GT6 [Completed] BJH MEMORIAL RACE OF CHAMPIONS season 4

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by t_b_williams, Oct 25, 2014.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Well done Jono and Razor, did the GRT proud, also well done to AO for upholding Div 4 honors with a splendid podium.
  2. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    Sorry mint for the lag punt. Should have pulled out of the race before commencing but I wasn't aware that it was at my end where the problem lied until after I disconnected lap 1. Congrats to snes for the victory and mint for a pearler of a fastest lap.
    MINT_GTR and JonoStan96 like this.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Cheers Netherlands
  4. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    A massive congratulations to Jono on the win.....I know how much that means to you for not only Bruce but also after the bad luck cloud that has seem to chase you for the last couple of seasons.....:thumbsup: Big ups to razor as well for almost collecting a 2nd ROC title and AO on a cracker drive, watch out div 3s next season:)

Defending my title isn't something I had even considered but after what happened at Bathurst this season, I was keen to make amends....leading the div1a alien train was a plus but being sent into the kitty litter at turn 1 lap 1 was not!? (Thanks dan for the apology, wasn't your fault mate, it was bugger to see you disconnect as well)
    After regathering and losing sight of the alien train, i figured it was all over but hell I love this track so let's just have some fun and see what happens.....after some really consistent laps, i reconnected onto the div1a train. From then on, it was epic fun, as the train drove through the pack I have no doubt the guys we were passing were feeling quite dejected though as they didn't just lose 1 spot but 3 in quick succession...I was hoping a couple could tag along but not to be!! Warrior opened a small door which I closed and then there was Rotor but he has a fat ass so I new it was all over :p Great fun lads, well done to all the champions in S4 :thumbsup:
    AOCleaner74 and JonoStan96 like this.
  5. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    RE alien train
    I was watching you guys coming up on me at warpspeed , I pulled over to let the train past and touch the grass at skyline and spun back at you and just clipped you mint Sorry but is did not phase you one bit .
    It was hard knowing I had 12 quicker guys coming at me but a good experience anyway
    Well done to all;)
  6. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    After you thank your team, family and sponsors @N64TheStig007, don't forget to thank me for helping you in the race. Not only did I wipe myself out of contention, but @aussief1 as well. Killing two birds with one stone, you could say. ;)
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    It certainly helped out a lot!

Hmmm... I think @Beau_Albert could have a bit of fun with that!
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  8. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    First of all I would like to thank everyone with the graticious words said about me, not just for this race, but since I started. I feel I am steadily improving, and competing in races like this i feel it is only making me a better driver:)
    Big congrats to Jono and Razor, I knew from the start you guys would be the ones to beat once all the handicaps were released, I was just pleased to finish so close behind you both. ( with 2 laps to go when u guys were right together I was dreaming that u would both get into a tangle, but I should know better with the quality driving standards I have seen in Rooz, not only in the lower classes and especially not in the higher divs!)
    Hopefully I can have another 'cracker' season next year and compete with you all again:thumbsup:
    emmo46, MINT_GTR and JonoStan96 like this.
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    You had a great drive mate, if either of us had one slip up in those last few laps you'd have won for sure. I have no doubt you'll be in ROC 6!
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  10. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    As Mark Webber said ( with some slight alterations ) 'not bad for a Div 4 driver'!:D
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  11. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    I am confused on how that came about but you are open to your own opinion. As I don't have the replay, I cannot comment on what happened but i know I would rather earn a position than be gifted one by any fellow driver, any day of the week!!! But that comes with racing as I know I have given my fair share of "gifting" over the time I have been here. So i apologise that you felt you had to back off to let us through and in doing so, led to a major off excursion as that was not my or our (alien train) intention at all. Well done on a stellar effort in your first season here and look forward to future ROC battles with you :)
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
    aussief1 and JonoStan96 like this.
  12. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Well done jono, nicely done mate. Thanks tb for organising this race and thanks everyone for such a fun race.

I didn't drive the car since the last round of the series and hadn't driven it in the dry for 3 weeks, so I had I lost some form with the car, it took me about 7 laps and 3rd lap into the race to start finding those 1 percenters again. Had I been able to get by rotor I may have got on the podium, but he was driving to well, not making any errors despite my all over his bumper.

When Mint caught us both, that began some of the most fun laps I've had where we racing so closely and very cleanly, not making any contact, cheers guys. When the 3 of us were coming up to another car, the slower than normal corner speed caught me out, I lost the rear giving Mint a run up to the cutting. Last 4 laps gave it everything I had but there was no way past and had to settle for 7th.
  13. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    For a car and track combo that just doesn't work well with me and struggling with speed, I had a hole lot of fun keeping the two super aliens behind me! :) I knew all I had to do was get a good exit out of every corner, not worry too much about whats filling up mirrors and just place the car when I needed to... After letting Warrior past so easily on trail mtn in the MX5 I thought time to redeem and stamp my defensive driving!!! :D It worked! Until I had a moment at the top of skyline sliding the car sideways, I thought I was gone, MINT thought I was gone, and Warrior thought his gonnnneee! Nope! haha Sorry lads, I gained control and powered through it and managed to keep it on the track, making MINT run up the back of Warrior! :S It gave me some space and bid a few more laps... Until I saw MINT up the inside of heading into T3... For some reason alittle bit of poo came out and thought I was in trouble... However it gave me even more reason to stay in front! All three of us where still doing 11s and kept the alien train going! MINT had a few goes, however couldn't capitalize a move! I was being a pain in the ass! :D I have to say that race was a hole lot of fun, and as much as I didn't want it to end I also did at the same time! :D Thanks lads for the good clean racing! I don't think I even got touched once by either of you? :)
    warrior2167 likes this.