[Completed] - RACEONOZ Grand Prix du Canada - Winner: The Spectre

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Also was far from boring. Had @WOLFYDADDY007 waffling on in my ear the whole race informing me of what was going on else where on track.
    JonoStan96 and Hatfield like this.
  2. WOLFYDADDY007

WOLFYDADDY007 Team Driver

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    Do you want strawberries with your WAFFLES:cool:
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  3. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

If it was at monaco i would of turned you off i reakon.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  4. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    did he drop any F bombs when i took him out :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
  5. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Na he was more concerned if he ruined your race. He was just trying to get out of the way. Was handy. He told me there was about to be an accident and be ready to pit. Half a lap later vsc came out lol
    Zachery likes this.
  6. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    haha He did say that to me, but i felt equally as bad. good to get the early warning though eh. i got VSC on pit straigh, just after pit entry lol.
  7. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Worked perfect for me. Id already had warning to change tyres and got vsc going past first drs zone.
    Zachery likes this.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I could've pitted under SC and VSC but didn't... because I am not sure how it will effect my strategy for the rest of the race...

how did it change your strategy pitting under SC or VSC?
  9. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    If the times right, i like to get in and put the sofest compound on under SC. i figure its basically a free stop to put softer tyres on, and the time gained on the softer tyre will outweigh the few seconds in the pits.

eg. the safety car came out when i was midway through my stint on softs last night, so i popped in for SS, gained my spots back and more. I was then still able to make my last stop for Ultras without compromising my race.
  10. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Had to under sc. No front wing. Other wise i wouldnt have. Under the vsc i put quicker tyres on having to pit again. If i didnt i would of stretched to 35 lap final stint.
  11. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    to add to my above SC statement. with the first safety car, i was already on Ultras with barely any wear, so no point in stopping.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    but in another situation, if you were on the softest compound due to qually in top 10, you could pit under early SC for the hardest compound to minimise pitstops right?
  13. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    you could do, yeah, but the time lost in pits + time lost during the period that you couldve been on the softer compound (lap time differences) doesnt add up if your sofer compound has plenty of tread left. add to that the fact that you end up down the order a bit (possibly come out at the back of the train behind SC) IMO not worth it.

Pitstop at canada wasnt too time consuming. so saving around 10-15 seconds by going in under safety car vs a second or 2 per lap saved, staying on the softer compound. after 10 laps youve lost the advantage of dropping a pit stop. and would still have plenty of laps left on the quicker compound.

every situation depends exactly on whats happening at the time. dont think it can be answered either way if you know what i mean.

hope the examples help though :)
  14. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Well in your case when I was tailing you, not pitting under VSC on the worn ultras was like shooting yourself in both feet lol.
    Zachery likes this.
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  16. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Sorry I've been a bit late with this, but drinking shoeys at parties is hard work!

Anyhow, there were no successful protests to come out of Montreal, so the results are offcial, however Beau has received 1 PP for unnecessary chat use during the race.
    The first of the 3 drop rounds have now been applied, however the drop will not apply to the constructors championship.

Penalty Points:
    Jono: 2
    Seth: 1
    Crunch: 1
    Beau: 1
    seth123 likes this.