GT6 [Completed] BJH MEMORIAL RACE OF CHAMPIONS season 4

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by t_b_williams, Oct 25, 2014.

1. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Only a 2s gap between blind man and killer? Doesn't seem fair to me blind man would make that up within the first couple of laps. I know boost was run in div 6 that race but the best way would be to probably take an average of killers ranking in all other races and see what kind of time that would yield on the bathurst leaderboard.
  2. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Seems like a fair thing to happen... Even though the repercussions of the night were going to bite at some stage. His average position calculated from the other 6 rounds is 47th which at bathurst was emmo with 2'15'322
  3. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    :thumbsdown:
  4. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    That is exactly what we did. We averaged Div 1a's lap times for every race and calculated the difference between that average and killers for each race. Then averaged the difference over the season to give a fair guess as to the time Killer may have done without the boost affect that they had in Div 6. Then it was as normal, subtracting an improvement % as everyone had applied to their Div, and multiplying that time by 14 laps giving the handicaps.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  5. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Similar thing happened at last season's event where someone (can't remember now who it was) didn't take part in the round that won the track poll. Had to average his lap times against his other Div competitors and work it out that way.
  6. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Well I believe your % improvement is too high then. Bathurst was the 2nd to last race there will be very little improvement compared to if it were a round 1 or 2 race. The 41s to div 1a would require killer to be capable of a 2:13 best. And the 2s to blindman suggests he should go to div 5 next season rather than 2. :roflmao:
  7. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    It's the same tried and tested formula that has been used since Bruce dominated the second ROC, with just slight changes to the Improvement % which is monitored after every ROC.
  8. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Well we'll see. I was just racing with killer and he was mainly doing 17's with a mid to low 16 best. So I'm predicting a lap 1 pass at the chase by blindman with current handicaps.
  9. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    ;)
  10. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Ok. Have had another look as to how killers hypothetical Bathurst lap was worked out. Was using an average x secs a lap slower. But with the length of the Bathurst lap this wasn't acurate. So now it is based on a % of a lap slower, netting a hypothetical season laptime of 2:15.322.
    See OP for updated provisional handicaps.
  11. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    All entries have now been confirmed. Had a slight issue with the ROR last night with Regulations not being totally clear, resulting in two Invites being sent out. One for the outright winner and one for the second place driver who did follow the "right" regulations. The winner did not break the rules though, as they were not disclosed clear enough.
    This still leaves one spot in the room for someone to live stream it for the rest of the Rooz family to watch if they want to. @Beau_Albert ??

Working on the Handicap adjustments now.
  12. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    @Killercarlcox69 @Bryan_F @aussief1 @Blindman @AOCleaner74 @flashfirst @N64TheStig007 @Beau_Albert @razor4797 @COME_AND_GET_ME7 @MINT_GTR @R0T0R-AU86 @GTP_DHolland @warrior2167
    Final grid positions and handicaps have been posted in the OP. Please ensure you are aware of your starting position and the handicap you have been given. Killercarlcox will start as soon as the race starts, everyone else needs to stay on the grid until the race clock gets to their handicap. Meaning the Div 1a boys will not be able to move until the race clock reads 53 secs.
    If anyone is unsure about the handicaps then PLEASE, put your hand up and ask.
    See you all on track guys.
    JonoStan96 and aussief1 like this.
  13. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    @R0T0R-AU86
    You ok to host mate? You probably have one of the most stable hosting capabilities on the grid.
    R0T0R-AU86 likes this.
  14. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    When you refer to the race clock, are you referring to the current lap time (labeled 7 in the pic) or "Total Time" (labeled 10)?

[​IMG]
  15. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Total time (label 10)
    aussief1 and REVO_Bryan like this.
  16. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Also guys, please ensure you have EVERYONE on your friends list and have restarted your system after accepting / becoming friends with someone. Less drama on the night the better.
  17. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    sure can!
    t_b_williams likes this.
  18. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Awesome this should be epic, as usual don't panic if im not online until 8ish, i have another league which usually wraps up around 7:50, i should still easily make the 8:30 cutoff if all goes smoothly
  19. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    PD being the useless people they are, chances are we will run into a few issues, but will aim for an 8:30 AEDST race start.
  20. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Getting pumped for tonight! Suffered a few issues when I was practicing with Dan, but man, if he, Mint and the others are consistantly running high 2:09's, we're in trouble!