GT6 [COMPLETED] Nascar series 3 ?

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by stucar17, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Capatown

Capatown Rookie

PSN ID
    capatowned
    Last again, not a huge fan of this track. Was going OK till I got bumped and spun out, all down hill from there. You guys are all so fast and consistent.
  2. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Was a tricky one that's for sure, I found a kinda fast line to attack with, but had to constantly adjust brake markers to match the rapid wearing tyres. I was generally getting 2 or 3 hotlaps per set then it was off pace. Maybe I was asking to much of them :D
  3. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Well done getting that many entries. We only manage to get 6 after trying a few different settings.

Code:
    01. Mustafur  55:14.572
    02. warrior2167  +34.371
    03. garyw61  +1:59.889
    04. X-3vi1m00n  +2:28.204
    05. S_CLOSE  +2:52.78
    06. Dbn  D/C

Stumbles likes this.
  4. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Stumbles is the boss when it comes to hosting. Glad I went the 2 stop option. Tyres weren't too bad after the first 12, but the pitstop glitch saw me nearly on the rims come the last few laps of my second and third stint. The other thing I've noticed is that they have greased the ripple strips in GT6. Gotta avoid them in a lot of cars.

@Capatown - keep with it mate, that car is like driving soap on glass. The BRZ is glued to the road in comparison.
  5. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Sorry you had so many issues with the second room, some weird :):):):)e going on with PSN at the moment. I had a glitch last night, each time I sent a chat message, the select arrow always moved all the way to the left. Couldn't hit space to open chat either, it would close straight away and arrow move to left. Could be my keyboard, not sure??
  6. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Ahhh!! that's what that was!...i made the decision to 1stop because the tyres looked ok at 12laps and still at 50% by 18...thought i was onto a possible 3rd place until lap 28 my left rear was all done - wtf?! Just could not hold it in a straight line for the rest of the race.
    Sorry Clevo should have helped my team mate out.
    Clevohead likes this.
  7. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    I thought you must have run out of grip at the end, not really the way I like to gain a spot, felt sorry for you Joe, considering the game screwed you over.
  8. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    I saw you coming from a long way back and kept praying the race timer would count out before you got to me lol.
    My race kind of ended in the first lap - felt so un comfortable in the mid pack at the start i pulled off onto the grass to let drivers thru.
    Was convinced i was going to take someone out.
    Stumbles likes this.
  9. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Got involved in the argey bargey turn 1 and punted FrznAu off track as a result. Waited with him as he rejoined, got going again and managed to make up a couple of spots before I got DSC'd without even making it to my first pit stop. Ho hum oh well what can you do.
  10. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Thankfully missed most of the carnage off the line. Stiggy bogged down and Zamps shot past like he'd been launched from a rocket. Luckily for me he overcooked turn 4 and the right-hander before getting on the oval. WD on your first podium Scotty, many more to come I think. Did you try for a one-stopper Zamps, or was it Stig??
    smokinscotty likes this.
  11. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    I tried the same thing, I was leading by 6 seconds with two laps two go but the rears let go into turn 1 and then I was no match for Mustafur, has to limp home for the last 2 laps.
  12. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Your right mate, don't stress, like I said I got lag punted pretty bad on lap 2 and lost a heap of time, to be honest :):):):)ed my race. I wasn't very impressed, but I just drove it out, as it wouldn't be fair on you if just parked it up, so I kept going and with DSCs I got a better place than I was expecting, bring on next week I say ;)
    WAC likes this.
  13. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Talking about "bogged down"(@Anon), at the grid, ready to go, 3,2,1-go... Everyone files away from the line, except me. Then I finally realized what was wrong, for some fugged up reason, the game started me in 3rd gear.
  14. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    I was having a great battle with Gary for third place during the first stint and decided to go for a one stopper (Musta and Warrior kms ahead, although I managed to overtake warrior once... But then normality kicked in and he was goooooone lol)
    Went to pits to undercut Gary and thinking how well my tyres had lasted, went more aggressive to put a gap between us. Instead my tyres were destroyed in a random configuration which sent me backwards all the way to last (only 5 of us at that point though ).
    Spun so many times that I missed the pit entry and slammed sideways against the pit wall. Drove against traffick and pitted one more time but my race was over, barely made it before the clock died out. Still had great fun with Gary and 3vil.
    Stupid PD physics.....
  15. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Where do I start? After nearly an hour delay while we dealt with various network issues I managed a PB 1:29.250 to take 6th on the grid behind Anon, Smokin, The Stig, Zamps and Joe and ahead of Frzn, stumbles,BJ, Col, Capa, Ad2??? and Clevo. I'm Not sure what happened to Midron.
    I got a good start and moved ahead of smokin and Joe to be 4th at turn one. Smokin smoked past me as we completed the first lap and we came up behind The Stig out of turn one and Smokin passed him and I got by a little later to regain 4th. The stig got by me again after a couple of laps and I was now 5th behind the Div 1 guys and had a reasonable gap back to Bj.
    I pitted end of lap 12 and fell back a few places but was back up to 6th as all but Joe pitted soon after. Joe looked like he might be trying a one stopper but when he pitted at the end of lap 17 to put me back up to 5th, I knew he would have to do 19 laps on the second set and I may be battling him for position at the end of the race.
    Things were uneventful up until about lap 29 apart from a small error in the esses that cost me all of about 4 seconds, I had enough margin over BJ for him not to threaten and I soon began to pull away again. After my second stop the leading quintet of Div 1 guys were well ahead and I was hoping to catch the one stopping Joe.
    I came up behind him on lap 29 which was much sooner than I expected and I slipstreamed past down the front straight to move into a comfortable 5th. The leaders were well ahead and I was only about 20 seconds off being lapped when on lap 34 I spotted Zamps at the the end of the back straight as I entered it. Over the next lap I closed on him very quickly and I realised he was struggling. I smelled blood and as we went through the esses on lap 35 I had a little slide and ended up sideways at the left hand corner of the esses. I got going and noticed zamps was having problems of his own just ahead. I set off after him but as gentle as I was trying to be it was all too much for my tyres at this stage and it slithered off to the right into the wall as if there was a magnet there. My attempts to get back on track were absolutely soul destroying as car after car passed me while I performed pirouettes that would have done a ballerina proud.I finally got back on track after losing 40, yes 40 effin seconds!!!. It was about this time that I realise I hated this damn Toyota.
    Anyway I saw that I had only dropped one place to BJ. The rest of the cars that passed were anon and stig lapping me (Jeez) and a few others that had been a lap behind me, phew!. As I powered onto the short straight on the oval a red car loomed in my mirrors, I wasn't sure if it was Joe coming back to take my 6th place or Clevo. It turned out to be Joe and as he tried to pass me around the outside before the last turn he lost it big time and shot across the back of my car. I tippy toed around the final lap to take a dismal 6th. My stretch to snatch 4th from Zampli had instead been a gift of 5th place to BJ, (excellent drive BTW BJ)
    My poor team mate had a DSQ so our points haul was very meager and Team Amigos have dropped out of contention for the team prize now. Which room you are alotted to has a lot to do with it because as poor as my result was it would have put me on the podium and gotten another 9 points in the other room.
    Oh well, that's the luck of the draw.
    Next week we have the lottery of Daytona so there's no knowing what result we might get there, should be an exciting race though.
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
    midron18 likes this.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    FYI, the combined race times:
    Evil's room

01. Mustafur.......55:14.572
    02. warrior2167..55:48.943
    03. garyw61.......57:14.463
    04. X-3vi1m00n..57:42.776
    05. S_CLOSE....58:07.232
    06. Dbn D/C

Stumbles room
    01. anon.........55.03.294
    02. The Stig...55:19.295
    03. Smokin.....55:37.800
    04. zamps......56:24.359
    05. BJ.............56.38.670
    06. Emmo.......57:02.876
    07. stumbles...57:47.252

the rest of the runners in this room were beyond 58.03.294
    smokinscotty likes this.
  17. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Sitting next to Anon on the front row, I was real keen to chase him and find the pace I had been lacking. But TC and a miniscule jump start meant I was fifth by turn one. Felt like a dork with TC on, but did help me be more consistent inthe long run.

Great guys to race with, stig had much better race pace than myself, so did Zamps, When the two got stuck into eachother I was close enough to get by Zamps, and then it was like a time trial lol. Anon you were just way too quick lol.

Whats the correct etiquette when passing lapped traffic? I was giving room even though their cars were ghosting. Do other people just drive through the ghost?
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I drive through if they are on the racing line. Otherwise if there is room I go around.
    smokinscotty likes this.
  19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It was a bummer Ad, I was very disappointed to see you drop out. I hope we get a better run next week, we may be in the lower ranked bunch seeing as we are now in 6th on the ladder.
  20. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    So was there anyone trying to get into this room that couldnt ? Will award them points if there was.

Will try to get to this tonight guys.