GT6 [Completed] BJH MEMORIAL RACE OF CHAMPIONS season 4

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by t_b_williams, Oct 25, 2014.

1. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    That is what their handicap times were. should be good fun.
  2. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Im racing but i could still attempt a live stream but quality is ehh :/
  3. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Will put a call out in the shoutbox and see if anyone else is able and willing to do it.
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Got a searing headache but let's do this! Time to strap on the boots and represent GRT for the final time. Good luck everyone!
  5. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Official results will be up ASAP.
    But it looks like a huge congratulations to @N64TheStig007
    Ad2mny, Peter Wise and JonoStan96 like this.
  6. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    #N64forPresident
    JonoStan96 and t_b_williams like this.
  7. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Did you get it recorded beau.
  8. aussief1

aussief1 Rookie

PSN ID
    aussief1
    Congratulations @N64TheStig007 - Would have been good to keep racing you in the last 3 Laps but @Bryan_F managed to lose it in a place i've never seen anyone lose it in the dry and with new tyres before and took me out ;). You would of had a good view of it anyway.

Once again Congratulations great drive :thumbsup:
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Sorry to flash. Game is flawed. Would have been disappointing to start from the back. Sorry
    Sorry also to dan. I know you dc' don lap one but by lap three when you rejoined there had been too many positional changes to restart.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  10. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    WD Jono.

Brilliant race!
    [​IMG]

Fastest Laps
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately MINT got punted at the first corner by Dan's Lag, Dan Dropped L1.
    I wasn't really looking forward to this race, however it turned out to be a cracker! All i wanted to do was make my car so wide warrior didn't have a way past! :) I dropped it on the grass into skyline, and had it all crossed up, I could see Warrior's eyes lite up! haha but I Held in there :) MINT had a brilliant recovery drive!
    warrior2167 and JonoStan96 like this.
  11. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Sure did but my race was about as interesting as a Formula 1 hotlap by Max Chilton
    SPL Racing and JonoStan96 like this.
  12. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Can you record a replay. Do a commentary.????
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I'm still pinching myself, I can't bloody believe it! The feeling I have right now is utterly indescribable.

Despite the end result, I thought I had zero chance of scoring a victory tonight. With the aliens amongst us doing high 09's, even with a 50s+ gap, I thought they'd eat into it easily. I could only pray that everyone would fight each other and fail to gain.

Thankfully my pre race migraine cleared and the race was was go. I was extremely puzzled to see flash not next to me. I was waiting for him to move up next to me, but it didn't happen. At launch, I moved left as he was coming fast. Flash lost it at turn 1 so I was already up a position. My driving was very sub par in the first 2 laps, so much so Razor caught and passed me down Conrod. If I wasn't going to win, I wanted my teammate to win, so I offered no resistance. Luckily, Razor outbroke himself at Griffins Bend on the next lap, and I was through again.

From there on in, I noticed the gap to killercarl in 1st was dropping at a rate which was manageable. The guys in front were fighting each other were still gaining, so I thought if I could keep a consistent pace with no mistakes, victory was achievable. The aliens were too far back, so it really was a case of, don't f*%# it up!

At the halfway point, I could see killercarl was only the length of the main straight ahead, so the confidence began to rise. I'd pulled away from Razor, but AO, aussie, Bryan and Killer battling hard, overtaking would be a big task indeed. I knew Razor would gain on me while this was going on, I had to dispatch them quickly.

I finally passed AO with a move into Griffins, so then it was onto the top 3, Bryan, Aussie and Killer. Killer had been delayed at Murray's corner, and I took the opportunity to take 3rd place. With 4 laps to go, I only needed to pass Aussie and Bryan. The tension was unbelievable. On lap 11, Bryan made a critical error on the approach to the Chase, and spun at extremely high speed. Aussie was dreadfully unlucky to be caught up, and suddenly I was in the lead! However, amongst the calamities, Razor and AO were now hot on my tail.

I couldn't relax for a moment. I wanted lap 12 to be the final lap, but I had to keep going for another 3! The pressure was getting to me and, with a drivers as good as Razor and AO gaining, it was so hard. Lap 12 was very good, only a tenth off my PB, but lap 13 was not good, losing 2 full seconds, and Razor was right with me, he even ghosted into me through the Dipper!

Final lap. The sweat was pouring off me (should have put my fan on high), my stomach was churning, and my eyes were messing with me, I was blinking far too often! I had to keep telling myself to keep going, the race isn't over. Self doubt crept in, I'd blown MANY races in the past, but no way. Not a snowball's chance in hell was I letting this one slip. It was by far the hardest ever lap I've driven. Once I crossed the line, I was gone. I felt completely empty and drained. I then instantly thought of Bruce, who undoubtedly would have been watching that one with a cold one in hand, maybe even two! Rather embarrassingly, emotions got the better of me. That one was for you mate.

It's rather ironic that in one of my most hated cars, I end up taking my biggest win in my ROOZ career. And really, a 1-2 with my teammate and a past ROC winner in Razor, it doesn't get any better than that. This more than makes up for the disappointments of the last 2-3 seasons. I'd like to dedicate mine and Razor's performance to my GRT teammates, they are a fantastic group of drivers, but don't break them up!

Sorry if I've gone way too overboard here, but in my 2 years of serious online racing, this is the single greatest moment and I'm certainly going to savour it! Thank you so much guys.

Cheers, Jono.
  14. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    I knew you would be more than happy with this win Jono. It means a little more to some of us. Very happy you took home the trophy. Bruce would be proud. And saying about time, you've competed in every ROC to date.
  15. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Bad luck aussie You were on fire
    aussief1 likes this.
  16. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    I'm on school holidays so i cant see why not, but don't expect it any time within the next 3 days, using a new program which gives me better edits but still getting the hang of it
    Ad2mny and AOCleaner74 like this.
  17. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    My deepest apologies to @aussief1 for ruining his race.

I clipped the grass into the kink before the Chase at over 250 km/h, so I was a passenger from that point on. I thought I didn't make contact with anyone during the accident, but clearly I was wrong. I guess it's fitting that the rookie made the most rookie-esque and silliest of mistakes. :oops:

Despite all that, I had a great race. My congratulations go to @N64TheStig007 for his first (and hopefully not last) RoC win. :thumbsup:
    Ad2mny, aussief1 and JonoStan96 like this.
  18. flashfirst

flashfirst Rookie

PSN ID
    flashfirst
    congrats to the top 3:D after all that screw around and the jump start then getting started at 2nd last wasnt in the mood/the fame of mind having to use the grass through me offf completely next time make sure we know our handicaps and such what a screw around :mad::poop::(:(:cry::cry:
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    It was close in the end!
    [​IMG]
    Ad2mny, AOCleaner74 and flashfirst like this.
  20. flashfirst

flashfirst Rookie

PSN ID
    flashfirst
    u race it really well n64 really well u deserved it :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: (clapping)
    aussief1 and JonoStan96 like this.