GT6 BRONZE HTO SUPER GT SERIES SEASON III

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by VARDZ, Jun 2, 2015.

1. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Was chasing down @Ad2mny for 3rd or 4th until he ran a little wide in the last corner and I thought I'd do one better and completely miss my braking point... Turned a 1 stopper into 2 when the auto pit procedure couldn't turn in on the worn tyres and spat me out... Tried to chase down the pack of actual 2 stoppers but was caught out when the track started to get slippery near the end... probably spun more times than I did in the Spa 3 hours where it was actually 100% wet :poop:
    Blindman, Ad2mny and Adronaught like this.
  2. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    I started out fighting flu onset and weariness, and despite intending to give it a good rip, I had a shocker! Quali'd 10th which was odd coz I ran a 51.041 in warm up, just couldn't touch it...
    Got an average start, and missed following @NAACS through the hole so ended up getting stuck behind EVERYONE! I just didn't have any grunt to pass coming out of corners, and when I tried my late brakers they turned into bumps as the corners were covered off. It frustrated the f#*k out of me...and I destroyed my fronts in 15 mins. I had to pit, and it's got me buggered how most of the field managed to go for half an hour on RS tyres (last week was reverse...my tyres were outlasting most other drivers...eh, go figure?).
    Anyways, soldiered on, you never know with these things...rejoined +50 secs to the leaders and made up 10 secs in no time, which offered me some relief, but being out of sequence I knew it was going to be dicey. When most folks started pitting I was elevated to 5th on the track I think, but I knew there'd be more pain to endure when I pitted again.
    After a spin chasing the front end I lost more than anything I'd gained, and then some...I tried to hang onto my tyres until 20 mins to go but fell about 2 mins short and pitted again...this was when it all went to poo, as I had nothing to lose and decided to take a gamble on Inters as it had been raing for a while...rain stayed light but steady and offered no encouragement for my tyre choice. After a few futile laps I had to pit again!!!
    I tried cracking on but my rhythm was gone and for some reason I couldn't stay on the track to save myself (I commonly use a euphemism involving a stick and my alimentary canal, but I'll go easy coz some of you might be eating...lol!) so sadly, I settled on last place and just tried to cruise to the end of the race. You'd think that a relatively easy task yes? No! 2 more spins meant I'd dropped to +2 laps, and in the closing stages +3laps. I think I'd just gotten so underwhelmed with my performance that I lost all interest in the race and spent the remaining laps getting out of people's way as best I could. I dunno about you blokes but I was lucky to be lapping in 55's at the end...I was completely disgusted with my whole effort! Oh, and I forgot I clouted @Hatfield when he ran wide at T5 before the bridge, so throw a 'redress' in there as well.
    All in all I had a very crappy race deriving no pleasure whatsoever, BUT, sun comes up tomorrow...and I reckon I'll put more effort into practice for next week...I know I will, lol!
    Well done @BlindManRacing, @BlueXR8 and @SickSkillz011 for win and podium places, and well done to @McCracken on first pole. I don't remember who poled second or got fastest race lap sorry.
    Also thanks to @garyw61 and Hat for wrangling another internet afflicted hostest with the mostest.
    I really missed my 9bhp, but in hindsight I don't think it would've made much difference for me this evening...I drove like a f#*ktard! (Can I say that on here?). Eh, them's the breaks though, so looking forward to next race. Cheers fellas.
  3. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

Well, what could have been.
    I was stoked to qually P1 in Q1 and P3 in Q2.
    Knowing that Blindman and Blue (front row) couldn't see each other, I was expecting anything into T1 but I got a great start and slotted in behind Blue at T1. I chased Blue for a couple of laps then took my opportunity at T1 when Blue went in a little hot and ran wide.
    Now into the lead, I was slowly pulling a lead to about 1.5 seconds and then the internet gods shat on me again with a DSC.
    I had my own Todd Kelly moment at home. (Wife not happy)
    Well done to Blindman, BlueXR8 and Sickskills on the podium.
    Silver lining - At least I'll have full HP at Fuji, time to start practicing.
  4. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Does anyone have lap times??
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    [​IMG]
    McCracken_27 - 0:50.581
    emmo46 likes this.
  6. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks Hat, good turn out with 11 drivers.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    The protest has been withdrawn so results will stand
  8. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Starting off the line in 3rd gear was a good sign that I wasn't in for a fun night, I fell straight to the back an that's where I stayed. When I noticed a couple of guys go in early for a 2 stopper I decided to press on as the rain had just started and I was hoping to stretch the tyres until I needed inters. But the track stayed dry and I pitted at the half way mark. I spent the last half of the race trying to stay out of people's way. Congrats to Blindman on a great drive, commiserations to Adro who seemed to have a worse night than I did.
    Adronaught likes this.
  9. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    nice to get a win last night I had only done approx 20 laps in this car and track so I was surprised to be on the front row . Well done to Bryan for pole ! I didn't realise how slippery the start would be with too much wheel spin off the line and mc craken went straight past me into the lead .i couldn't see Bryan and there might of been a touch some one else could let me know if that was the case . Sorry Bryan if this happened ! Mc craken was driving away ever so slightly in the damp conditions with me I 2nd I think as the track started to dry I seemed to be pulling back a tenth or two too mc craken as his name above his car was slowly coming clearer then all of a sudden he disappeared of the screen DSC sorry mate I think you would of taken that one . I slowly kept pulling a slight gap every lap til about a 12 second lead .so I thought I might start and drive to conserve after 1 lap I thought :):):):) what about Bryan is he in front or behind me so back on the gas I pitted about 28 mins to go and put in 10 litres just in case as last week I ran out of fuel with 1/2 a lap to go and started to push again catching and passing a few back markers who let me through nice and cleanly thanks guys great racing .so head down to the finish line wasn't sure we're I finished 1st or 2nd so had to get confirmation . Great race guys by all .
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  11. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
  12. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

Looks like another race of racing my arse of again with a gutless car :eek:
  13. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    The HSV's have had there "tracks" time for the Supra to stretch its legs
  14. Konnor McCluskey

Hmmmm..... Apart from that long straight the HSVs will dominate again hehe
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  15. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    maybe a slight adjust to the BoP may be need if you so confident :mad:
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    lol but only to his car...seems like a few raybrig guys are a div too low ;)
  17. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  18. Konnor McCluskey

Hey I'd love to be up a div but because the Lexus didn't agree with me I'm still in this div haha
  19. Konnor McCluskey

Bring it on :thumbsup:
  20. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Hi guys
    I wont be on track tonight. Just had a call and I am going to have to be else where.
    Going from a lazy Sunday to chaos in 5 4 3 2 1
    Konnor McCluskey likes this.