GT6 [Completed] Rallye de RaceOnOz - Series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Randm90, Nov 12, 2015.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Don't worry, there will be some slidey stuff for Group B after all, we're still trialing various ideas for events.
    arakasi- likes this.
  2. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Some more results from Trial Mountain testing, this time with Group B's.
    Ford RS200: 1:24.9'
    Audi quattro: 1:24.1
    Peugeot 205: 1:24.5*
    Lancia Delta: 1:24.2^
    'oil change
    *80kg at front
    ^90kg at front

Note: While we do have a more close field here, the Ford is still further of an outlier than hoped, and it is difficult to make them closer without ruining the other cars.

Tomorrow the modern WRC's will be balanced.
  3. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    They can be set to Free Run or Practice/Race, but not Time Trial. But what we could do is allow one driver at a time to set a time during the "Race" session. And at the end of each run, everyone will be able to see the time via the "results" screen.

Also, some good hillclimbs I found on GTPlanet:
    https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/san-fernando-hillclimb.2867/download?version=3015
    https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/montemaggiore.2027/download?version=2032
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
    Randm90 likes this.
  4. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    We'll be finishing the testing tonight and then post how the series will be run and won. Connor and I have tried to take as much input from everyone as we can, and we appreciate the help :)
    Randm90 likes this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I wrote up some pace notes for eiger rally from a vid I found of a guys lap in the group B audi S1...more to come hopefully
    Randm90 likes this.
  6. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    Doing final testing for the modern WRC cars as we speak guys, will post up whats on the agenda as soon as Jono and I are done, thanks for your patience :)

Ad good to hear Hat! Ill make up pace notes for the custom Point to points i make, and thanks Bryan! Everyone else please feel free to post up good Point to point that you think may be fun ('specially in the group B cars) jono and I will be creating5 tracks each too
  7. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    OP updated guys
    Tracks coming soon, then car selections will open :)
  8. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Track list will be posted on Saturday night :)
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    interested mainly as a co-driver
  10. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    I might be interested
  11. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Sorry @Randm90 , gonna have to pull out of this:( New work situation means it too late on a week night for me. Will be hard enough just doin S8
    Cheers
    Randm90 likes this.
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Just codrove a recorded a lap with @N64TheStig007 & @Bryan_F at Eiger K (the long one)
    So much fun...heart racing and I'm not even driving!!
    Randm90 and REVO_Bryan like this.
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Trying to keep the voice low to not wake up the kids but clear enough for @Bryan_F to hear me
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  15. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    Oh no! Bummer mate :/
    If it was a saturday series would that work smoother? Or is any day going to be a tough ask?
  16. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Saturday nights usually 'date night' with the Mrs for me. I usually try and get on at some stage if i can, but......
    Basically, most Roozers seem to be night owls, but my job means i'm an early bird. I usually have to log off during the week by about 7:30/8:00 Qld time, which is when most event's are started. :poop: for me :(
    Keep me down as a possible/maybe/probably not.
    I will still try and make what i can, if i can, but don't want to be "That Guy" who enters but never shows.
    Cheers bud.

P.S.- on the bright side, my new job means i should be able to buy a new PS4 set-up by the time GTSport comes out :D:D Just gotta put in the hours.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  17. mmm_homebrew

mmm_homebrew harry

PSN ID
    mmm_homebrew or GT_BANDIT_POPS
    i don't know how to post a link to the best hillclimb track i have been to, it's in my track collection and it's called "switch back awesome " it was made by andyc and he may have a link to it on his blog page gtqld.blogspot.com.au this is the guy that runs the thursday night room that first introduced me to hillclimbs
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Good to try out that hillclimb tonight brew.
    Got the pace notes done but probably need to add a bit more complexity as those hairpins are nasty
  19. andyc709292

andyc709292 New Recruit

PSN ID
    Andyc709292
    G'day folks.
    Thanks for the use of the track - not sure how to share it out as a link, other than on my GT6 page etc.
    Also, happy to take steer on changes and construct more tracks, certainly I enjoy the challenge of making a good climb.

Cheers
    Andy
    Randm90, Hatfield and Viperzed like this.
  20. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    OKAY GUYS! After me having a lapse of doing absolutely jack :poop:... It's time to get this show on the road.
    I'll be (throughout the weekend and early week) looking through and selecting hill climbs, and taking hill climbs people have suggested and making that round up and working on track selections for the event, then we can finally get this thing started :) I'm looking at a start by Thursday the 18th of Feb, if Thursday works? Let me know if you can't do Thursdays. :)