GT6 [Completed] GT6 INDY 500

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by arakasi-, Apr 30, 2016.

1. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    [​IMG]
    12. randm90 0:36.934
    cola1001 and arakasi- like this.
  2. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Nice !
  3. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Am watching re-play now. I was in a good spot at half distance compared to your strategy, man you had a strong second half of race. I didn't account for the loss of power, which you seemed to drive through well. Good stuff.
  4. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I thought anyone in the top 5 had a real shot of the win. I had no idea the strategies would be as diverse as they were. It turns out 5, 6, even 7 stops were feasible. It was only in the last dozen laps or so that I found myself in the winning position. I was shocked to see Arakasi only 8 seconds behind, and he was closing in every single sector. Confident my tires would last, I had to push hard, yet keep my nose clean. I was quite fortunate to find several drivers to draft in the last few laps, that certainly gave me at least a few seconds in hand.

Thanks Scott for organizing an amazing event, I loved every moment (except the network issues, of course). It had everything: strategy, setup, racecraft, tire conservation, even a bit of luck.
    Last edited: May 29, 2016
    arakasi- likes this.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Argh! My race was cooked after only a few laps, after I lost it initially out of turn 4 I didn't account for the extra wear it would create. Then a few laps later, I was trying to stretch another lap out with the rear right on 3, but just as I entered turn 1, it dipped to 2, and the car pirouetted as if I had a massive blowout! That spin cost me 3laps, one of which I only recovered on the penultimate lap. I generally despise oval racing but I think that race changed my mind. I'd really like to do another one soon! Well done Bryan once again, 5 pitstops I would not have thought to be feasible.
    Also this is my Saturday series that commences next week, entries would be much appreciated! :)
    arakasi- likes this.
  6. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Well done on the win bryan and well done on the concept arakasi. i was devastated when i couldn't join, you wouldn't believe the lengths i went to trying to be ready. i thought i had a stable enough connection when i setup a room and cyber and bryan were there but my connection just wouldn't hold with any other hosts. Maybe next time we join at say 730 for a 830 start?
    arakasi-, grassies and Easyprey007 like this.
  7. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    If my calculations are correct, @grassies's fastest lap of 36.253 seconds converts to an average of 248.255 MPH, or 399.528 km/h. :eek: Now that's what I call speed!
    grassies and arakasi- like this.
  8. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Seems to have gone down well.
    Have been thinking Motegi (same car, different car???)
    Formula GT around Daytona :eek::eek: or maybe a "Historic" there (Z28 race car ?)
    Re-run possibly ?? I'm sure everyone has ideas on what they could have changed/done better around Indy.

Personally, i'd be keen as, if enough peeps were on the grid.
    cola1001 likes this.
  9. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I am really sad I had to miss this. sounds like I missed a great race.
    arakasi- and incey like this.
  10. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    me too emmo
  11. X-WTF_MAN-X

X-WTF_MAN-X Team Driver

PSN ID
    X-WTF_MAN-X
    @grassies I think it might be time to organise a Daytona 500 lol
    grassies likes this.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    maybe it is time for a full damage oval race... keep everyone on their toes even more!
  13. X-WTF_MAN-X

X-WTF_MAN-X Team Driver

PSN ID
    X-WTF_MAN-X
    that is a really good idea
  14. grassies

grassies Rookie

PSN ID
    grassies
    The seed has been planted I'm keen to do some testing at Daytona
    Scotty and I are talking about doing some testing at Daytona in both the Formula GT and for something different testing full tune 908's. Then also twin ring oval in the same cars and also try rockets and the senna formula 3.
    Who knew turning left could be so much fun.lol
    Hats full damage rerun sounds interesting so watch this space.
    cola1001 and JonoStan96 like this.
  15. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    What I'd like to see in a rerun:

• Indycar specs (using power reduction and ballast)
    • Full damage
    • Pace car (maybe)
    • 200 laps! (maybe)
    • Different tire compounds (maybe)
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I would keep the car specs the same as before simply as we already ran it and it was comfortable.
    Full damage would be very interesting.
    Virtual Pace Car might work but only in the event there was a multi-car accident (ie 2 or more) not just one person smacking the wall and wanting not to fall behind.
    different compounds according to arakasi wouldn't work since they were similar lap times but the hards lasted much longer
  17. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    With tyres, RS were quicker lap times, and lasted many more laps.
    SS were much slower and wore out quicker. Due to the sliding through corners. Also, the sport tyres were an understeering nightmare, which would mean, wirh full damage, you would be destroyed by people diving up the inside, taking you out with the inevitable understeer, and having your race wrecked through no fault of your own.
    That was all tested in the F.G.T., but not ither cars
  18. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Also, I was keen for the full 200, but thought i would be lucky to even get 5 people interested for that many on an oval. Someone coughgrassiescough thought i should shorten it to try and get more people interested, hence the 500 km.

Another thing, Boost = pace car.
    Worked a treat in stu's nascar for keeping a tight pack, but nascars can rub and bump, F.G.T's cant, as we all worked out
  19. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-

A nice set-up hey;)
    Hatfield likes this.
  20. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    A bit more on my thought process and testing findings.
    Boost only works for a no tune series.
    This was going to be either
    - boost with no tune
    -full tune no boost.

The FGT is a dog untuned, and it's box isnt even close to working here. but this was the best open wheeler for this on offer.diffwrent liveries too.

If there were to be Pace Cars, there would have been no multi stategy options, the only one that would have worked would have been the 5 stopper, as the "faster car, more stops" ones would have been useless, as you could never get the break away.
    Also, what would stop people deliberately causing a crash, to stop themselves going a lap down.

As you may have worked out , I thought about this a whole lot, with a crap load of testing.
    I have a few ideas alreay for orhers, but anyone, feel free to put something together and ill happily join you fir testing, if you would like that, fine also if not.
    Cheers, Scotty