GT6 [COMPLETED] BJH Memorial Race of Champions season 8

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by t_b_williams, Feb 25, 2016.

1. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    i voted for HSR about three weeks ago
  2. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    does the percentage improvement over race fastest lap have anything to do with handicap positions this time around
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    It's not that I don't want him to win, I just want it to be a close battle. By the way, bob actually had his wheel lose all input at le mans and he had to recalibrate it and came through the field from last to win by 30secs lol
  4. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    AFAIC, swapping around of grid positions has been based on overall division competitiveness, so if there were any other div7s in ROC S6, they would've also started alongside you.
  5. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    But there wasn't any qualifying event?
  6. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Well then... I got nothing left. Revising my strategy to "please not last".
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    If spa wins, below are my calculations for handicap with bob given a separate cap (due to having a faster time than all 1B drivers)
    Div 2 - 0
    Div 1B - 16secs
    Bob - 23 secs
    1A - 40 secs

16 Laps
    seth123 likes this.
  8. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Yes. Always does. With more time at the track, almost everyone betters their season race FL in the ROC. Hence the provision for the % improvement in the handicaps.
  9. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Alright, how about this. Seeing as everyone is up in arms about Bob being given the Div 2 handicap, I will split the difference.
    Looking at Hats numbers above, giving him his own would put him behind the Div 1b guys. So, instead of doing that, he will start with the Div 1b guys, but at the front of that group being a Div 2 driver.
    You happy with that @B-Spec Bob ?? and everyone else.
    REVO_Bryan likes this.
  10. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Hmm hasn't it always been an average of all the guys in that div that ends up being the handicap? I know bob's quick but I still don't see why change the rules.

Generally I'd say the slower guys improve much more than the faster ones throughout the season. So it may be closer than you think.

Just my 2c.

Edit: just read some earlier posts... If this has been done multiple times before ignore...
  11. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    I get that I'm new to the RoC format but this is what I understand of it;
    RoC is meant to handicap everyone roughly equally so that every champion has a shot at winning, thus the Champion's champion can be any driver from any division. Regardless how this has been achieved in the past, so long as you set the race up knowing that every driver has roughly as good a chance as the others to win then the RoC is functioning as it was intended.
    If this is indeed how RoC is meant to work, the issue boils down to Bob being (via the wonderful power of hindsight) incorrectly placed in Division 2 instead of 1B for this season, where based on best laps and total times he most likely would have been 1B champion. A special Bob only Handicap might be a bit much - had he been in 1B he'd be in the 1B handicap, but saying he should have the Div 2 Handicap or be ahead of 1B because he was in Div 2 when he spent the season beating 1B seems a bit silly.
    If you work from what the RoC is about, you'll end up at the right solution.
  12. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    I'll start behind Div 1B on their handicap if "everyone" wants to make a race out of it. Not like it'll make much difference anyway because apparently I've already won this season's Race of Concrete. Maybe I should've just sandbagged in Div Bob, would've been pretty straight forward to do since I was the only competitor.
    [​IMG]
    /bantz
    StigsTC, JonoStan96, Hatfield and 3 others like this.
  13. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    If only Sunday league championship's are so easy and simple to win, hey Bob
    B-Spec Bob likes this.
  14. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Should bob have been in div 1b? Sure. But he wasn't. All I'm saying is don't change something that works specifically for bob. Traffic dramatically changes how well you go and had bob been in a different div it may have been quite different.

Anyway it's clear bob is being a good sport about it. May the best champion win :)
    B-Spec Bob likes this.
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    who gave you one of the charts??

TBH you would be a deserved double ROC champ. Since you joined ROOZ through the street races, I have watched you improve in leaps and bounds. Well done mate.
    skywalker likes this.
  16. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Since when could you race online in B-Spec mode?!? :roflmao:
  17. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Ultimately, we should be finding a balance between fairly handicapping Bob and not making him win by a huge margin. That would turn the race into a farce and would really hurt the reputation of this hallowed event.
    JonoStan96 and StigsTC like this.
  18. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    I wasn't having a go at you @skywalker , or anyone for that matter.
    It just seems that, anyone who wins a div, apart from div1, "was in the wrong div".
    I was "in the wrong div", even when I came second even.

Anyway , good luck to you all, as I'm unable to make it.
    Cheers, Scotty
    B-Spec Bob and skywalker like this.
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    It's not about winning the division, it's about DOMINATING the division
    arakasi- likes this.
  20. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Giggles on smoko are good. Thanks Hat