GT6 BRONZE HTO SUPER GT SERIES SEASON III

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by VARDZ, Jun 2, 2015.

1. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    I was in a Z :ninja:
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Sorry Bob, I was looking at the wrong image.
    B-Spec Bob likes this.
  3. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

I've already run at Tsukuba in the warm up races last week with 467hp due to needing an oil change and was still setting fastest laps, luckily it's a small track!

Great race to all last night looks like there were some hard fought battles out there, my race was very boring as I lead start to finish. Pushed the car for the first 3laps and got myself a bit of a gap then just cruised and saved my tyres while still pulling away a few tenths every lap, managed to get 36mins off my first set off tyres which put me in prime position to finish the race still doing 1:05s. Looking forward to next week being detuned as it will put me right with the pack and I will be battling hard:thumbsup:
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
    Ad2mny likes this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    #Konnor4silver
    Konnor McCluskey likes this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  6. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    #KonnerOffTheChart
    Konnor McCluskey likes this.
  7. Konnor McCluskey

I'd love to :thumbsup:
  8. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    BHP LEVELS FOR ROUND 2 @TSUKUBA
    [​IMG]
    garyw61 likes this.
  9. Konnor McCluskey

Love it!!
  10. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    Geez Bob! I thought you had me coz the 'Z' was so good out of corners and on the straight once it wound up...was an awesome battle mate!

First HTO Series race for me. We spent quali time celebrating the intricacies and wonders of Aussie internet/PD server relations, but once we got going I quali'd poorly in 9th (takes me a few laps to hit peak Adronaughtness), but got through the first corner unscathed so ticked that box.
    From approximately Laps 5 to 25 I was engaged in a massive battle with @Ad2mny and @SPL-Racing which I found most enjoyable and very hard work! Pulled away and was working on catching Bob (@l33793360 to his friends) whilst thinking pit/fuel strategy over. Waited for Bob to pit so I could go for the 'overcut' (lol, works every time)...also had done no 'strategy' practice at all so I went for lucky '13' on the fuel intake...
    Came out of the pits 5 metres closer to Bob I'm sure, thus vindicating my use of the 'overcut', and put my head down to try and catch him. It took a few laps to get close enough to have a go at him, but due to the cars having different strengths I reckon Bob and I raced the last 25 laps either side by side, bumper to bumper, or placing the car strategically on corner entry/exit...there were very few moments left to breathe calmly or to ponder the wonders of the universe, "know what I'm sayin...zing!"
    At around 8 mins to go I realised I was running out of fuel (the needle was just entering the red zone)...I puckered up a bit, held back the tears, and tried to save fuel where I could (rolling up to corners, short shifting @ 8000 rpm, and letting Bob go past where he was faster). I swear it was only the fuel saving that bought me the distance because as I rolled over the line with 0:00 secs to go, and Bob up my clacker, my heart sank as the 'final lap' msg flashed up...("wadda ya mean one more effing lap?" exclaimed the little crane driver that lives in my head), so, head down and flat to the boards come what may...
    I made it out the hairpin with one millimetre of fuel left (and Bob still up my jaxy) and held it all to the floor...the torque of the 'Z' was devastating and I could clearly see Bob gaining, so halfway to the line I feigned a cheeky little F1 style 'are you sure' flick to the right (just because, and out of sheer desperation...geez!)...I don't think it impeded either of us, it was more a last gasp/giggle/doff of the cap due to the ferocity of said battle with Bob.
    So, hats off Bob! Possibly one of the best sustained driving battles I've ever taken part in...thank you and well done mate!
    Congrats and well done to @SickSkills011 for pole/fastest lap and the win. Well done @Hatfield on 2nd place, and thanks to Hat and @garyw61 for sharing hosting difficulties/posting results.
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  11. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  13. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Guys ....please be aware that the link to go to the weather conditions at Tsukuba is a link to day 5 which means it will give you the conditions 5 days from the current day so please look at Sunday for the correct conditions.
  14. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Hmm, 30 degrees. I am gonna have to turn up the heating in my house!
    Adronaught likes this.
  15. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Epic. The first half anyway. Qualifying went as I expected, poorly. 8th was the best I could muster with hardly any heat in the tyres. @Blue XR8 was glitching slightly and wanted to be in the same spot as @Blindman but the game said let me think about it and just wobbled the two around. @garyw61 ran wide putting two wheels on the grass exiting turn 1 and I moved up to 7th, but my compulsory lift in the fast chicane let him back past. Up ahead bluexr8 seemed to hit an invisible wall at the double rights before the first tunnel and fell way back in last place. On the straight for the first time to start lap 2 and Supra power kicked in, opening the gap back to @Adronaught and closing on gary, @Blindman and @SPL Racing. Blindman squeezed inside SPL at the double rights before the tunnel. Some light contact from gary had SPL fishtailing and gary hard on his anchors as I sailed on through.

Lap 3, 5th place and I now had my sights on blindman. He runs wide at the double rights before the tunnel and I'm on him in a flash. Lap 4 I drafted by and turned in to turn1. but the GTR pulled back ahead with its superior grip, holding the tighter line. I grunted out of the fast chicane and come alongside, trying to hold the outside but no good. Lap 5 and I once again drafted past only to be outgripped into the chciane. Lap 7, another run at blindman, and now i manage to hold onto 4th for a bit at least. I was now leading a 4 car freight train but blindman ran wide again at the double rights before the tunnel and this time spun out, dropping to 9th. What followed for the next 15 or so laps was some of the most intense driving I have ever had at ROOZ. SPL and adro in their screaming HSV's in full attack mode as I defended for my life to maintain 4th. The tyre wear got to the supra in the end, being unable to hold the corner speeds needed to keep them at bay. SPL had the better run from the long left out the tunnel to the final hairpin, but I then grunted up the hill and pulled the gap back out to turn 1. Lap 12 SPL managed to get by on the downhill run to the final hairpin, but I drafted back past on the straight. At the double rights on lap 13 he runs wide allowing adro up to take over the attack. Lap 20, my tyres were crying enough! Just calm down will you!? But I couldn't, they were still right there waiting to pounce. Lap 21, 2 wheels on the wrong side of the ripple strip exiting turn 1 was all it took for adro to sneak by, and then an almost exact replica move as I bounced off the ripples exiting turn 1 saw SPL slide by and put me in 6th. Without me holding them up in the turns they opened a small gap over the next 2 laps then the gap stayed constant at about 2 secs between each car. I saw @B-Spec Bob slowly dropping back towards us but was still way out of my reach.

I pulled in the pits start of lap 27, fronts on 3/5 and put 25 litres in just in case. I came back out in 9th with Gary, blindman and bluexr8 still to stop. Bluexr8 and Gary stopped next lap, then blindman the lap after. Bob, adro and SPL were about 5-6 secs up ahead and try as I may I could not close the gap. It sometimes looked like I'd close slightly on SPL but it would just open up again. It was hard work maintaining the gap but also very frustrating and a little boring running pretty much by myself. A glimmer of hope on lap 49 with 6 mins left on the clock as up ahead SPL RAN WIDE EXITING TURN 1, and was now right in front. I drafted pastor the front straight but with 5/5 on the front I had to brake early, and being on the inside my line was messed up, I ran across the ripples on the apex with 2 wheels on the grass then shot across to the outside of the track. I tried to hold the slide in the grass but had to slow so much that by the time I had saved it I was at a crawl. Gary was closing fast as I built up speed again and I could see he was gonna be right on me at the fast chicane with me still not up to racing speed and with dirty tyres so I slowed to let him by to avoid a pointless arm wrestle that would only end in one of us spinning out again. Now I was back up to speed with Gary just a few secs ahead and blindman driving like a madman to make up for his early mistakes.

Lap 52 with just over 2mins left blindman barged his way past out of turn 1 and set off after Gary. I had no tyres left to fight back so I watched in dismay as 7th was taken from me. I watched up ahead over the next lap as Gary and blindman battled it out for 6th, quietly hoping they'd take each other out to give me back my 6th place, but it wasn't to be, as they ran the final half of lap 53 side by side. Blindman made the move stick exiting turn 2 as the counter hit 00:00:00. I was watching it intently as my left front had just dropped to 3 and I was really starting to struggle to get turned in. We passed bluexr8 on the downhill run to the final hairpin who was in limp mode out of fuel and as we crossed the line to start lap 56 it finally said it was the final lap. As I came to the fast chicane, blindman was falling backwards and I realised he must have just run out of petrol! What a bugger so close to the finish.

7th place will have to do this round. Starting the final lap I noticed a blue arrow approaching quickly, only just avoiding getting lapped by Konnor in the end. Awesome battle in the first stint. Great to watch on the replay too. The longest closest battle I've had since...ever. The closest I can compare it to was the reverse grid race at trial mountain in the mini's, and that didn't last half that long. Well done Konnor, Hat and adro.
    Blindman, Adronaught, garyw61 and 3 others like this.
  16. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Yeah that was one of the longest and most fun battles i've had so far at ROOZ. Great driving and defending your position to keep us behind for so long. The replay was a cracker to watch!
  17. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
  18. Konnor McCluskey

Whaaaaaaaat???!!!! I've been practicing dry lol all good wet weather is my specialty :):thumbsup:
  19. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Tricky night tonight.
    Had issues where @Blindman couldn't see @garyw61 or @Blue XR8 & @NAACS & gary couldn't see blue.
    It made life difficult off the start as blue led blindman but was tapped offline.
    Q1 went to @Watto64 but he unfortunately dsc
    Q2 went to blue.
    I got a great start but ran wide at the second hairpin on the grass and luckily didn't spin but undid my good start.
    It started raining around 20mins in but the track wetness stayed at 0 until the final couple mins.
    Went well with the 1 stop to finish 4th protest pending.
    Blindman and SPL Racing like this.