GT6 BRONZE HTO SUPER GT SERIES SEASON III

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by VARDZ, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

Unlucky mate! Will see you at the enduro:thumbsup:
  2. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I am out of this guys. Too many connection issues, and I suspect I may be contributing to them, but I have no idea why.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Well to start the night we got our 10 in the room and finished qually @Konnor McCluskey got Q1 & Q2.
    Then a random enters and won't leave to have to kick.
    Try something to retain place on grid but it doesn't work... no worries quick reset and line up...but 3 drop out and then we can't see each other when we return...many rooms and a @garyw61 & @Blue XR8 later we get started.
    Sorry blue, we thought you left when you went offline and we waited for a while. Next time, let us know if you are resetting.

Off the start sickskillz had massive lag (we later found out he got held at the start for a bit) and clobbered a few at first corner.
    After that it seemed most had a little spin here or there.
    Got to the pitstops in 3rd behind @Watto64 & @B-Spec Bob and came out the same.
    Closed the gab to bob as sick caught me. Got past bob and then he was fighting with sick which allowed me to pull away and @Blindman to catch them.
    I finished a happy second.
  4. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Absolutely hammered by Konnor in the first lap with lag. Then again on the main straight lap 3 as he warped from last to 2 places ahead of me. After that the car didn't seem right. Just didn't seem to want to turn properly, and I struggled just to get a 31 with some draft. Noticed Adro have a few lag skips and then he warped up to the rear of Konnor. Blindman caught me soon after as I struggled and then as he passed me warped a few car lengths ahead. Front tyres hit 5 at 35 min mark so pitted and put meds on the front in the hope I would catch people in the final stages but at 20 mins to go people started disappearing off the list on the side then got booted off psn.

Disappointing.
    Adronaught likes this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    [​IMG]
    Ad2mny - 1:31.417
    Adronaught and emmo46 like this.
  6. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  7. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

Well I honestly have no words for that bloody race, got out to the back even though I was on poll and I thought that was bad until I got held at the start for 10secs while you guys were already in the first corner before I started. I'm sorry to everyone if I ruined your race and sorry for all the hitting when I was charging back through the field as I was a very angry person and very tired as it was after midnight. That lag has never happened to me before and I hope it doesn't happen again. Well done to all and once again I was very sorry. Also quite angry about the amount of people running wide of the track and then rejoining with dirty tyres rights in front of me and being absolutely all over the track, there's just no need for that sorta stuff
    Ad2mny, Adronaught and SPL Racing like this.
  8. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I was pretty happy to make it through to Q2 again last night starting on the second row of the grid, an hour later we finally managed to get underway. Watching the replay, Konner was held at the line but went from 0-100 in about a second warping up to the pack and contact was un-avoidable. Hat and Watto got of the line fairly slow but Bob nailed it and drove straight through the lot of us. After the first corner shenanigans Bob and i broke away and had a good battle for a few laps.
    I had a few cracks at him trying to get by as i could see Watto catching us quickly but just could make it stick and could compete with the straight line power of the Z.

At the end of lap 6 Watto was drafting me down the main straight and just as he went to pull out my headphones went dead and my car dropped from 5th to 1st causing him to slam into the back of me (Sorry about that mate) it only took a lap for him to catch back up and i tried to give him and easy pass into turn 1 to make amends. As the laps went by i was chewing my tyres trying to keep up with the pack.

I pitted early and made up some time on the guys ahead but i just didn't have the consistency to keep running good laps and maintain my position. Then with about 15 mins to go Bindman passed me on the inside at turn 1, he gave me plenty of room but i got lag punted way off track and into the sand, once i got back on track Adro could smell blood and was after me. I held the gap for a while but on the final lap i made a mistake and spun (You didn't touch me Adro, you were right on my arse but it was all my doing) I appreciate you slowing down as you weren't sure if you made contact or not but it was all good. And that left me stone motherless last :( But at leat i got to race unlike Gaz and Xr8, bad luck boys.
    Ad2mny and Adronaught like this.
  9. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Adronaught and SPL Racing like this.
  10. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    Flu still in head, I faced up for another crack at HTO Series. We endured more dramas than usual trying to get the internet to cooperate...it was a bastard! Could it be solar storms? Little green men? Just plain old crap Aussie Internet? Or should Telstra use the 'high quality' plastic bags to waterproof the cables in service pits? You decide! Lol!
    Quali'd on the back row, as per usual, but once we got rolling I started to feel that old adrenaline rush I've become so addicted to. I survived the first corner lag punt that took a few blokes out, only to spin in the esses on the second lap, undoing my good fortune and placing me kind of back where I started, lol! "Focus Adronaught!" I says to myself.
    I really just sort of trundled around getting used to the track again, managing to smash down a bottle of red on the straights however, so that kept my spirits up (I did sweet FA practice wise because frankly, this is the worst flu/strep throat ailment I reckon I've ever had. I didn't even show up to my usual 'Friday Night Racing' coz I was too sick, so I went pretty much 5 days without even turning a wheel! I know guys, complete heresy!).
    Made it to half way for tyres, and took on fuel because I remembered running low at Midfield (15L just to be sure). I also recall making the odd pass, and being passed a few times, but mostly it panned out to be a fairly lonesome race until the very end when I realised I might catch @SPL-Racing in the final few corners if I didnt crash or run off. When I caught up he held on tenaciously, and given we were the only blokes left down the back we made the most of it with close racing and practicing bump drafting (sorry SPL, it was cheeky but I think you got the idea pretty quick...may as well have a laugh aye). I reckon my smart moves bit me on the bum and I ran real wide somewhere allowing SPL to gap me again, way too close to the finish for comfort. Managed to catch him again and thought I might have spun him when trying to pass so slowed down towards the end of the last lap, just to be sure. SPL pushed me over the line, I guess insinuating that there was no foul involved (which was nice to know...I really don't like punting guys off the track if I can help it), so thanks SPL, you're a good sport mate.
    Was a weird race though, with blokes getting DC'd as the race went on, and I recall getting punted on Lap 26 which was so strange/alarming because I wasn't near anyone on the track at all (racing on my own in fact), but this might be the clash with @SickSkillz011 that @Ad2mny mentions above. So, not my worst race and not my best, but possibly the weirdest! It's a shame the net plays these tricks on us, and I'm not sure if it's technically possible to do with PS3, but I hope PS4/"decent racing game" combo allows us to funnel through our own server(s) somehow, coz I'm thinking that may help somehow...surely!
    With my take on technical wizardry out of the way, I'd like to congratulate @McCracken_27 for the win, and @Hatfield and @BLINDMANRACING for placing on the podium. Also congrats to Sick for Pole in Q1 and Q2. Thanks also to Hat, garyw61, and Sick for hosting, and Hat for posting results. Let's hope the internet is kinder to us next week, and if you could furnish me with best modem/router settings Hat, I'd really appreciate it, coz just as I wore my NBN badge with pride for the first time, it was slightly disappointing to have so many dramas. Anyways, thanks fellas...onward and upward!
    incey, SPL Racing, Ad2mny and 2 others like this.
  11. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
  12. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    UPDATE AS TO THE WEATHER FOR ROUND 4. THE RACE WILL COMMENCE AS IT DOES IN THE REAL WORLD EVENT.... ON SATURDAY AFTERNOON
  13. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Another day in paradise. No go for me.
    I'm over being the rod that people don't have.
  14. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    What's the weather doing/done?
  15. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    100% bone dry and fixed.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Also no naacs or adro tonight
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Not a great night for me. Had to quit qually to kick a random before turning a lap (my bad for forgetting friends only) but managed to get the last spot (4th) to hit Q2...and that's where I stayed.
    Got a good start but came out wrong on turn 1 and lost more spots on the first lap.
    After having some good battles @Watto64 dsc.
    Then the gap back to @Blindman started to drop and I was just in front after the pitstop.
    He got me and then I started to push to get the spot back but had a weird slide (and separately spun blindman and had to wait...sorry). The gap stayed about the same until the end.
    Well done on FL and Q and championship and race win @Konnor McCluskey
    well done @B-Spec Bob and @Ad2mny on podium.
  18. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Was looking to get the jump on the Raybrig HSV up the Kemmel Straight on the first lap, watched @Watto64 make the overtake stick but then he ran wide at Bruxelles and unfortunately clipped my nose on the exit as I followed @Konnor McCluskey down the inside. This racing incident sent us both to the back and I stayed in last for the remainder of the lap to nullify any dis/advantages.
    Spent the next few laps catching up to and working my way through the pack with side by side overtakes on @Blindman and @garyw61 through Blanchimont before setting off after @Ad2mny in 2nd place at the end of lap 5, who was now 7 seconds ahead. The Raybrig was already well over 12 seconds up the road and looked unreachable with the only sub 2:13 FL.
    Slowly caught the lone Supra through the night and could just about touch the rear bumper when he boxed at around 31 minutes. Was surprised to find the tyre wear wasn't too bad and recalled @Bryan_F mentioning a 1 stopper being possible so decided to put that strategy to test. Managed another 6 laps at a reasonably consistent pace before boxing at around half distance and was back chasing down @Ad2mny again for 2nd after @Hatfield stopped the next lap from his brief lead.
    The 6 second deficit to 2nd became a 22 second gap to 3rd when the Supra stopped again just under the hour mark and kept it fairly constant until about 10 minutes to go. With the possibility of having to do an extra lap, I started using higher gears, shifting up early and soon enough started coasting into braking zones as the situation became desperate. Luckily @Konnor McCluskey wasn't fast enough to beat the clock to start a 41st lap and @Ad2mny had found himself in an identical fuel situation so had only caught up by 8 seconds at the finish line.
    Overall a bit of a lonely race after an exciting start but enjoyable nonetheless :cool:
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
    Adronaught and Ad2mny like this.
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    [​IMG]
    dsc McCracken_27 2:14.110
  20. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Spent the first part of the race trying to make my arse as wide as possible, as it was the only way I was gonna get a half decent result. Anyway, after a bit of fun as everyone passed me, I spent most of the race staring at the stars, it was a wonderful clear night at spa. There were a few minutes of brief entertainment as Mr Regan commentated some fun he was having (although the teeth bit didnt sound too good).

Was good to finally have a trouble free room too!

Great series thanks Vardz, thoroughly enjoyed it, and looking forward to the next one.
    B-Spec Bob and Ad2mny like this.