[Completed] - RACEONOZ Grand Prix du Canada - Winner: The Spectre

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    @WOLFYDADDY007 @Half-Byte, i remember a while back, you guys were saying that either one of you could take the wheel in this car. are either of you guys still keen. if not just let us know. would be a shame to have a seat reserved if one of you two do not intend to run again.

Please inform.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Canadian GP Classic Footage 3/3

Michael Schumacher at his best.

3. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Wolfy is in the other mclaren. Dunno what number yet. His first crack at f1 2016 this arvo. Sweet track for a debut.
    Zachery likes this.
  4. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    awesome man, sounds good
  5. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Wheres the Mercedes drivers at though
    [​IMG]
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    problem is having you as a team mate ;)
  7. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    haha yeah, the common denominator is you :p
    seth123 likes this.
  8. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Yeah need someone to keep up o_O haha
    Zachery likes this.
  9. WOLFYDADDY007

WOLFYDADDY007 Team Driver

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    I've been told 13 is available I'll take it looks like I'm Knuckle's team mate from now on.:cool:
    JonoStan96 and Hatfield like this.
  10. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Yeah. So show up. And dont beat me or you'll be straight back to the side lines. Haha
  11. WOLFYDADDY007

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    Delegated to 2nd driver straight away stamping alpha driver psychology on me already hey ha ha ha ha ha ha :cool:
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    just remember, he can't stamp from the sand trap
    WOLFYDADDY007 likes this.
  13. WOLFYDADDY007

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    Bet he takes a bucket & spade with him hee hee :cool:
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Hard to summarise my feelings after that race, 5th is good points where all around me went awry but again it felt like a wasted chance.

No two ways about it, I was off the pace here, however the split times were fishy indeed. In this type of field with equal cars, being 6 tenths clear of the field in any one sector is eye catching to say the least. The gap of .666 to pole was a catalyst for the hell that laid ahead.

For once I got a poor start, and Beau and I were side by side. I nipped ahead in turn 2 and gave myself some space. I peek back and instantly we're in the wall, another broken front wing but a missing wheel for Beau. I can't see where I'm at fault, I left more than a car width to the left, and I'm still turning right when contact was made, it's clear to me lag was involved.

That brought the SC out and I basically killed my race by taking the softs, I lost a huge amount of time trying to overtake everyone in front of me and the rate of wear was far too great to be of any viability. In hindsight I should have came in a 3rd time for a set of Super Softs to get the perfect balance between speed and durability. After some scary moments with CAGM and Hatfield I was still in the bleachers of the points, some 40+ seconds behind the leaders. Great strategy eh?

My race was further compounded by a glitch which presented me with blue flags when Benny exited the pits behind me, even though it was for position! That lead to a 5 second stop and go. Prior to that though, I was caught up in a few stupid incidents, the first being what appeared to be a ridiculous divebomb from Zharvs at the hairpin which took my front wing off, ending my run on softs. Then at the end of my super soft stint when lapping BlueBounty, in an incident extremely reminicent of what happened to Mint in the Australian GT last weekend we made contact, causing wing damage on the wall. Unfortunately I was out of replacements, meaning my last stint on the ultra softs would be a tough one. I prayed for a Safety Car.

It never came despite a number of retirements. I may be a little disappointed with 5th but it could have been much, much worse. It was a rewarding recovery drive, but a very strange one indeed in what was my 100th Official ROOZ League race. Hard luck to Sam with the pit glitch, 25 points gone in the blink of an eye after dominating proceedings, a huge bummer. Congrats to Spectre for the win, you've shown great pace all season long so I'm very glad you have joined the list of winners this season, and congrats to Beau for taking out the Flyaway Leg.

Onto Baku next and oh dear. Not looking forward to this track at all. On a positive note, 16 turn ups tonight, that's our best attendance yet! And with a few drivers unavailable tonight, can we go even bigger?

Cheers, Jono.
    The_Spectre likes this.
  15. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Jono i read that comment as you implying i pulled some magic in my 3rd sector in qually?

Wanna know why it was so good? i killed everyone off that harpin last night. and with a time already in the top 3, no fuel on board, and a brand new set off US, i was more than willing to end up in the wall of champs on my last qually lap. i was .2 up coming into tue final chicane. and then had a near death experience getting through it. but got through nonetheless.

As for the rediculous dive bomb. ever missed your brake marker due to the insane draft in these things. i have a couple of times and that was one. I was hitting that harpin on the limit all night and messed it up on that occasion. apologies for that. although id call it a mistake on my behalf, not a rediculous divebomb. lets not forget, i sat on the side of the road waiting for you after that incident too mate.
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    Hatfield likes this.
  16. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Interesting race especially to the top runners & congrats to the podium guys - well done!
    My race however wasn't any where near as interesting as I spent 80% of it trying to catch you guys from the back of the train & 2 busted front wings gave me some unwanted downtime in the pits.
    Anyway seeing as though I couldn't match the pace, consistency and strategy was the obvious path to take to try to get to the end. Tried to run 2 stopper starting on US and running on those till about lap 36 then slapped on the softs to take it to the end but tapped the wall on the last chicane damaging my wing pretty bad so had to make another unwanted stop.
    As far as blue flags go, I saw quite a few of those so I tried my best to stay out of the way of the front runners as much as I could, hopefully I didn't hinder anybody's race or slow them down but sometimes incident still happen, hey, that's racing.
    I don't mind being a little slower than you all but at the end of the day I'm enjoying the racing and learning more and more every day.
    To the quicker drivers out there (way too quick for me) - RESPECT.
  17. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Mate, your blue flag behaviour is, as usual, perfect. ive never had any issues coming past you at all.
    The_Spectre and Bounty05 like this.
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    It was more in reference to the gaps in sector 2, not so much in sector 3 where it was pretty obvious liberties were taken in which the wall was not paid respect, which is what you need to do to be quick in F1. Since most of us were using medium traction control unless you were using 1/1 wings I find it extremely hard to believe you can make up that amount of time in what is a straight and 3 corners. Bigger balls I guess. I was slow here anyway.

As for the "missed brake marker", when you almost have to come to a dead stop and reverse the thing to continue, what was I going to assume from my perspective when I moved out of your way to let you through? On heavily worn tyres as opposed to your fresh ones I wasn't going to be much resistance. Anyway it wasn't even that bad, nothing is as bad as my missed brake marker at China! I did appreciate you letting me through though, I thought I mentioned it but I didn't, sorry mate :(
    Zachery likes this.
  19. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Another good race fellas. Aside from the first corner and start of second sector. T1 lost a bit of front wing to bounty and by the time the saftey car came out i lost the rest of it when i didnt stop quick enough from the field slowing for the saftey car. Pit for softs to run long as possible. Made it to lap 30 odd before vsc came out and decided to pit for ss. Some where in there i had to clear @Hatfield who was on a different strategy. Pitted again with around 20 to go. Probably should of went ultras but i wasnt really racing anybody so cruised around in softs which were surprisingly quick in the last 10 laps with no wear and no fuel.

7 races 7 points finishes no penalties. Happy with first leg for sure.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  20. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    all good mate, soory if my response sounds angry lol. woke up and read what i took as accusations first thing. probably shouldve had a coffee before taking it to heart. no hard feelings man. its all good :thumbsup:

if it helps, I almost took out Spectre on the same spot, and hes my team mate lol. i went straight through when i realised i out braked myself to get out of the way as quick as possible, which i tried to do when i came up on you :( . it worked with him (didnt clip him on the way through) but i had to reverse and get back on track there too.

i wouldnt say bigger balls into the last chicane either. more not caring, as i had a decent lap in already. taking the chicane differently (safer, or balls to the Wall) in time trial had resulted in almost a second difference between my PB and failed attempts at a PB. it just happened to go exactly right on my good lap :)
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    JonoStan96 likes this.