GT6 [Completed] Full Weather/Damage Series 2

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Hatfield, Jan 30, 2015.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I'm pumped, there is no room for error at Matterhorn so I'm expecting carnage! I'm hoping we can avoid early safety cars too.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Good luck with that o_O
    t_b_williams likes this.
  3. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

@Hatfield are you able to host? As I'm gonna be running about 5 mins late for quali start time so if use can hold the room for 5 or 10mins that would be much appreciated
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    my connection is not very good...i normally dsc from my own room with no body else in it lol
    also there is a 200mb update to do...
    @Mustafur are you able to host tonight? or anyone else??
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @CAB77 might be able to host?
  6. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    i could host if you want me to, my net seems fairly stable tonight
  7. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    sure put a room up and we can see how we go!
  8. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    im making a practice room now if you would like to join and test it (i need the practice for tonight as it is)
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    i will be there after the update (soon)
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I have a practice room open
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ok so I may end up hosting tonight
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I will try to start on time so if you are late you may have to just miss the first race of 3
  14. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    New room up now!
  15. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Im at work can't make it.
  16. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    My room is a go!
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Very chuffed to come away with 2/3 wins for the 2nd week in a row.

The racing was intense and action packed, though @t_b_williams not even I would have gone for the move you made on me, kudos for making it stick, even if I did end up wide and in the wall. I certainly got lucky when you came a cropper in traffic.

I should have sewn it up at the awful Riffelsee circuit but the rather inconsistent nature of the bumps caught me out numerous times. On the final lap chasing TB, WTFMAN came out of the pits right in front of me, and I was flashing the lights like crazy. In my impatience I ran myself wide whilst desperately trying to get past. That let Hat through which, due to the points system was very dire.

The last race made up for it though. I had to throw it all on the line as I had a hunch Hat would not pit along with everyone else. Unlike the terribly ambitious Riffelsee, Rotenboten is one of my favourite tracks in GT6 and I gathered my experience from it and nailed laps and overtaking moves to put it beyond reasonable doubt. I was grinning ear to ear after that race.

I said it was virtually impossible after Mid-Field, but due to this great run of results it's going to go down to the wire. May the best man win @Hatfield. BRING ON THE RAIN!
    Cheers, Jono.
  18. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    In the 3rd race I thought I was doing well nursing an injured car to 2nd place when I realised I still had a stop to do:(
    I did two laps with front end damage for nothing:unsure:
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    It was a weird night since our normal host was running late. We tried my room which went ok for race 1 only to kick everyone out at track change.
    After a couple rooms we finally got all in with @N64TheStig007 hosting.
    Very hard tracks tonight...which is why I didn't add anymore chance of rain in the latter races as it was already a crash fest.

NOTE: if you do not have port forwarding setup, when you join the room, anyone who joins after you may not be seen by other drivers. Please organise some help to set this up if you need from @DekGT5mad or myself or another savvy roozer.
    I understand some people do not have routers that allow this.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield