Division 1 Season 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 6, 2014.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I was just looking at the incident, and yeah, it definitely looks like you were forced off. I can understand though that you ran wide and Dan may have thought that he was already past, but it was big push. You give people free passes?
  2. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

When im certain I can't keep pace with them I just prefer to sit behind them and try to keep pace with them, dont let many through easy, as you can see at another few points in that race
  3. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Hmm... I'm the opposite, if I'm in a good position, but I know I'm slower, I'll defend like crazy. E.g, Me vs Rotor at Monaco in Season 12.

Speaking of which, has anyone heard from Rotor lately? I'm starting to get worried.
  4. Benjamin J Smith

Yer have have my times where I just think :):):):)em and block, but try not to do it because not only does it slow down my race it slows down there race aswell. But in the case with Dan I should have taken the corner properly then let him pass, but next time im not even going to look at the rear view

then again im not to sure how I even got in front of him, I think Mustafur borked the start then Dan tried going around the outside while I went the inside, plus I also got a awesome start 5th to 3rd
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  5. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Hi everyone,

Thanks heaps for placing me in Div 1. From what I have seen and the few guys I have driven with in rooms, you guys are seriously quick and have an amazing understanding amongst each other of clean racing, which is awesome and I am stoked to be apart of. :D

As a newbie to the room and slotting in towards the end of the season, I will do my best to not get involved in any crazy fights for position which will hurt someone's position in the championship. I respect the hard work you guys have put in and I am happy to just deal with my anxiety attack I am going to have in the first race.:eek:

So look forward to meeting everyone on Sunday or the practice rooms before then. :)

Also can I please have number #8 and colour, Dark Grey Pearl/White wheels

Cheers
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Just a general reminder to all drivers regarding corner cutting for this round..

The Silverstone circuit has a noticeable number of corners where you can get away with cutting, and a potential to gain an advantage.

Any drivers who "continually" or "intentionally" cut corners to gain advantage will be handed a post race penalty.

For a brief rundown of the penalties for different offenses please look at the link below, and check out the third post down where it highlights the penalty for certain offenses.

http://raceonoz.com/threads/rules-regulations.70/#post-4416

We will be looking closely at this round, especially fastest laps and positions gained.

Cheers
    mod team
  7. Benjamin J Smith

Don't worry I will be there
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  8. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    [​IMG]
    Dan Holland got fastest lap even though Warrior was highlighted as you can see.
  9. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Yeah, something weird going on with the fast lap screen since the update... Good ol' PD, fix the fluff and screw something else up...lol
  10. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Also race probably needs a review, VH said racing he was involved in had alot of dirty driving.
  11. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Damn pretty close in the laptimes....
  12. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Is there anyway someone can send me the replay of tonight, I completely forgot to save it, rookie error I know :(Just want to watch the epic battle zampli and I had. What an awesome race, thanks guys for a cracker intro to the league :D
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  13. Benjamin J Smith

I didn't mind that race was fun keeping pace with Dan until I stuffed it. The only reasons I fell back was because I getting a bit keen coming out of the 2 hair pins, and my run in with cyber late into the race (sorry about that, saw a gap and it closed on me) other then those 3 problems it was good, last lap at the final few turns would have been the best, past Cyber_STIG_77 at the big right hander after the straight, seen this gap open every lap for about 7 laps but finally got it up the inside with a little contact(again) as I was going past, but coming into the last 3 turns I braked earlier then usual which cause cyber to hit me making me go wide and past me. But that didn't bother me because I had an awesome battle with him for 8 laps before trading paint. Kept me behind him for that long he could have it.
  14. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    congrats mustafur. Our race was awesome and the final lap was just epic, it looked even better on replay. I couldn't count the number of times we swapped places.

Here's what 0.039 looks like.
    [​IMG]

Having seen the replay I would have to side with vh_mik. I won't go into any detail here but he was definitely hard done by.
    Cyber_STIG_77 and Mustafur like this.
  15. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Was a really good and exciting race, i found alot of pace on sunday morning when I practised offline then translated it to online and was really comfortable around maggots and backetts and the last sector.
    In qualifying I felt I did do good , but I could of done more in the first sector, I don't think I could of got close to warriors second sector time as I felt I did a clean run there and he gained 4 tenths on me there.

Anyway in the race I felt pretty comfortable staying with warrior, and for the first time since Trial Mountian felt I had enough in reserve to insure I can stay with him if i fall back a bit, was going well till mid race when insects in my room starting playing with my feet and i couldn't get them off. It was hugely anoying and was costing me a second a lap however i was still in the lead at this stage so it was okay, after a few laps I managed to kill the cockarouch and get back into the 6s, thats when warrior went up a notch and passed me and tried to make a break for it.
    He almost did as i went out of the draft for about half a lap, but I managed to get back behind him and then for the last few laps it was an epic battle changing postions untill he made a mistake on the 3rd last corner and went too wide and I managed to get on the inside of him and get around him at the last chicane which allowed me to take my first win of the season.
    Crunch and Ad2mny like this.
  16. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Holy moly that's a close finish!
  17. Benjamin J Smith

I can't remember much what happen with him but I remember following him and Dan down the first long straight and they were pushing each other, then looking at the replay I saw I him turn across me and spin out. On my screen during the race I didn't even feel a hit or see him turn across me I just thought I got a good run on him out of the turn then look back and he was gone.
  18. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Warrior got pole?
  19. Benjamin J Smith

Yes, time unknown
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Damn. And I thought the race between TB and I was close!