GT6 [COMPLETED] Nascar series 3 ?

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by stucar17, Nov 13, 2013.

1. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Ah yes that's right you did get pass me aye Stumbles!...saw you looking for a way pass Col then you loud pedalled yourself into the wall.
    Who's the sneeky little jap in P12 ?
  2. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    I think P12 was an onlooker watching the race. Saw Haze-one was in the room for a bit, may have recorded that. Was set to a friends only room, so might be another one of PD's glitches.
  3. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Was a mad first lap, the old Chevy didn't want to leave the start line and thankfully neither did Stig's. Poor Scotty, who'd been fastest by some way in practice d/c'd and Serge just did an Alonso and swooped past all of us. I managed to get back some track position by turn 3 and although the cold tyres were making cornering a touch hairy, I figured I had Stig on my outside and Serge a bit behind so I was good to turn in. As I turned in Serge was right there, the car behind was the wrong red car, and Stig had gone. Next thing I had a small gap in front to Gaz.

I hope I didn't contribute to your spin Serge, if so apologies, I promise I didn't have my elbows out. Let's hope everyone can get the first lap nailed next week...
    S_CLOSE and Stumbles like this.
  4. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Great race Anon, at least one side of our team did well :)
  5. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    First up, apologies to Stu for taking him out, did not even realise anything had happened. Knowing that now I am hoping that I didn't also take Dek out in my final stint when I passed him on the inside at turn 1 for 3rd overall. He dropped back quickly and I assumed he ran wide.

Got away well and saw the carnage behind as Bj suffered with connection issues. I made a vow not to spin out this race and was extra cautious into the final turn on cold tyres as that's where I had most problems. Put my head down but still watched the top 5 pulling away. Dek started drifting back towards me and was running wide trying to get away. We swapped spots couple of times till I pitted end lap 15. He came back out in front after his stop lap or two later... More to come
  6. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    5th place from 12th on the grid ain't letting the team down. Next week will be tough, might not invite the Bundy Bear around next Saturday night, I think we'll need a clear head for Indy.
    Stumbles likes this.
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks for the turnout last night lads.
    Good to have 2 full rooms....

i must have run over a black cat, no luck at all last few races.....started a little late trying to sort out evil, midron and T_B, finally got a qual lap in and started 2nd last !

Poor BJ copped a massive lag punt at the start which i just managed to miss, and slotted in behind AD, capa and Dek for the first few laps.

By lap 12 i was up to 5th i think with warrior behind, trying to stay away from ad who was lagging, and look after my tires so i could 1 stop....

Lap 13 disaster, ad lagged onto the front straight, and my car stopped dead into the wall, putting me 30 secs behind the leaders, and warrior who i just wanted to run with !

ended up going long to lap 21 i think but had killed my tires trying to catch up, so the strat was out the window

I ended up pitting again with about 10 to from 5th, with 2 to go managed to get past emmo and Dek after a couple of quick laps but bugger me, ran out of fuel with half a lap to go so fell back to 5th. Grrrrr

On to Indy road !
    Clevohead likes this.
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ladders updated....http://raceonoz.com/threads/nascar-series-3-ladders.773/

Lobbies for round 4, Indy road.
    Laps TBC
    Draft : weak
    Grid start
    1 lap qual.
    Tires : race soft / wear normal

Lobby 1. Host STUMBLES ?
    Anon / Stumbles
    Emmo / Ad2mny
    Joe / Clevo
    Thestig / Colin_50
    Stu / BJ
    Scotty / Capatown

Lobby 2. HOST DEK ? (psn dbn25)
    Frzn / Midron18

Warrior / Evilmoon
    S_Close / Garyw61
    TB / Dekgt5mad
    Bernsy / Rumbleshorts
    garyw61 likes this.
  9. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Put in a fair few practice laps leading up to this, and pace was good, almost as fast as stig! would have qualified 3rd if not for a big spin in qually. Jumped from 10th to 5th or 6th by turn one (think I figured out the launch) and was closing on a battling lead pack.
    Click. D/C half way through the opening lap. :mad::mad::mad: Sh!t go, but can take plenty of positives to take from the experience.
    Was going to log back in to spectate, but didn't want to add any extra lag to the room.
    Going to go over my connection setup tonight (DMZ etc), then have a crack at Indy :D
    stucar17, garyw61 and Stumbles like this.
  10. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    At this rate I should be good for Sunday, don't want warrior having it too easy.
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    bugger scotty, didnt realise you DSC first lap.....will adjust your points.....you get 24 which is what i have done for the other rounds.....

@ musta, just let me know....i have Frzn in for you at the moment, but if you can make it i will sub frzn in for another team
  12. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I can't make it the week after this one sorry Stu/Serg. Will be at Adelaide Oval watching the Aussies handing the Poms their arses again!
  13. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    This race provided joy and heartbreak for me, firstly I was surprised to get pole even though the lap was a PB of 1:03 517 for me. Others had been much quicker in pre race practice. I got a great start and initially pulled away from the field but fRZnAU rounded me up and took the lead at turn two. We then enjoyed a very good battle for many laps and we slowly drew away from DEK and the swarming pack on his tail. My strategy was to do three 15 lap stints and towards the end of the first stint I had managed to overcome fRZn and was just ahead of him when I pitted at the end of lap 15 and he continued on. After fRZn pitted I had an increased gap on him as we ran behind the long runners. I came up behind Stu who had yet to stop and had to follow him for a lap which allowed fRZn to catch my draft and we continued our battle over the lead once all had pitted. A few laps before I was due to pit again fRZn had a little off in the esses and allowed me to build about a 5 second lead. Warrior was starting to loom in the background and I was relishing perhaps battling with him later in the race.
    I headed for the pits at the end of lap 30 thinking this was going to be a good day for Team Amigos when I touched the grass at the pit entrance and had a 360 degree spin. The GT6 gods decided to punish me by turning my pit stop into a drive through and I had to go around to pit again. In my haste I gassed it up too much entering the tunnel and spun. I compounded the problem more with two more spins trying to get going again.
    After the pit stop on lap 31 I came out in 6th place. I rounded up DEK and then passed Stu when he pitted and was running 4th behind team mate AD2, still a respectable outcome for the team. I must have eased off or DEK got his second wind because before I realised it the gap I had on him was gone and I was locked in battle for the 4th place. Then from out of the blue Stu arrived on fresh tyres and rounded us both up with ease with only a couple of laps to go. I got ahead of DEK again and set off after Stu.
    On the penultinmate lap I tried too hard to get a good run onto the finish straight to get into Stu's tow and had to correct a firey slide which dropped my momentum and let DEK draft past me again as we started the last lap. I was back in 6th again DOH. I was trying my best to find a way by DEK when he dived inside Stu in the first part of the esses and they touched. I passed Stu as well before the left hander and was right on DEK's tail as we entered the tunnel and I sensed he was struggling and I had momentum. Unfortunately I got greedy with throttle and around she went. X%^$# %&&&$#$.
    Of course I spun two more times trying to get the %$#*& beast going again. As I headed for the finish line I came across Stu running slow towards the last corner and I thought he must have thought he had caused my spin and was waiting to redress. I dropped in behind him and gave him a few taps to let him know he could get on with it but he didn't speed up.
    I shoved him all the way to the finish line and there he moved aside and stopped just short of the line??. I had to bulldoze him across the line and I finished 6th. I didn't realise that Stu had run out of fuel and he must have been mighty puzzled by my actions.
    In summary my race was excellent up to the entry to the pits on lap 30, after that it was :):):):)e except for the great battles with DEK and Stu. I hope I made DEK sweat for the 4th place.
    Congratulation Warrior for a well earned win and alo to fRZn and team mate Ad2 for the podium places, well done.
    Thanks also to FRZn for the great battles in the first 2/3rds of the race, very enjoyable and satisfying.
  14. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Before the race I hadn't done any time in the nascar on GT6 and it showed in practice as I spun and crashed into the wall about 5 times, not getting a single clean lap in. My first clean lap was the qualifying lap. Starting from 8th I took the 1st stint pretty cautiously still trying to learn the right lines to take with the new physics in GT6. As the race progressed I was getting more comfortable with the car and I was able to lean on it a lot more.

After the 2nd round of stops something must of happened to FRZn because we were together before it and when I pitted a lap later I manged to get out ahead by 6 seconds. Apart from a few lag spikes from a couple of It was an enjoyable race, The new physics are awesome and I look forward to the BRZ races.

Evilmoon - weren't you supposed to be in Stu's room ?
    stucar17 likes this.
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    He was warrior but he couldn't get in, so I asked him to join stumbles. His result has been transferred across which is reflected in the points.
    warrior2167 likes this.
  16. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Is it going to be 30 laps??
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Will let you know tomorrow guys. Around that for sure.
  18. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Had a good race except for two spins,got knocked around on the first couple of laps due to lag from Ad until PSN decided to make him invisible to me,just as Stu passed him!:confused:Drove on and after All the pitstops shook out i came out in 4th but emmo caught me quickly while managing my tires to have something to fight with at the death if necessary.The next 7 or 8 laps were filled with emmo's but or nose,but then Stu appeared and blasted past us both.Unfortunately he ran out of fuel(at the esses???) where i gave him a good punt as he stopped dead,but gave emmo a run,which gave him a rush of blood and he spun entering the tunnel,leaving an easy 1/2 lap to the line for what i thought was 3rd,but magically Ad appeared in front of me on the final leaderboard!!! LOL Good Stuff PSN & PD
    stucar17 likes this.
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    dont start me on the PSN Dek !
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Slight adjustment to the number of laps tomorrow night guys.

Is now 36 lap, race soft, wear normal.

Stu