GT6 [Completed] Raceonoz Bathurst 3 Hour

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by warrior2167, Jan 4, 2015.

1. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Was discussing with ads last night, I think it would be better rather than trying to do the formation lap at 80, make it just a normal warm up lap, with no overtaking to be done. After going through forest elbow, everyone will slow down and leader sets a slow pace so the grid can form up nice and close down the back straight.

This means its not so hard trying to keep formation over the mountain as it will single file. Its how it works in a proper race too ;)
  2. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

So race to forest elbow
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Not full time wheel...depends on weather...also in my practice I have found I am about same pace now with wheel due to lack of practice :(
    and thanks in advance for the setup...
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  4. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    No not at all its like driving under double yellow... no overtaking and only driving at about 50-60% pace, in karting if the grid isn't formed up correctly, they make you do another lap, and another until the grid is right.
  5. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

So not like Wednesday night
  6. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Correct. Its a really long lap to do 80km/h and double file across the top of the mountain is tough trying to stay close. Its better to go over clean, and then bunch up down con rod . Also alike Wednesday, no ramming :rolleyes::p

But its warriors event, so his call. Just a suggestion how it could work better.
  7. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Is their an acceleration line that the pole man has to adhere too or is it the start line that he can go for it?
  8. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    That's what I meant in my post, like how we practiced on Wednesday, just no one spin on the warmup lap this time. we start gridding up in the chase.

Yes, the footbridge after the final corner
  9. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Shouldn't be a problem as long as no one is pushing you (cough *fastboy* cough) over 200km/h while your trying to adhere to a safe speed.. :roflmao:
  10. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

I'm going to have to pull out of this one as I have to go pick up the old man from town in a drunken state and I cant see him partying till after 1:30 in the morning in his old age ;). So if there's anyone who'd like to take my spot your more than welcome to take it. I may turn up for the 1st hour if I haven't received a call before then.
  11. LITTLEBLACKO942

LITTLEBLACKO942 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    LITTLEBLACKO932 GTP_AussieRacer GTP_RacerOz
  12. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Think that may be the end of serious racing multi-Division stuff for me, wasn't really happy with that tonight :thumbsdown: Appreciate Warrior for making this, but after a seriously tough day, that wasn't what i wanted to deal with.
  13. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    That was great racing with everyone showing respect ,
    Cheers all
    Ouch !!!
    JonoStan96, Blindman, Ad2mny and 2 others like this.
  14. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Hey kills that will be 2 cartoons of piss thanks buddy to the pro state racing teams that just kicked your ass in the bathurst 3 hour
  15. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    I would like to congratulate everyone for a fantastic race and especially Mint with an utterly superb drive in the GTR.

The battle for 2nd was tremendous and came down the final 10 minutes between BLINDMAN/Kart, warrior and Jono.
    [​IMG]
    10th Vardz - 1hr 6th minute (2:06.808)
    11th BeauAlbert 1hr 6th minute (2:04.827)
    12 v8power383 1hr 5th minute (2:08.801)
    13th LITTLEBLACK 24th minute (2:07.827)
    14th fastboysmith 20th minute (2:07.643)
    DNS CAGM

Fastest Laps.
    [​IMG]

Few pics.
    [​IMG] ,
    Jono spinning on the warmup lap, I couldn't stop my self from laughing for the rest of the lap
    [​IMG]
    Mint won the pole
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Mint already building a useful gap.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Mint led from start to finish in an outstanding performance

The race was all about fun, driving awesome cars around an awesome track, however to concentrate for 3 hours would be tough after a stressful day, hope you reconsider, Div 1 needs you.

Stayed tuned guys, more events to come later in the year at Spa and Nurburgring.
  16. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Thanks for the racin fellas, too bad FreddyP and I got such a bad start, punted off in the first corner, lost sound and then had a TV glitch In The first few laps that put us back 50 secs behind Mint. Tried hard to gather it back after that, but the damage was already done.
    I have to apoligise to fastboy who I attacked early on with a move that didn't work, and also to Saaved with a slight touch, but apart from that I was extremely happy with the racing.
    Great race between Annon and myself in the few laps before the final pit stop, glad I got ahead for Freddy to bring it home.
    Big thanks to FeddyP who drove an awesome race, and also thanks to Kart no1 for getting us a great set up for the race.
    Was a bit disappointed that Mint beat my fastest lap time by .025 sec, but when your up against an Alien I guess you kind of expect that!
    Overall I think that the Pro state team have laid laid down a marker that they are a team that should not be underestimated!
    Ps. Killer you owe us a 2 cartons!
  17. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    AWSOME concept warrior the pro state race team loved the challenge with two driver teams had a ball and some great racing is there one on next Friday ? KA CHOW
  18. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Did not go as well as I anticipated. Was intending to get to pykey's by 7.30 but didn't work out that way, arriving at 8.15. Did 10 mins practice but felt a bit strange, the G27 definitely feels better but it took till near the end of my first stint to get any consistency. @pykeybraa145 did an awesome job getting us on the second row, but when I took over for the start, turn 1 was as far as I got with the pack. Someone was sideways across the track (way too aggressive start for a 3hr race) and had nowhere to go. Off the track I went and with an unfamiliar wheel totally nuffed out trying to find gears and get sorted. Caught up to fastboysmith on Conrod, backed out of a pass at the chase but ran wide avoiding him, losing even more time. A comedy of errors on my behalf trying to come to terms with a strange rig saw us fall further and further behind, and despite pykey's valiant efforts to bring us back up the field, we just kept going backwards. Saw it out to the end, with pykey attacking the track drift style in his final stint until nearly taking out mint and Jono at skyline then we just cruised it home trying our best to stay out of everyone's way.

Well done MINT on your substantial victory!!

Thanks for letting me ruin your race and not rage quitting to see it to the finish pykey.

Great stuff @warrior2167
  19. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    What a great race that was! Unbelievable driving Mint, lapping the entire field is something truly special.

I still can't believe I managed to bin the car on the warm up lap, surely a contender for 2015 Dumbest ROOZ Moment award. I tried to rush back to 6th before the go point, but Fastboy moved in front of me causing me to spin again! What a calamity! The first few laps were awesome, desperately trying to make up positions and get on the podium. A fastboy spin on lap 4 caused a delay at the Dipper, and I saw fit to carve my way in between Vardz and S54VED, and set up and awesome move into the Chase on killercarl. Probably one of my favourite slices of action I've had at ROOZ and it brought a huge smile to my face.

With Mint legging it, I hoped to gain on Beau and Blindman before the pit stops, and I got one of them. They must have had an incident as Beau ended up facing the wrong way at Murray's. Try as I might, I couldn't catch Blindman.

Beau was the first to pit, then I did on lap 20. I think I contributed to his eventual rage quit after I spun and crunched the wall exiting the Chase, and Beau had nowhere to go. The laps ticked over, and I was joining the battle between Warrior and Blindman for 2nd. I screwed up the pit entrance again, and cost myself a lot of time. The next phase was interesting as Blindman came out of the pits behind Warrior but swiftly overtook him as I followed through. A fierce battle insued but he got the jump on me and I was livid. Blindman was pulling away fast, but I was still strangely keeping Warrior a safe distance behind despite driving like an absolute tool. I knew the only way to get 2nd now was to change strategy, as I couldn't match the SLS over a long stint. With and hour to go, I decided to split it into two quick, low fuel stints. The pace was strong and I pitted for the 4th and final time with about 28 mins to go.

The stint was fantastic, but this idiot pressed the wrong button and put 100L in! The time was wasting away, and 2nd seemed very out of reach. With the car running about 40L overweight, I still somehow squeezed an 03.9 on my first flyer. Each lap was now a qualifier and with Mint in front acting as bait, I was on the hunt. A flurry of constant mid-low 04's enabled us to catch the battling Blindman (Kart) and Warrior. Mint waived me through and now with 10 mins left, I had to finish the job. Kart had helped me out awesomely by holding up warrior for as long as he did, and with them now within striking distance, there was no answer to the GT-R. A 2nd that I really had to fight for, what a race.

I'm really looking forward to the next one warrior, maybe this could even be Round 1 of a ROOZ Endurance Series?

Cheers. Jono
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  20. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Well done MINT, N64 and Warrior, was a very close race for the minor places with 10 to go. So dissapointed I coundn't hang on for 2 more laps, did not take the shine off a great performance by Blindman qualifying on the front row and driving 2 superb stints. Thanks mate for a great effort. @AOCleaner74 , I think it was actually Freddys tune we used in the end. A very credible team performance by the ProState Racing Team coming home 4 and 5. @Killercarlcox69 @SPL Racing those beers, sorry energy drinks, are gunna taste great. Congrats and thanks @warrior2167 , this is a great concept and was well put together. I can not wait for the next enduro's especially Spa.
    Cheers.