GT6 COPPER HTO SUPER GT SERIES SEASON III

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by VARDZ, Jun 2, 2015.

1. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    The guys at PD who choose what words to sensor have something wrong with their heads...
    Wth is wrong with wedgey/wedgy??

Anyways...

My pace here during pre-season testing was a bit optimistic, considering I testing at a higher BHP that what the Z ended up on.
    Well... last night proved it wasn't all that great coming in at 2nd last during qualy.

Start was average.. kept position for a few corners but being a little too cautious gave @Cyberstig1 the chance to pass.
    Dropped back a few more seconds while the car was getting warmed up which gave me a chance to get my bearings and settle in for the long haul.
    A spin here and there by the others gifted me a spot or two but I was still down a little on @Kart-No-1, @emmo46 and @agolfer78 who were sticking together like glue.
    @agolfer78 eventually dropped off, and I managed to pull myself on to the tail end of the @Kart-No-1 and @emmo46 battle.
    For the next 30 odd laps, it was chasing these 2 guys and hoping for some kind of mistake.
    Round of applause for all 3 of us to keep it going for so long without any major incidents!
    I made very slight contact with @emmo46 early on going into the 1st corner, which luckily enough didn't spin him out.
    Then late into the battle, slightly rear-ended @Kart-No-1 which was enough to push him off his line, but not hard enough to ruin his race either.
    Apologies to both you guys for that.. just a lapse of concentration on my side.
    Halfway mark came and went and the guys started their pit strategies. My front left was down to 4 but my times were still very consistent so I stayed out hoping for a late race tyre advantage.
    Took the lead (I'm assuming this as I couldn't see @Viperzed) for a lap or two before pitting.
    Just as I entered the pits, the kid decided to wake up. Ran off to make sure he didn't fall out of bed, and came in to see him hanging off the side of the bed already trying to climb down. Set him onto the floor and ran back and jumped back on the couch just as the car was leaving the pits and the autopilot turned itself off.
    Sorry to whoever was passing me then, as I was still frantically trying to gather myself.
    Urgh! When I jumped back on the couch, I gave myself a wedgy which I couldn't get rid of for quite a while as I was back to racing with @Kart-No-1 and @emmo46 for a bit.
    My kid then decided to wander out to the lounge and stand right next to my wheel, looking back and forth at the TV, me and then the wheel. I knew what he was thinking... *Daddy... can I play too?* ... he was just standing there... watching...
    Probably for a good 5 laps or so.. it was a bit distracting lol
    Luckily it wasn't too long before he heard mum getting out of the bathroom and crawled over to her.

As the rain started coming down more heavily, on lap 50 or 51 at the fast right sweeper, following @Kart-No-1, I managed to hit a puddle of water which left me with no steering and going straight into the sand trap!
    @emmo46 was right behind me and I bet he was cheering his luck until he hit the same puddle and decided to follow me!
    @Kart-No-1 the lucky pri*** was just there early enough to miss it!
    Got back on track and stayed out for a few more laps but saw that people were starting to spin out a lot more so decided enough was enough and jumped into the pits for some Inters.
    In hindsight, maybe Wets would have been a bit better as the Inters didn't really seem to be giving me much grip either.
    I still had to slow down to a crawl at the hairpins and even then, power delivery needed to be spot on, otherwise I was seeing more grass.

It was a great race until the rain came... stupid rain... lol
    Easyprey007, Kart-No-1 and emmo46 like this.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It was great racing with you and Kart, It got a bit hectic towards the end though
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  3. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    What the hell just happened!?
    Qualifying: Had a little bit of pace and managed to get into Q2 but had some guy in a red GTR impede me on my second last lap ;) Q2 I was no where, screwed all my laps thanks to being impeded AGAIN.....this time by a German and a Tomahawk....

Race: So I started 4th and stuck underneath @VARDZ until I let mistakes in and slipped down into 7th :/ From there I worked a 22 second gap down to 6 flat for the pit stops, then the rain began. @v8power383 still had a lead at this point as Vardz began to slip and slide off track and ultimately rage quit due to a lack of wet tires. From there I hounded v8 before realising it was too wet and pealed in for Inters. I timed this F*#^ing perfectly. I started gaining on v8 by close to 3 seconds a lap and when he pitted I just pulled away and lapped everyone!!! Crazy race towards the end. Well done podium!!
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    lol did @VARDZ really forget to buy wets? He is the event organiser!!!
    Viperzed and B-Spec Bob like this.
  5. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I think he said he bought them but the pit crew forgot them. Little bit similar to my debacle last week.
    Speaking of debacles my pit strategy ruined my race. Got second on the grid, holding down second place til pit stop, second fastest lap...then put inters on coz it had been raining for 10 laps and i thought the track would get wet. Didn't get wet til my inters were wrecked did it. Geez its hard to drive fast on inters on a dry track. Pitted again and put softs on thinking it must be gonna stop raining soon. It didn't. I couldn't stay on the track so I went back to the pits for inters again. By this time wets were required and I was over it. Crawled around to finish last. Didn't quit tho!
    Had a great race for awhile with Vardz and V8 and then just V8, I could get beside him just couldn't make the pass stick....might have to be a bit more pushy in the future. Congrats Viperzed, good strategy and well done V8 using softs in the wet
    Viperzed likes this.
  6. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    I had them for my practice car but not my race car:(
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    overcomplicating things never works out in the end does it...
  8. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Geez Vardz you can't even call it a rookie error. Takes some serious planning to do that. At least you don't lose any power eh!
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    just imagine his thought train when the rain started coming down...
    "ah here comes the rain...time to pit for some wets and still be on for a good result"
    "and slow for pit entrance....good ok no fuel needed, annnnnddddd change tires.....wat"
    "WHERE ARE MY BLOODY WETS?????"
    "obscenities"
    Vardz has left the room
    SuiCid3 and Viperzed like this.
  10. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    AHAHAHAHAHAHA if only he wasn't room host
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    He is till 5th on the table, does he still lose points?
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    are there any results for this yet?
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    v8 had both poles, Viper had FL
    1. Viper
    2. V8
    3 Kart
    4 Emmo
    5 Suicide
    6 Cyberstig
    7. Incey
    8. Vardz DSC
    9. Agolfer DSC
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  15. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    If i am able to make a race @VARDZ are you happy if i run in the team xanavi gtr I was originally going to race as my spot on the team was never filled. That's if Mus is not fussed
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    killercarl is in Xanavi now...
  17. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

@Killercarlcox69 won't be participating for the remainder of the season I believe.
  18. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Happy to run base model as the OP hadn't been updated
  19. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    [​IMG]

8th Vardz ...Waved the white flag with no wets available to him @ lap 58
    9th AGolfer dsc approx lap 47