GT6 [COMPLETED] Season 1 Race of Champions

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by t_b_williams, Jan 28, 2014.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    WELL DONE BRUCE YOU LEGEND!
  2. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Great job Bruce! congratulations! on the epic win mate and great job to the rest of the guys :) was a great race with a great challenge.Sad to see the brz go.But on to bigger and better things
  3. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Huge congratulations Bruce. Well deserved. Keep that pace on the up buddy.
  4. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Podium
    BJH1012
    N64 ------------DoogleDave
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  5. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Now to start organizing ROC3 for season 2..................................

entries:- Reigning champ - BJH................................................
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  7. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Congratulations BJ!!
  8. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Once my HSC half yearly's are wrapped up there will be a report for ROOZ News, I can't wait to get cracking on it!
  9. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Massive Grid. Looks Awsome.
    [​IMG]
    Bj never looked back, Well done mate.
    [​IMG]
    Fastest lap, surprise surprise went to Warrior with a 1:24.241
    [​IMG]
    JonoStan96 and bjh1012 like this.
  10. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Congrats again to BJ. Absolutely great race and well done to stay out in front.
    I pushed as hard as I dared to try and make up the ground but in the end only managed to halve the 13 second gap.
    I got off to a crap start and both Emmo and Hatfield had me by turn 1 but thankfully I managed to get out in front of the Div 4 pack and stay there. I think due to the room settings (being on Low?), Emmo was lagging all over the pace and I was paranoid getting too close to pass because I didn't want to be lag punted off the track, but finally saw an opportunity and just went for it. I am guessing it was the room settings as Emmo and I often battle during our Div 4 races and this is the first time I've seen him lag (and so badly).

Once I moved into 2nd place I put my head down and just tried to hit consistant times, keeping my pace as high as I could. I could see Hatfield behind trying to catch me and I knew if he did he'd be too strong for me so I continued to push it and held the gap....and although I was making marginal gains on BJ, I could see I just wasn't going to catch him before the race was over - unless he were to crash.

It wasn't until the last couple of laps when I saw Jono powering along behind me that I could see I was now in trouble and on the last lap he caught me down the back straight and I knew I'd lost 2nd place to him. I stayed on his tail as best I could for the remaining few corners but knew he wouldn't make a mistake and took home the 3rd place instead. I was slightly disappointed in losing 2nd place after holding it for so long but a podium is a podium, so still very happy with my effort and in the third place - amongst very talented drivers.

Had it been a 25 lap race, I think it would have been a very different ending, with the Div 1 guys possibly catching BJ and mixing it up for everyone at the end.
    Again, well done to BJ for an awesome effort to stay out so far in front and great driving by Jono to move up the pack and secure 2nd position right at the end of the race.

Looking forward to season 2 now :)
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
    bjh1012 and JonoStan96 like this.
  11. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Great racing guys, unfortunataly I had spent the afternoon in bed with an aching gut, and it was still very uncomfortable racing last night. Plan A was to get ahead of my fellow div 4 guys and try to catch BJ. I got a good start to lead my group but I noticed immediately over the first 2 laps that Bj was actually pulling away, At the end of lap 2 I clouted the pit wall and that let Dave onto my tail, he drew up beside down the back straight and we raced side by side around the corner at the end of the straight, In attempting to get the power down to stay ahead I ended up with a minor tank slapper and Dave was away and Hatfield also got by. I stayed with them for a few laps still seeing that the gap to BJ was growing and I knew if I was going to salvage a good place I had to get back on terms with the other Div 4 guys before the fast guys arrived. On lap seven I was gaining on them slightly but as I swept around the right hander before the second tunnel I put a wheel off the track and was sideways across the road head on into the wall. I could see the Div 3 and 5 guys powering up towards me and scrambled to get out of their way, I quickly reversed off the wall and dived forward against the wall on the right side of the tunnel, unfortunately they ploughed into me and I know Evil and Gary suffered badly, not sure about the others, I'm really sorry about that guys.. I waited until they got themselves going again and slunk off feeling very foolish. For the next half lap I had three big red circles of damage to my car and knew my race was over. I settled down trying to do good clean laps and comparing myself to Bj by watching the gap. Most laps he was inching away and every now and then I would pull him back a bit, but mostly he was quicker.
    I moved aside and let the faster guys through as they came up to pass and could see that when the div 1 guys arrived they still had a lot of work to do to catch Bj.
    Congrats to Bj, you did exactly what you had to do, fast and consistent, thank heaven that Capa didn't start and give you another 7 seconds head start. Well done to N64 for a good clean run through the pack and also to Dave for upholding Div 4 honours with a well earned podium. Now to find a way to qualify for the next ROC.
    DoogleDave, bjh1012 and JonoStan96 like this.
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I can't access the HOF threads at the moment and have reported it to the mods, once that is sorted I will add these results to the HOF
    t_b_williams likes this.
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I hope you're feeling better today mate.
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    a little, off the the doc's at 2:30.
  15. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    get your self better emmo and running on all 8 cylinders get well emmo
    CHEERS BJ
    emmo46 likes this.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks BJ
  17. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yeah not sure either Emmo, Stumbles noticed that there are a few issues with the mod's permissions. Hold tight and we'll find out from KC when he's around next.
  18. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Just a quick note guys. I know it doesnt affect this ROC but for the next one I worked out the lap time % gain for each division and will apply that to the FL's from the entries in the upcoming season. Hopefully this will give us a closer race with the div 1 guys able to get closer and the lower div's not able to maintain the gap. Not to take anything away from bruce's win, it was great. Bruce increased his speed by 2.2% while div 1 was only 1%. Goes someway to explaining why Div 1 didn't catch anyone who didn't make (or got caught up in) a mistake.
    JonoStan96 and Anon666 like this.
  19. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014