Division 1 (S6)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by carn_the_pies, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Let's make a date for 9pm Aussie.
  2. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah no probs m8, ur time or mine?
  3. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

NSW time.....ima be late anyways....9:30
  4. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I jumped on tonight after fixing my pedals (thank you for the advice Cyber), and after barely being able to break the 2 minute mark, I was straight into the 56s. It made so much difference being able to pull up in time for the corners! LOL
  5. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

What's that fix trick? ! I've got 2 sets of logitech force GT pedals, both playing up!

I keep chocking-up the pivot in the set that drags the brakes, to take the play out, but that lasts shorter & shorter every time.
    The other set has a glitchy throttle pot. Grrr.

Ps I'm struggling with 1:59's at Suzuka. Aaarrrgghhh!
  6. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I was having problems with a sticking accel and brake pedal (in game sticking, not actual physical sticking). Cyber told me to get some electrical contact cleaner and spray some in the opening on the sides of the pots and give em a bit of a working. It worked a treat. I spent ages looking for a solution on the net, but people were mostly talking about replacing the pots, which i knew I wouldn't be able to do before the weekend races. Thanks again to Cyber for the advice.
  7. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Man I've been getting a bit of throttle stickage for about a month now on my clubsport pedals, haven't even looked into what I can do to fix it tbh, probably just needs a clean out, it sort of happens for a while then I'll accelerate through a turn and next time I take my foot off to hit the brakes it's gone, it can be troublesome in the low speed corners as it tends to send me understeering wide, bit of a pain but if it happens I just start riding the brake, haha, not the quickest way round but eh, who cares!
  8. jezza1

jezza1 Rookie

sorry everyone, but once again i wont be able to join todays race. id like to show up today but i cant this time around, ill definetly be there for the finish next week though
  9. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Damn you Jezza! Once i win the championship it wont feel right knowing you missed 3 races LOL.
  10. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

FK! Playstation Network!

FK!

Dropped out from server in qualifying, PS3 hard-locked when I went to re-join, now it won't even sign-in to the network!

FK!

(how was everyone's race?)
  11. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Good racing fellas! Season 6 number 2 win for me! Grats to Enforcer and Stig who rounded out the podium!

After getting my pedals fixed earlier this week, I found I could get some pretty good pace around Suzuka in the Vette. Beforehand I was struggling with 2 min flat runs....but managed to get into the low 1 min 56s. Qualy went well for me. I did my out lap, then on my first flyer I snagged a 1:56.3. I was pretty happy with that so decided to park the car and chill for the rest of qualy. I managed to snag pole despite Snake, Cyber, and Blue puting in some quick ones.

I decided to go with a 2 stop strat for the race. I knew it would be rough if I drove too aggressively, so I tried to keep it smooth and consistant, while still maintaining my lead. When most of the field pitted on lap 8 i knew I would have a good chance at victory as I saw a lot of the other guys chewing out thier tyres fighting for position. I pitted on lap 10 as planned, and came out a few seconds behind Blue. It took me about 4 laps to reel him in, then he did his 2nd pit stop on lap 16, which gave me quite a large lead. Stig held 2nd using a similar strat to me.

I pitted on lap 20 and came back out right with Blue and Enforcer, who were already on 5 lap old rubber with another stop still to go. I was in good shape. Stig dropped back to 5th after his stop, but came back to 3rd after Cyber pitted and Blue tried to do the last 14 laps on 1 set of tyres (fail lol). I ended up winning by 22 seconds with Enforcer coming home second. Well done to Stig with his 2 stop strat. In the end I think it was the way to go.

PS. Bad luck to Natman and Neishy, who had network dramas.
  12. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    DIVISION 1 Race results, round 6, Suzuka, 30 laps enduro.

FINISHING ORDER. BEST LAP.

1st - chevwah. 1.56.620.
    2nd - ENFORCER_98. 1.57.035.
    3rd - thestig-13. 1.58.622.
    4th - Cyber_stig_77. 1.56.347.
    5th - blueyonder-666-. 1.56.850.
    6th - SNAKEiSM. *1.56.194.*
    7th - NOS_bonus_888. 2.01.325.
    8th - JAIRO-219. DNF.
    9th - natmanscoop. DNS.
    10th - NOS_Neishy4A-gte. DNS.
  13. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Well done Chev, I don't think you ever had to worry about me in qualy mate, I'd had one practice session earlier in the afternoon for about half an hour, my pb was a 56.8 then, only managed a 57 flat in qualy, was disappointed for sure, honestly though, once those crickets started jumping at my face every 5 minutes during the race I was :):):):)ed anyway, I found myself letting go of the wheel every time I almost ended up with a bug in my mouth, haha, probably caused me to go off 5 or 6 times, any other incidents I had were purely driver error, about another 5 or so :lol:

I was honestly very close to rage quitting last night, the closest I've ever been, I really needed to practice more beforehand, Suzuka can be very unforgiving and last night, she bit me, ohhhh she bit me hard! Well done to the podium finishers though, job well done.
  14. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte

I had the exact same thing, PSN shut me out completely after getting DCed as qually finished.
  15. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    wheres are the points tables ?
  16. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Same place they've been for the last couple of seasons.....
    Stickied under GT5 League (Season 6 Championship Ladders)

OR use the BIG RED button in the forum banner that says CHECK LEAGUE LADDER!
  17. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I'm gonna run some laps tonight at about 9:30 edst if anyone is keen.
  18. jezza1

jezza1 Rookie

lol, damn you chev!

look how close the points are for division 1 now, pretty close. it should be a good race
  19. jezza1

jezza1 Rookie

has daylight savings ended yet? im not sure if it has or not. what time is the race
  20. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I told Blue i'd get at least 2nd in the championship, he dismissed it pretty quick. I know I can do it. Bring it on boys.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.