Car discussion for season 6

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2015.

?

Do you want a ROAD CAR or RACE CAR for season 6 ?

Poll closed Apr 12, 2015.
  1. Road car

35 vote(s)
    53.8%
  2. Race car

30 vote(s)
    46.2%
  1. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Yep the Ferrari GTO on normal wear please. Even if the tyres can last the whole race, a mandatory pit with a pit window (say 5 laps in and 5 laps before the end) could work.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Yeah, the normal wear with a forced pit window produced a classic race in Origin last week, non stop action to the very end.
  3. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    If not the GTO '84, the 430 Sucderia isn't too bad either for a Fezza fix.
  4. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Ferrari GTO isn't a good season car IMO. Might be good for one off races, but it doesn't fit well for a season.
    I quite enjoyed the M3, even if it does sound a bit hair dryer-ish. Felt quite good, even on Trial Mountain with it's bumps and jumps. Good front end, turns in pretty well and has decent grip.
    C63 was fun, but good lord do you need to be patient on the throttle...it'll spin you around so quick if you get a touch aggressive with the power.
    Amuse 380RS wasn't too bad, very grippy, feels just like a race car. Could probably have really close racing but if we're trying to go for a road car, it might be best to choose something else. Easy to drive though.
    The Mine's R34 was good, a bit understeery but you get used to it pretty quickly and can adjust accordingly. Bites you if you aren't careful but would be a decent enough season car.
    Lotus 111R handles well but is in the same boat as the Ferrari GTO, you get off throttle and it just wants to turn you around. Would frustrate the hell out of people I think if used for a whole season.

More testing tonight lads? I'm still advocating the FT-1, it's really good and felt great around Trial Mountain which is always a good sign. I'm keen to give the LFA Nurburgring edition a crack, and the Subaru S206.
  5. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I think the LFA is epic but it will need RH for other Divisions.
  6. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    For rear grip or turn in?
  7. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Neither, just general stability, its got excellent turn in i find but it moves around alot.

Im perfectly happy with SS though as once you get the hang of it, you can make it planted just from modulation.

If any car gives me the "fizz" it's definitely the LFA Nurb.

From memory the standard lfa gets too airborne off crests though where as the nurb is a bit more planted with the track kit.
  8. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Ah gotcha. Let's give it a crack tonight then :)
  9. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Ford GT 05
    V12 Vantage 10
    LFA
    SRT viper
    I think We need to be driving something good and not something slow that can't turn and can't stop
    TO BE THE BEST YOU MUST USE THE BEST
    Crunch likes this.
  10. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I tried that Alfa Viper Rebadge thing and it was ok but it understeers at the limit.
  11. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

So very disappointed with the Mine's R34 last night, the Understeer! Felt great at 9/10ths on Nurb.GP-F.
    Ditto the other guys re: 111R & F.GTO, awesome awesome cars until the rears wear, then they're a disaster! I think they'd be liveable on flatter circuits, Fast wear & a compulsory stop.

So many cars to test, and I'm away 'til Sunday night. Still keen to try these in a race-pack:
    C7 'vette
    F430 Scuderia, 599 GTO
    ROCKET (Why only 215km/h top speed? WHY?!)
    GT40 (any version!)
    Aston V12 Vantage
    And I'm not even halfway through the list of cars I bought to test!
  12. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Great Alternative to the Rocket is the Suzuki GSX-R/4, it doesn't have a speed limiter problem and it's closed wheel so wheels won't interlock.

On flat tracks it's just as easy to drive, but doesn't have the understeer at the limit like the rocket.
  13. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Oh and the LFA Nurb. Edition, I thought it was excellent: balance, decent grip, strong engine but not much torque, so it doesn't light up the rears - so lower-Div & controller friendly.
    G1bby3lit3 likes this.
  14. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Sooo many possibilities.
  15. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Pretty much, but with 560hp its still not a walk in the park lol.
  16. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The LFA we used in emmos world tour at Fuji was sweet.
  17. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    With the LFA you would want the Bigger tracks as it's more suited, allthough I liked it at Monaco reminds me of V10 era F1.
  18. G1bby3lit3

G1bby3lit3 Rookie

PSN ID
    G1bby3lit3
    Controller friendly, im a big fan of that!
  19. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Really liked the Mine's skyline. Yes it has understeer, but its a road car for crying out loud. Learn to drive around it and its great. LFA was good but would need RH's to be great. F430 Scuderia is just sublime. That thing just dances on its tyres, sooo controlable when it slides. Which is a rare thing with an MR car in this game. Subaru just felt too slow and breathless up top.
  20. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    M3 gets my vote, ao's and blindmans. Yes the mines is a road ca, goes like a dart in a straight line but turns like the queen Mary. I know boats.