GT6 [Completed] BJH Memorial Race of Champions - season 5

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by t_b_williams, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

@Watto64 looks like we are starting on the same row, look forward to more battles with ya:)
    Watto64 likes this.
  2. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Can't wait for tomorrow :) And I agree with Jono, can we please have 1 mins silence?
  3. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

Looking forward to it Konnor;)
  4. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    This is pretty much in your hands now @N64TheStig007. I like the idea of the minutes silence. yesterday was a great and moving day. The turn out for our local dawn service was huge. The fallen and current servicemen and women deserve every ounce of respect we can give them. Lest we forget.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    No worries mate, yesterday was the first time I had been to a dawn service and it was incredible, The Last Post sent shivers down my spine.

Anyway, is the track the normal version of Spa or is it the time/weather change version?

@VARDZ popped an idea to me that the defending champion should do an honorary lap in a white and green McLaren, would you ok with this? (Or even a Green BRZ too.)

I believe I have all of you on my list, if not be sure to send me a friend request before tonight's race.
  6. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    The track is whatever we used during the season. admittedly, I didn't check that when I did the qualifier, but everyone was in the same boat there so shouldn't affect outcome.

As to the lap of Honour, sure if you want to, that's fine with me. Being just as close to the great man as I was, feel free to use either car.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  7. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Might be an idea to set a one lap race and do a practice start to make certain everyone understands their hanicap. Last season we had to restart the race as some went early.
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  8. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    And i believe on one attempt the grid got randomly selected! Fingers crossed all runs smoothly tonight
  9. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Sorry for late notice but It looks like I won't be racing as the Internet line in my area is down and it doesn't look like it will be fixed in the next few hours. Good luck and have fun
    Beau_Albert and Konnor McCluskey like this.
  10. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Cagm7 is out also which see's @seth123 get a start. Too late to recalculate handicaps. They should be right.
    If kieran is out then @disturboed, you also get a run. Will have a look at how the grid is supposed to line up now. Will post it up here and in the OP.
  11. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    crap, with kieran out, I will have to re calculate the handicaps. Stand by.
  12. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
  13. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    New handicaps. @N64TheStig007

Division 6 --- 0 secs
    Division 5 --- 17 secs
    Division 4 --- 31 secs
    Division 3 --- 34 secs
    Division 2 --- 36 secs
    Division 1b - 42 secs
    Division 1a - 54 secs
    warrior2167 and Beau_Albert like this.
  14. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Aaaand Viperzed out of nowhere! A little nervous to lead the field and bad luck @Kieran_B33 for missing it :(
  15. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Bugger I did know i had to qualify for this race and I was looking forward to this one
  16. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Can I jump in if someones a no show
  17. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    We have a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    @Hatfield this season's champion of champions!!

Custom signature on its way.
  18. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Hatfield guarentees himself a spot on the grid for season 6's ROC and the chance to run with the #1 on his door, plus the custom signature that only the reigning ROC winner is entitled to use (give it up Jono:p).

Well done to everyone who did well to win an event / division / title to even make it to the event.

Till next season, and its BJH Memorial Race of Champions, race hard and try to earn a ticket in.
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Sickskillz: 2:13.783

[​IMG]
    AOCleaner74 and t_b_williams like this.
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    First off all, massive congratulations to @Hatfield on a dominant victory, well deserved mate!

Aside from a few issues with cords being kicked out, the room ran swimmingly.

The lap of honour with the #51 McLaren F1 GTR as driven by Bruce was surreal, blasting it through Spa's amazing corners brought a huge grin to my face. We're all missing you buddy.

Unfortunately my race wasn't so good. I felt if I could stay in Beau's slipstream we could catch the pack faster as much like Razor with the Pozzi, Beau had a special connection with this car and had great pace. I still felt my chances of defending the title were very slim however. The racing was great, nailing those clutch overtakes is what this race is all about. I didn't plan on nailing the back of Seth into the Bus Stop though. Having broke earlier than I anticipated, I had nowhere to go. It seemed that the contact was very exaggerated, as Seth was off into the wall. Sorry mate :(

I couldn't really keep up with Beau, so I knew it would take a miracle to win from here. Then with only a few laps left, chasing emmo hard I dipped a wheel into the grass into Blaunchimont, resulting in an irrecoverable slide. My heart sank. It was over. I crossed the line in a whimper, a very disappointing result.

All the plaudits go to Hatfield tonight, you drove absolutely superbly. And congrats on your new signature, I hope it means as much to you as it did to me.

Cheers, Jono.