Division 1 Season 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 6, 2014.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks
  2. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Sorry guys, I couldn't make it for the final round, my internet had other plans and decided to give me little to no internet starting an hour before the race, cheers Optus :cool:
    Sounds like i wasn't the only one with server issues which is disappointing for race night but congrats warrior on another win and can't wait for season 2 with everyone :D
  3. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    You probably did the most practice laps Mint, you would have done well.
  4. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Cheers anon, you guys are quick so I got a put in the practice time :) I was pretty excited for this round but hey the Optus gods made the decision for me :rolleyes:
    Hopefully Bathurst makes it into the second season so I can have a crack at it ;)
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  5. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I have a feeling it'll be in there somewhere.
    Crunch and MINT_GTR like this.
  6. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Good race, and great championship Warrior. Just wish I saw the front guys a lot more so I can appreciate what stellar performances they are... I'm hoping the new car is much easier to qualify in, because I don't have any one lap pace.

Just because Bathurst was so significant, I'll make a fleshed out post. Normally for leagues, I post in this format for every race, but I haven't been inspired all season.

I guess I'm the only stupid one on the whole website to try and stop 0 times? LOL. I wish I knew how impossible it was before starting. I'll be practising next season. I still do zero practice...

Qualifying: 10th
    At the start, I was following (and possibly distracting Fastboysmith) to try and slipstream, because I know I need any advantage I can get in qualifying. I guess it didn't work, and I still came last as usual...

Race: 7th
    I felt I started well, but once again, I was disappointed to be in the same situation as every week getting stuck in the back group. I always reckon if I can just tag onto the end of the front pack, I can keep up, but I can't pump out laps to recover anything.

Make sure you fullscreen this because the BBCode is playing up... not to mention I only rendered in 480p to save size, but I kept the bitrate so it should be alright on fullscreen unless you have a 1080 or higher monitor.

From the end of the video, I gave up IMMEDIATELY, and that's when I got the nerve to try and not stop in the pits at all. The tyres were easy I could see, but I realised the fuel was going to be VERY marginal. I'm used to driving the F1 games, so fuel saving is normally very easy there. Dial it down and shift on the red rather than the purple blips. Two laps and you recover about a lap of fuel with only a one second delta to the race pace per lap. Gran Turismo is clearly heaps different, but I did manage to conserve fuel, because I went about 5 laps longer than the rest of the field. I wasn't sure whether to shift at 6,500 or plug it into 6th gear at 5,500 revs on Conrod... about 2 thirds through the race I guessed that the most fuel was being used at the Chase because you hit the limiter there, so I always had zero throttle through that until the braking zone. Lots of using momentum from Skyline onwards helped as well. I also tried to slipstream as much as possible, but that had negative effects on Conrod.

Anyway, it didn't work. xD The delta was about 3 seconds per lap, (2 with help from someone in front) and it was just impossible.

So once again, I only get my place because others disconnected. If 'whoever it was' didn't ask about mandatory pitting at the start, I might have made two positions if I kepy going. Oh well.
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  7. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Got to say, it would have been a miracle for you to have done the whole race without a splash and dash. Zamps asked the question before the race, but it's too long a race and GT6 doesn't do fuel conservation that well.

Watched the replay and you were lapping clean and hitting the apexes nicely, pity about the lag punt. We never seemed to get lag punts like this previously in GT?? Other rooms are having guys getting punted by cars that are half a track away. I wonder if PD are just leaving 6 as is in order to bring out 7 asap. Don't know, but please let there be a substantial update soon!!
    stucar17 and Ad2mny like this.
  8. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Thanks everyone, it was a great season 1st season on GT6 with awesome battles in most of the races. Hopefully the tyre glitch is fixed up for next season so it opens up the strategy in the races.

Special thanks to Ad2mmy for editting all the race reports, emmo and hatfield for the time you put in getting the ladders and fastest laps sorted and to all the mod team for putting this all together

And lets not forget to thank our sponsors this season QV Software, Thrusmaster, Turtle Beach and The Gamesmen
  9. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Already sounds like a race car driver already
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield