GT6 [COMPLETED] ROOZ VS ANZGT TEAM EVENT

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by carn_the_pies, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)
    My ps3 just froze on me when I went to watch it
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Yeah that's what happened to me as well :/
    I tried to hold up Hezza as much as possible for you as well haha
  3. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Well done guys, and Scotty well done getting the NSX up there too.
    Cyber_STIG_77 and JonoStan96 like this.
  4. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)
    Haha thanks, I was quite dissapointed when I had to pit again, was 1 minute 14 seconds ahead of second at one stage!
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  5. MONSTAR

MONSTAR Team Driver

Horrible race for me. Qualified ok got a good start almost jumped "come and get me" but he ghosted into turn 1 which put me off. Stayed in him for a while had a couple if chances to dive bom but choose not too. Then I lost it but quickly caught him and hezza up again but my tyres were rooted. Thought I could get the undercut on them but then my new tyres had no grip and was struggling for pace. Tyres quickly lost all grip and rears were wearing faster then the fronts, wtf? NSX decided I hadn't had enough pain yet so thought we would do some circle work in a few corners for good measure. N64 did a good job by letting me through but I spun it again caught him back and passed but I got a lag punt into last ciicane. You weren't even anywhere near me lol. Was strange. Race was all but over for me. 6 or 7 spins
    I should if finished second. Pretty disappointed with the out come tbh.
    Did a 2:02:9xx lap which was nice.
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Well it was a largely uneventful race for me, I made mincemeat of the ANZ guys ahead, and moved into 5th by lap two, a 5 place improvement. I had no idea I had taken Joe out somewhere, I was pretty disappointed with that. The scariest moment was having great speed out of Radillion and going in between Zampli and an ANZ guy. I couldn't believe I pulled that off with no one crashing.

By the time the field got into a rhythm, I was dropping from the lead pack rapidly. The Supra's lack of pure pace was really frustrating as I was driving like a madman! Cyber did more than what I could, which was good for the team but not for me lol.

In terms of fights with ANZ guys, it was relatively quiet. I was baulked at the Bus Stop when lapping one of them,
    changing their line and outbraking us, but it didn't matter. I nearly was spun by a GTR, and I tried to help rotor by holding up Hezza. The tyre glitch really did not do me any favours as I was around 3 seconds slower in the 2nd stint. And the mediums? Just awful. But I'm very happy to have helped out in what was a great day for RaceOnOz.com.

Cheers, Jono
  7. zampli

zampli Team Driver

U were lucky the anz dude was on the grass I doubt we would have fit three wide.(at least I think that's what happened).
    Pretty :):):):)e race tbh but couldn't expect much more given lack of interest in gt recently. And tyre bug pissed me off even more tonight.
  8. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Big ups to Warrior, I ran his tune and although I wasn't the fastest (my doing not the tune) it was good on the tyres and my first stint took me to lap 20, then another 8 laps on my second set of softs before switching to the mediums for the last two laps. Lots of 8 and 9 second laps (with some sneaky 6s) with the odd 14 giving way to teammates. Such a good race was nice to be pretty consistent even if slow and a bit lonely.

Thought I would have a good battle with one of their gtrs but he ghosted through me to pass ??? Weird. I caught the dirt and lost him after that.
    Thanks to carn for organising it, and to the team for all the tuning support.
  9. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    pretty annoyed to have missed the race. but we won anyway and from what it seemed to be quite easily too.

tyre bug needs to be fixed though if we are going to have a pitstop.

other wise put wear off for the next race, its a joke.
  10. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Well that felt pretty good!!
    Alot of drama before the race with Mustafur missing, Cyber unable to get in, then a whole lot of bollocks about pace cars
    coming out if they crashed!!? wtf!. Was settling into my quali run when a 'white tailed spider' decided to drop onto my face
    and i made an emergency stop trying to kill it!
    Start was good and clean from where i was sitting,5th, but Monstar & Jono were on a charge so i let them by. 800mtrs further on
    Jono's supra decided to teleport back into my Lexus and with a mamoth bang sent me into the wall - could not believe it! - ANZGT must have
    setup the room with the stickiest sand possible as every car cruized by while i crawled out.
    More determined than ever i set off after anybody i could reach - fell apond most of the anzgt guys who were having a party all by themselves
    sliced and diced my way through them .Very satisfing! :)
    Ran my tyres into the ground hoping to under cut a few drivers (which worked!)
    Not sure what happened next - pitted lap 28 and put the RM's on - was expecting to finish 6th but had a nice surprize waiting for me at the finish line - anzgt guy who was 2nd tried to change tyres on the last lap and the pitcrew refused - handing me 5th.
    Really enjoyed that!
  11. MONSTAR

MONSTAR Team Driver

The old pace car trick lol.
    Seriously we should consider not racing them again after they try to change rules at the 11th hour. They wernt much chop anyway.
  12. WAC

PSN ID
    I was so confused about what was going on - when they started calling us 'sooks' for questioning the changes i could feel
    ROOZ blood starting to boil! lol
    I laughed at the end when Kenty calls out that they had got 2/3 of the podium - wtf - i think you will find your 'ace' is still in the pits getting
    his knob polished by the pitcrew mate!
    KoAStR, JonoStan96 and leeboy910 like this.
  13. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    When yo goto race results, it shows qually results first, which is where that prolly came from.
    Did anyone else notice the guy who called us sooks rage quit? Pykee piked it!
  14. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    I didnt think the banter was meant to be serious..bit of fun :):):):) stirring was my take on it.
    Some of the last minute regs were a bit baffling I.e pace car and grip on low but I guess what may seem normal to our culture here at ROOZ is not the same elsewhere...they probably think us not tuning at running TC is odd as well.
    Anyway given Rotor won the race I think we should let him have the final say on the next race? with input from others as well?

Some ideas off the top off the head
    Street cars Europe vs Asia?
    Super GT 500 or 300 with our regs?
    A wet race? (Joe would love that)
  15. WAC

PSN ID
    Yes i suppose your right Carn - guess they were just getting into the sprint of the competition.
    They were respectful drivers on the track so you can't really ask for more than that.
    and yes...you know i like it wet!!
  16. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    What about European coupes? (Mercedes, Audi, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, BMW etc.)
    Sports Tyres, low HP limit (make it more about handling than raw power)
    Use our regs, none of this compound change stuff, just hard-arsed racing in quick road cars
    WAC likes this.
  17. MONSTAR

MONSTAR Team Driver

1 make
    No tuning
    SS tyres
    Ad2mny and WAC like this.
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!