AC Assetto Corsa - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Apr 24, 2013.

1. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Nice one Anon.
    What bitrate did you record these at?

Also what graphics card are you running?
  2. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I'm running 8.1 Col. But I am using a Thrustmaster wheel. Think you and AJ may have to get together and sort the drivers out, bit over my head.
  3. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    NFI x 2.

Will look when I get home.
  4. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Well, I have bit the bullet and purchased Assetto Corsa, now I just need to update my pc a little and I'm good to go
  5. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    congrats mate
  6. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Good one Peter.
    What specs does your PC have currently?
  7. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    what specks are you running Doogledave
  8. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    Running windows 7, 4gb Ram, Athlon II x2 255 Processor 3.10 GHZ, HD3400 series radeon graphics card.
    Logitech DFGT Wheel and Pedals
    I know I need to upgrade my graphics card and I want to put 8gb ram in (that all my MB will take)
  9. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    I'd save my money and leave it at 4GB RAM Peter - moving up to 8GB won't give you much (if any) extra gaming performance. Most definitely need to upgrade the graphics card.

Do you know what size power supply you have in your PC (and if it has a 6pin power connector for a graphics card)?
    If it is an OEM computer (as in a branded name PC from HP, Compaq, Dell etc then it will likely be a standard 300Watt PSU and it wont have the 6pin connector).
    If this is the case you have two options:
    - buy a better PSU which will have the 6pin connector (and will then allow you to run any graphics card, OR
    - continue using the PSU you have but buy a graphics card that is only powered by the PCIe port (of which the nVidia GTX750 Ti is your best option - this is the option I chose to follow and is working just fine at present).

It all comes down to the power supply you have. If you plan on spending some decent money on a very good graphics card you will need min of 500-600W PSU to run it....where the GTX750Ti will run straight from the PCIe port and can be used with systems that only have a 300W PSU.

Your CPU is a little underpowered but the graphics card does most of the work so you will find a marked improvement just stepping up to a decent graphics card. To upgrade your CPU you can look to find an older AM3 socket CPU but that will likely be on eBay or something. The modern AMD CPU's are AM3+ (which unfortunately cannot be used in a AM3 socket (needs to be a AM3+ socket motherboard), so if you looked to upgrade the CPu you'd also be considering an entirely new build.
    Peter Wise likes this.
  10. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    I'm really poor on the PC side of things, if I find a processor and graphics card that suits my (Quite old) motherboard, I don't need to replace the mother board, RAM, Harddrive etc. do I? And it wont wipe my PC in doing so when i replace just the processor and Graphics card will it?
    Sorry, this is a real derpy question, i've always been satisfied to the point of not needing to upgrade my PC as it runs AC on low at a good framerate, but wouldn't mind a bi better performance haha
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  11. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    Thanks for the info @DoogleDave. I replaced my psu a couple of years ago so I now have a 700w one. I have been looking on ebay at cpu's that are compatible with my motherboard to give a bit more oomph and they seem reasonably priced.
  12. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    @Anon666
    Nice vid Anon, Ive been trying to make a vid of the C6.r races we've been having, but I suck at video editing etc, so I'll leave it to the experts. Mate try Camtasia 8, I have one of those free community editions you can get from P-Bay its has a very small footprint, FRAPS is a memory monster and creates massive save files from what I hear, never tried it. Agreed the Porsche is awesome to drive isn't it, I have v0.6 of the mod, might do something naughty with a PM to everyone :sneaky: ;). I feel a Porsche cup coming on, maybe the 1st league series :D.

@Peter Wise
    Hiya mate welcome to our little neck of the AC world, great to have you join us, AC will run fine with 4gig but 8 is obviously better, the card will definitely need an upgrade though here are the games minimal and recommended specs
    Minimum
    Processor: AMD Athlon X2 2.8 GHZ, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ
    Memory: 2 GB RAM
    Graphics: DirectX 10.1 (AMD Radeon HD 6450, Nvidia GeForce GT 460)
    DirectX: Version 11
    Network: Broadband Internet connection
    Hard Drive: 15 GB available space
    Sound Card: Integrated

Recommended
    Processor: AMD Six-Core CPU, Intel Quad-Core CPU
    Memory: 6 GB RAM
    Graphics: DirectX 11 (AMD Radeon HD 7870, Nvidia GeForce GTX 660)
    DirectX: Version 11
    Network: Broadband Internet connection
    Hard Drive: 30 GB available space
    Sound Card: Integrated
  13. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Well decided to make the purchase, although probably wont load this until after I do my certifications at work..
    Tovey_4saken and AJ.Scott like this.
  14. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    If your CPU is up to the job ATM just go for a new graphics card, no point spending more than necessary :thumbsup:
    EDIT: just changing the graphics and CPU will not alter your PC's ability to run and you won't lose any data mate, what CPU are you currently running?

Cheers
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
    Randm90 likes this.
  15. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    @Tovey_4saken server is back online if ya wanna set it up again :D
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  16. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    just log onto it now :D i'll get onto it :thumbsup:
  17. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    server is up and ready for tonight :thumbsup: again
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  18. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Got an appointment at the duck pond (Doctors=Quacks, Medical Centre=Duck Pond) :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
    But I'll be on for some practice a bit later this arvo :thumbsup:
    Cheers
    Peter Wise and Tovey_4saken like this.
  19. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    no you wont lose anything from changing the CPU and GPU easiest way to find what you need is google your specs and see what other people have done.Then go hunting for bargains be careful with ebay though sometimes DOA's are common and you can not get cash back.Us being vic blokes we have thousands of pc swap meet's and cheap computer shop's to easily find what you're after :thumbsup:
    Randm90 likes this.
  20. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    I can't remember what I'm running atm. It's a Intel Pentium Dual Core at 3.07GHz i believe, and a Nvidia 240GT, Processor gets the job done, graphics card needs improvment, i'll let you know when i'm home though! But thanks heaps!!