GT6 [Completed] Raceonoz Bathurst 3 Hour

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by warrior2167, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Almost forgot to include some of my race highlights
    Beating Pykey @pykeybraa145 )
    Keeping Warrior behind me at start of first stint before he pitted
    Beating Pykey
    Driving an OK first stint to maintain second place
    Beating Pykey
    Driving a better 2nd stint and (I think) making Warrior work hard to catch and pass me.
    Beating Pykey
    Driving a much better 2nd stint
    Beating Pykey
    Having a great team mate
    Beating Pykey
    Finishing 4th with a few of the top guns just seconds up the road after 3 hours
    and did I mention beating Pykey
  2. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    bloody kart enjoy it mate next time things will be different :D Im glad you had a good race mate, I will be wearing a prostate racing :):):):) and doing all your poses very soon haha
  3. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Yeah ill still be competing in the main series :) Just some of these community events sometimes people just get the elbows out a bit too much and it just ends in tears every race. :( Congrats to Mint though and warrior on the race success and event success :) Also Jono congrats on the parade lap ;)
    warrior2167 likes this.
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I wouldn't brag too much about beating Pykey, that isn't a very difficult task... ;):laugh::roflmao:
  5. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    To the Prostate Team
    Well done guys you drove a great race it was a shame we could not see blindman (next time use karts console )
    We had nothing but dramas had to ring pykey to hold up the start (thanks guys for waiting)
    We had the pace but we hit someone twice (that spun out ) at warp speed and lit the car up red for a while the second time the car was loosing power .
    On the warm up lap we had no power ,i don't know if anyone else had issues all throughout the race .
    Again great work warrior next one spa at night i hope .
    AO please pm with your address i will send up 2 $50 dan murphy cards ASAP ( these WILL be returned after the next event) lol
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    [​IMG]
  7. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Sorry mate. Clipping those tyres out of forest elbow isn't very forgiving :(

Was pretty happy to be on the 2nd row, and on the inside. Got a blinder start, right up Mint's backside. Took it easy through T1 and nailed it. Was able to take the lead, as the GTR being the house of wheels was no match for the Audi with slip stream. But didn't take long for Mint to come back through, and that was basically the beginning of the end for me lol.

Having swapped to a load cell for my brake pedal, I was really struggling with consistency of my braking. My initial pressure was reasonable, but I was letting off slightly, so wasn't sustaining 100% braking for very long. As a side effect I went unintentionally deep many many times and gave 1-2 love taps (sorry). This resulted in quite a few off road excursions :( and a few spins. It does feels better, but Im slower and less consistent than before.

In what I thought would be my final stint, Id worked out that I really needed to focus on applying enough pressure to the brakes, and was catching freddy fast staying consistently in the 4s. However, this only lasted 15 mins, as with 30mins to go I realised I wasn't going to have enough fuel. Started changing shift points earlier and earlier trying to save fuel which threw off my consistency as the car was behaving much differently in higher gears across the top of the mountain. But alas with 3 laps to go I was on vapours and was forced to pit.

If there are more enduros I really hope the Audi is still on offer. I really enjoyed the car.

Thanks warrior for organising this. The start was great. I watched the first few laps while I did some work after the race.. I liked the variety of cars :)

Well done to the podium, and to everyone that actually completed the 3 hours! Mint you were in a class of your own. :thumbsup:
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  8. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Yes definitely, maybe 3 or 4 more in the year. Next up would be Nurburgring on Friday May 15 followed by Spa on Friday 24th July and then probably one more around October.
  9. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Could we do what GTP is doing with their enduro series. Not saying have 24 hr races but run in the same format where one team member does his stint pits and leaves the room and then the other team member joins and continues... I am sure the boys who competed last weekend could describe the the logistics of it all.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  10. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I'd really like to do that a lot, but the trouble with that is it is extremely complicated and takes a dedicated timing system just to keep track of what is happening. At first I thought taking photos of the screen at every pit stop was ridiculous, but it's main purpose is to keep track of position. It's nigh on impossible to know what position you're in whilst out on track, and finding out the overall result can take nearly 2 days. AJ and a few boys at GTP spent months planning and organising it, and it's already a big success. Those races are done in "practice lobbies", so people can switch drivers and re join if disconnected.

Endurance racing is the ultimate Motorsport test IMO, and I really like this concept of going to other's houses as a team. A great track and a great car with all the time in the world is a wonderful combination. Sierra and a Challenger to most is not I guess lol
    Killercarlcox69 and Blindman like this.
  11. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Just want to give a big shout out to all the teams and drivers who finished the race last night - well done. Mint was in a different event to everyone else, but watching the guys in positions 2-4 swapping places the whole race gave a good indication of how well sorted this event was - good job Warrior.

As for our team, well it was decided to spend some time on AC first, then try GT. This messed up our brains a little bit. Then a very last minute team vote saw the Thrustmaster rig get benched in favour of the G27 Serge brought along - I know I have said this before, but PD what were you thinking with that update, one of the best wheels on the market feels like crap in this game. The 2 main drivers ate and played some backyard cricket while the pitcrew worked feverishly to set up the new rig. Just in time for qual the boys were ready and TB strapped in for Q and stint 1. The pitcrew grabbed a rum and relaxed!!

After that the boys did well, TB had an awesome 2nd stint cracking some good times consistently, but some brain fade issues with the pitcrew saw Serge go into the final stint carrying 20+L too much fuel and struggling a little in the early laps. All in all we had a great night and thanks to the boys for the laughs. Will happily host again!!
  12. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Prostate green race report got a bad start coming into hell corner Ao and beau touched and opened a gap for me to go through for the run up the mountain Ao was in a spin ,mint and saved off like a cut cat beau and I were side by side up the mountain I had the inside line on the run to the cutting beau did a great move coming out of the cutting to pass me and I noticfd his car was a bit of a hand full . So I thought I would just try and stick to their tail for the draft up and down the mountain.which was working well as I started to real them both in beau was driving the wheels off to pick up saved with a passing move up the mountain .now onto the back of saved with fastboy closing in on me I thought I'd have to make a move coming into murrys corner saved under steered off and I gained a position now with a clear track in front I set about gapping fastboy and go after beau doing consistent clean laps got me back onto beaus Audi with mint pulling a gap with every lap I was thinking that mint wouldn't be able to keep the tyres under the Gtr with his pace boy wasn't I wrong ! 2.43 mins to the flag mint beau and myself had made a great gap on the rest of the field and I started to watch the position table to see who was moving through the pack with Freddy and warrior my biggest concerns with the lap times I seen in practise .with my best lap to this point 2.04.957 I was within slipstream distance of beau again now to pass or follow? Going up the mountain I got a good run on beau to make a inside pass at turn 2 with a slight touch I was through into 2nd a pulling a gap . Now when to pit ? Was going to do 4 stopper but we were racing mint now so quick chat with kart we decide to do what mint was going to do still doing good times held it to lap 21 the first pit stop were I would jump out of the seat and kart would take the wheel. Kart leaves pits with Freddy and warrior hot on his heels quick chat they have to pit don't race them Was the instructions lap22 Freddy pitted warrior and annon closing in annon pitted warrior sticking like glue to karts bumper putting pressure on kart big time if you think his hair was grey before you should see it now ! Great driving by kart keep him in front .warrior pitted lap 25 ! Calm down time for kart fresh air .everso slowly n64 was taking time out on the merc .lap42 box box box was the call warrior up to 2nd Blindman back in for the third stint still in fresh air I set about putting in some good laps when coming out of the chase I ran wide and come to a complete stop :):):):) ! Now I realise damage is on warrior in pits comes out in front of me and n64 .now it's on like donkey Kong ! Picking warrior up but also dragging n64 along for the ride . Lap46 all nose to tail have to make move on warrior so he can hold n64 up .no luck n64 passes me into hell corner then battle all the way to the top of the mountain twice if you got a replay watch it it was great then lucky enough to start to pull away and make some ground for my co pilot. Mint was gone in a race with him self and the clock and a race with AO for the fastest lap. Fuel is into red box box box ! Kart waiting at the pit to open the door and jump in for the final stint fuel to the top cost us a few seconds . Order mint warrior n64 and kart we knew they had to pit again keep it clean and we are in good shape for a podium lap 69 into 3rd warrior pitted . Lap 72 n64 pitted back into second go you good thing ! 24 mins to go looking good ever so slowly loosing time to warrior with n64 closing in on warrior lap 81 warrior stuck likglue to the back of the #95 car n64 on fire lap 82 warrior through .. N64 through just stick with them wAs the call from the pits but coming through the dipper disaster struck # 95 car putting it into the wall T the dipper ! Noooooooooo was the cry from kart frustrated and disappointed till then kart was driving the best race of hi life battling with warrior and n64 both great ROOZ champions and mint ! well absolute fantastic drive to take pole fastest lap and the win . Absolutely had a great time with my co driver kart who drove great with all the pressure with only 1 little mistake . I had a great race as well and some great battles and a big mistake . Well done warrior looking forward to the next event !
  13. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    No reason why we can't have a series over a period of 12 months doing as many did last night .... as warrior said 3 or 4 races in the series spread across the year. Mix the cars up across different classes.
  14. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Hell yeah, sign me up
  15. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Congratulations to everyone that took part last night, a very tough race at an unforgiving track that never gives you a break!!

I knew pole was within reach but AO showed early signs in warm up that he was up to the task. Fortunately I was able to put a lap together and secure a front row pole seat. The formation lap was actually quite difficult to task, as going down the chase, I see someone on my track map spin?!?!? (Jono trying to be special :p) So I bunched up the pack the best I could before the weigh bridge was upon us and it was GO GO GO. Ssaved got a cracker run on me going up mountain straight and was able to gain the lead. I tucked in behind to find Ssaved undoes is hard work by going slightly hot into griffins bend (easy to do on cold tyres) and I was able to sneak up the inside and regain the lead back once we reached the cutting. For the next couple of laps, I just focused on getting into a good early rhythm and see what was going to pan out behind me. I was really pleased to build an early buffer but once Blindman secured 2nd, I knew we had a race on our hands. The prostate green machine was blindingly (ah thankyou lol) quick and the lead was definitely within reach for them if the mountain was to bite me. So I picked a lap number that wouldn't over the stress the tyres or me for that matter and just hoped I could keep it going. After the 1st stint was said and done, I found a permanent groove with the car and track and from there I was able to build a commanding lead. Once the final hour ticked over, I was now mentally struggling with the focus this track demands but I had one thing I had always wanted to achieve and that was a clean sweep, so AO's seriously impressive lap of 2.03.4 was on my radar. So, I decided to run my 3rd stint to fumes so I could have the least amount of fuel to attack. Final stint was on, 3/4 of tank and the mountain....I threw absolutely everything, 2 laps in, nope 2.03.5....one final crack and success. "Time to switch off now" I thought but with all those risk vs reward laps, I found myself right in the battle for 2nd with Blindman and Warrior infront and Jono just behind. I got really close and with 7odd laps to go, I pulled off to the side to not interfere in anyway and I grabbed some popcorn, took my seat in the front row to watch......I soon realised I was going crazy as I started commentating out loud...."5 laps to go, can Jono do it"....."can blindman hold on"......meanwhile I was actually having to push rather hard to try and stay within viewing distance lol..........."Noooooo blindman, the dipper claims another life".......
    After all that, the final lap had arrived and I was able to savour the moment, along with everyone else, completing the first of what will be many demanding endurance races at ROOZ.

A big congrats to Jono and warrior on taking the final podium steps. A special mention to Prostate's blindman/kart duo though, you guys were on it all race and well in contention for a podium result against ROOZ royalty, amazing drive.

Thanks to Warrior, on creating an excellent event and quite the experience. I will be looking forward to the next instalment in the series where I would like to pair up with someone from the brissy area this time.

Cheers
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
    Anon666, SPL Racing, Ad2mny and 6 others like this.
  16. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  18. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    What a night, I turned up to killers place to find his internet not working, then the headset died, then on my final quali lap which I was about half a second faster than my previous lap, the car lost power coming into murrays and I rolled to the line. I was happy enough with 8th place on the grid but then the car lost power on the formation lap again and I couldn't even keep up with the pack. Power came back coming down the mountain and I raced down conrod to take my starting position.

4 wide up mountain straight was an experience but I backed out of the throttle early to make sure I got through cleanly. I was so nervous for the first lap or so as the racing was intense, I wanted to get into a good rhythm and drove at about 95% to keep it clean and not ruin anyone else's race so early on. The next 20 laps was the best racing I have ever had. I had some excellent battles with @skywalker and @N64TheStig007, door handle to door handle racing with no paint shared, pushing drivers of that caliber to the limit was something that I was very happy about. I think we compromised a bit of top end speed for handling as our SLS didn't have the legs down the straights but over the mountain she was a rocket and a joy to drive. A bit of bad luck and a few mistakes saw us drop through the field as the race wore on.
    We were happy just to finish the race and congrats to all that did, I'm super proud of @Killercarlcox69 who pushed it all the way to the line, keeping the pressure on. With some of the names we were competing against im very happy to have finished 8th (7th on our screen cause we never saw blindman the whole race). Congrats to @MINT_GTR for showing us how it's done but I do think he should have to tow a caravan around Nurburgring just to even things out a bit. To the Pro-state boys, well done! To quick for us last night but we will be back to redeem ourselves at the green hell. Thanks @warrior2167 for a great race and exciting series to come, racing alone is fun but having a team mate and jumping in and out of the rig and cheering them on was a huge buzz.

Bad luck to @pykeybraa145 and @Ad2mny for what seemed like a pretty tough night, I'm glad u stuck it out instead of quitting early.
  19. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    It was a great night, throughly enjoyed it. Had a go with Anon's rig and had to ask last minute to switch to mine, as I just kept hitting the walls. Had decent pace, but it was TB who really made the R8 fly, running almost a second and a half quicker during his stint. Had very little battles, holding off CarlCox and Freddy's car during my first stint, but mostly running in clean air by myself.
    Congrats to the podium and everyone else for holding their own in this event, looking forward to the next one warrior.

Special thanks to our team owner, pit crew chief, chief mechanic and chef @Anon666 , who made every possible effort to guarantee the best possible environment for the race drivers. I know those extra 20L you added to my final stint were historically justified ;)
  20. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Great move mate, going side by side into the chase was good fun but I knew it could end up in tears if I kept the boot in so I just tucked in behind and played safe