for the final rd starting tomorrow.
  5. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    Did they add a track in the last update? I had a theory of Dubai being added.
  6. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    I've heard alot of rumours surrounding the Circuit of the America's being used as the final round. RUMOUR though so don't kill me if i'm wrong ;)
  7. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I'll just go to your house and murder you Beau. You betrayed my trust.

You're currently second in Australia on leaderboards, nice work.
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  8. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    :cry: I'm sorry!!!
    Yeah i love these car's so hoping i'm in for a good result, but expecting to drop down the order soon to those true :alien:'s
  9. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    FWD piece of poo :poop:

Done one lap and already over it! At least the lmp2 was fun!
  10. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    3:26.9 at the moment, best sectors would be a 26.4. The car sure is interesting to drive, I'm enjoying finding the ballance in the slow and high speed corners.

What do you guys think would be the top 10 cutoff?
  11. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
  12. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    RESULTS — Le Mans 24 Hours Test day
    1. (17) Hartley/Berhard/Webber (Porsche, LMP1) 3m21.061s
    18. (23) Pla/Mardenborough/Chilton (Nissan, LMP1) +22.322s

So thats a 3m43sec lap for the first Nissan LMP1... wouldn't even get you gold! :p

Apparently they didn't set any 'real' times though..
    Crunch likes this.
  13. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    they where basically stopped at all the corners, they did set the fastest speed trap times of all though.
  14. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Warning: Angry rant below!

Tonight alone, I've racked up 600km just trying to get a lap in. I only have one, and that was set within the first hour. Since then, it's been a huge struggle. There is nothing more frustrating than being withing a second of Warrior's lap time heading into the Ford Chicanes only to be disqualified for the hitting the kerb which apparently resulted in me hitting the cones. These cones can go straight to hell. Not just the cones, the track "limits" are borderline sadistic. How can the exit of the Mulsanne chicane(s) limits be justified when it's the freakin racing line?!? Even on laps where I'm not even pushing, I'm still getting invalidated! You can't even put a wheel on the kerb on the exit of the left hander after Indianapolis. What a joke.

So the track is rooted, now the car. Why does PD insist on placing incredibly awful suspension settings in each round? Why must they make the cars feel utterly atrocious and random to drive? This final round is certainly not an exception to this. In fact, even taking into account the in game FF drivetrain, I was not expecting it to handle anywhere near as badly as this. Fast corners are fine, but getting it through the slow parts is mind boggling. There is no way a real racer would drive this out on a sight lap and think "yes, this is nice." No, they'd drive that thing straight back to the pits or radio in and say that it feels broken!

What is truly insulting however, is that when you tweak the suspension once you're gifted it, the car is an absoulte weapon, and the drop in lap times speak for themselves. I'm now 100% certain that they do not apply these tunes by accident. What they've given us is suspension so stiff it's almost undriveable. I'm seriously concerned that this TT is going to break my G27, even on low FFB. It's impossible to have any sort of consistency with a car in this state. I thought the Peugeot seasonal was poor, with it's awful brakes. But this one blows it out of the water.

I was looking forward to this seasonal so much, I couldn't wait to drive this car around Le Mans with the potential it could take me to the Nationals. But after tonight, I'm thoroughly disappointed and confused. In fact for me GTA 2015 has been a huge let down from Round 1, with the LMP2 being a relative exception to the staggeringly poor tunes. I can't see myself getting inside the top ten as the times will continue to improve as these 2 weeks go on. So full credit to Warrior, Matt, Beau and so on for being able to maximise what they can get out of the car. There's still 13 days to go and I will give it everything to make it into the nationals, giving up is not an option. But it looks like Clevo's bags of cement will need to become truckloads, and delivered fast!
    Viperzed likes this.
  15. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I like the FFB it makes the G27 finally wake up, the g27 is basically non existent in every other car.

I got a lap down but really not happy with the last sector If i can get that sorted im looking at an easy 27s off that alone, ill try a bit more during the week but i will assume the cutoff for 10th in australia will be low to mid 26s

@warrior2167 epic time, but there is massive time loss at Tertre Rouge you lost about .4 of a second on that alone.

This is such a difficult car to get the best out of as the throttle helps it turn, and I doubt the times will be as close as they where in the GT-R at Spa last year because of it.
  16. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    That's enough cordial for you Jono before you scare the other competitors away
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I am obviously not fast enough for GTA but I do a lap to get the car, and it is crap to drive. even on lowest FFB the wheel wants to jump out the window. Good luck to the quick guys!!
  18. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Yeah I'm not carrying enough speed through it. I'll persist with tc on 1 again tonight trying to get a mid 26 before I got for with it off.

@N64TheStig007 I agree the track limits are overkill but you will eventually get used to them.
  19. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I've been able to confirm that you don't actually have to hit the cones for it to register as a "collision". The worst example is of course Tertre Rouge.
  20. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    Ok so this car is just plan terrible!!!! Plus the wheel settings go haywire with it.

My best is 3:34.9 .... I don't really know the track so that doesn't make it easy either. I'll have another shot towards the end as I'm busy with other stuff. I would like to stay in the top 250 as a goal.

Good luck to all that get into the top 10.