Division 1 Season 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Putting a call out to anyone interested in contributing to a weekly news report commenting on the events of the race. We will try to have at least 1 contributor per division, and I am looking for a breif wrap of the race with a couple of photos thrown in if possible. Previously we had some fairly in depth reports but this season with six divisions it would take all week to compile. I will keep an eye on the threads for anyone interested.

Cheers,
    Jamie
  2. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Bad news lads, I've done myself a mischief and torn the labrum in my left shoulder. I'll be having surgery and be in a sling for at least 4 weeks :-(
    Needless to say my season is over before it has started.
    Sorry guys, was hoping to learn from the best this season :-(
  3. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Jeez mate, not good. How?? Wasn't a shower related incident??
  4. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Ouch! Not good mate.goodluck
  5. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Haha, no shower involved. Helping a mate move house and he slipped when we were carrying his dining table. I tried to catch it and just ripped my shoulder with the sudden weight.
    Needless to say, he owes me a few beers hahaha
  6. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Ouch indeed, get well soon lee.
    I wouldn't mind doing the race reports this season Ads.
    Now if our race tonight can be anything like the 12h, cos that was bloody awesome, we'll have a cracking season.
  7. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    You'll need to slow down for that to happen!! WD again Warrior, just awesome consistency the whole race.

Sadly we had some no-shows and fair amount of lag that knocked around a few lads. Warrior again 2 good and Stig and I escaped the lag to round out the podium.

[​IMG]

Warrior nabbed pole, but I drafted him early to steal FL.

[​IMG]

Good stuff lads, if only the network was of the same quality. On to the sprint round!! Cross those fingers for updates.
  8. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  9. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Monster came late, but no d/c's.
  10. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  11. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    8 of the 13 entered drivers took part in the first qualifier of the year and the line up was as follows Warrior, Anon, Mustafur, Cyber, Zampli, Vh_mik, Thestig and Vendalism.
    [​IMG]
    As the lights went green signalling the start of a new season everyone got off the line well bar Mustafur who had received a time penalty for a jump start dropping him to the back.
    [​IMG]
    As the the top 3 (warrior, anon and zampli) pull away from the field an unfortunate spin on lap 3 from Zampli, throwing away a very possible shot for the win.
    [​IMG]
    By lap 10 Mustafur has managed to recover from his start and is now very quickly catching up to 3rd place man Thestig, but on the next lap he loses the rear and spins into the path of Cyber resulting in heavy damage.
    [​IMG]
    Lap 20 and debutant Vh_mik is all over Vendalism for 5th place and gets by when Vendalism misses his braking point into the chicane.
    [​IMG]
    Meanwhile upfront Anon is having an excellent drive by getting fastest lap and for the most part matching pace lap for lap with warrior.
    [​IMG]
    Warrior starting GT6 in the same way as he left GT5 by being first to the chequered flag. A close 2nd by 7 seconds to Anon and 3rd place with a solid consistent drive going to Thestig.
    Next week we're of to the newly redeveloped Apricot Hill for two sprint races and will act as the 1st race of the season again for some of the drivers looking to put this round behind them as there were many more mistakes than usual.
    Crunch, SuiCid3, Anon666 and 4 others like this.
  12. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    That's what happened to Musta. I saw Zamps go sideways behind me. Great job from all the D1 newbie's and super comeback from Stiggy. A season away hasn't slowed him down.

Hope to see a full grid for next week, minus Leeboy's labrum of course.
  13. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Plenty of practise for me this week, don't want to be relegated to Div 2 lol.
    JonoStan96 and Cyber_STIG_77 like this.
  14. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    image.jpg
  15. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Nice read. Looking forward to participating in the race this Sunday! Such a shame that I'm not very good at Apricot, and it was the time trial track so everyone should be at their peaks.
  16. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    Fastboysmith has been added to the lineup, great to have you on board smithy
    stucar17 likes this.
  17. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Just to put it out there im going with a Merc Silver with gold rims running number 91
    Cyber_STIG_77 and Stumbles like this.
  18. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Aqua blue chrome with bronze chrome rims. Dat chrome.
    #6.

Also, if you don't mind, could everyone please get into the lobby and start as early as possible? I'll be trying to attend both my league races.
  19. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Just a big reminder to all league drivers. This weeks race is a SPRINT round. There will be 2 short 15 lap races. Qualifying for race 1 is as per normal, but for race 2 it will be reverse grid from the finishing positions of race 1. Also, don't forget we are using Racing Medium Tyres and wear will be set to FAST not normal.
  20. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    10 runners tonight, was pretty hectic stuff. Bit of poor luck for Musta and Warrior was his usual awesome self, although he didn't win everything...

Race 1:
    [​IMG]

Race 2:
    [​IMG]

@Emmo: Pole - Anon. FL - Musta

Looking forward to next week boys.