Division 1 - Season 6

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Dec 8, 2016.

1. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Is time progression still real time ? Only asking because it doesn't really get dark on a full run
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yes, wasnt intended as a night race

Night race will be enduro at Imola
    jasondull1986 likes this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  4. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Shouldn't we be staying to the right out of parabolica when pitting?? :laugh::laugh:
    stucar17 likes this.
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yes, thanks.....adjusted as it should have been
    RHINO11 likes this.
  6. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Consider me out for the rest of the season. I just simply don't have the time to race these days let alone practice. If things change and I find myself with a little spare time on a Sunday night I may join but don't wait around for me.
    v8power383 likes this.
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    See you tonight cagme !
    RHINO11, Beau_Albert and JonoStan96 like this.
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    guys,
    something for you to think about for next week....

Apparently its a public holiday in 4 states for next weeks round....

Please let us know early if you cant race, if there are lots away we will look to postpone for a week

If you could discuss tonight in your lobby would be good

Stu
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  9. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    I'll be away for the 26th as i'll be in Melbourne for reasons definitley not related to the Australian GP :cautious: I'd much rather miss Imola than Nurburgring sooo... i vote week off! :p
  10. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    I think my luck is summed up by the fact I qualified 2nd and started the race from 3rd...then to discover halfway through the race I was able to stay behind Beau with relative ease was more than a little dissapointing :(:(
    Looking at the replay countless times it's fairly obvious to me that having to start from the outside and not the inside (where I should have) set of a chain reaction of bad luck and typical pCARS magnetisation that destroyed my race....BUT
    I'm happy with the fact I came away with 2nd in quali and a 52.1 in the race (twice-one with and one without slipstream) and hopefully the rain will shake up the next race and I can have some luck :laugh::laugh::laugh:
    George and SPL Racing like this.
  11. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Despite my frustrations over the Grid Glitch (Apologies again for my reaction CTR) it was a pretty fun race.
    An opening two lap scrap with CTRacing for the lead was good fun looking back but feeling i deserved clean air, i ducked into the pits early and went for a 20 lap undercut! Mostly drivers pitted before i reached them or made life easy for me, however a real highlight was heading nearly three wide into Parabolica with Kart and Rhino, only to pull out at the last second and get the crossover move on them both!
    I had Rhino stick close to me for the next four or so laps with the slipstream with my biggest worry being him taking Fastest lap away from me! He eventually made an error and i could reel out laps as quick as i could to rejoin ahead of CTRacing and post the Fastest Lap on the final lap which i was stoked with.
    Definitley so much more fun coming from the back then it is starting up front and staying there.
    Cheers guys, Never Back Down!
    -Beau
    stucar17 and SPL Racing like this.
  12. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    @stucar17 Are the Rear's supposed to be on fire in the wet or am i massively over driving the car? If i'm gentle they peak at 120, if i race how i want to they reach 130...
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yes they get hot but the peak out at about 130*. Still drivable at that temp.
    With the race at 15 laps, and only 3 slots, it will be a 5 lap stint on the wets
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  14. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Cool thanks.
    That picture was taken in Single Player after a few laps. I figured out another reason why it was so excessive for me, i had the wastegate still turned up to Max. Whoops.
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ahhhhh, love this game most of the time, but when it does things like this it is mildly frustrating !!
    So, the whole CTRacing thing....see photos below...and an explanation
    when he DSC, he was 3rd on my screen in qual. I said to the guys left in the chat (4 or 5) that IF the grid was completely screwed we would do a restart. When we came onto the grid, he lined up 5th on my screen, so i thought "sweet". Rather than go through the time of restarting we can go on. ( little did i know on HIS, Rhinos and beaus screen he was on pole).
    The third photo shows both Sneeky and Slambo starting from the same grid spot !!

From what i can tell, after looking at MY replay (which seems to be compromised) no one really got disadvantaged. Rhino let us know he wasnt happy, but after looking at his first 4 corners he was near the back after redressing a hit with @mikeruntbike at the second chicane.

IF there is anyone other than rhino who feels they were undoubtedly disadvantaged, please let me know so the stewards group can look at it. I wont rule on it as it would / could affect my finishing position. You have until 12PM monday night to lodge any protest regarding this.
    [​IMG]
    1. Shows @CTRacing in 5th (red and white on right of screen - Beau cant be seen on front row)
    [​IMG]
    2. shows CTR starting from 5th
    [​IMG]
    3. Me in 6th (red and white) with Sneeky and slambo sharing a grid spot !

My race went much better than i expected ! Qualified 6th, which i managed with just 3 seconds left on the clock. (7th before RX7s DSC). Had a decent start, and was in the mix at the end of the first lap....

At the end of lap 2 i was in behind @AOCleaner74 who was having a bit of a fight, so when i saw him go in i changed my strat and followed him in hoping he would drag me up through the field....It worked for 2 laps until he peeled off again to serve a drive through, so i was on my own for a few laps just trying to not make any mistakes.

On about lap 10 i came across Rhino who was recovering from a mistake at Ascari, and i managed to get passed half way up the straight, after nearly getting put into the wall :rolleyes:. We had a bit of a battle for a couple of laps, before he peeled off for his stop as well, but by this stage i had @Slambobagan starting to close in.

With about 8 to go he was 3 seconds behind and the gap was closing at about .4 per lap. With 4 to go, he was just 1 sec behind, and to make things even better, it looked like we were fighting for the last spot on the podium after @jasondull1986 pitted from 3rd....With 2 to go, slambo copped a pretty hersh penalty at the entry to Ascari, but it gave the breathing space i needed to get it home on the bottom step.

On raw pace over the last 2 rounds i shouldn't be anywhere the front and TBH, have been more than a little lucky. Looking forward to Spa in the next round, is a track for great racing, with a wet start, might just mix things up a little...Dont forget to change your pit strat !

Cheers stu
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  16. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    :whistling:Wonder why I got shuffled into the spot where I was left with nowhere to go but up the back of Mike's ass
  17. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Should also mention Quick had a horrible start on my screen which is why I dived to the right hand side
  18. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Strange one with quick out of place last night after the DSC very rare. Maybe we need a rolling start rule for those situations but ultimately it didn't affect my race. Well done to the top 3. Had a great run last night but took me to long to get into the groove and put the quick laps in.
  19. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Ohh I did wonder why you did that because you let me passed and we're rubbing paint with someone else
  20. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    I didn't LET any one past, I was getting pinballed and magnetized left right and center :laugh::laugh:
    jasondull1986 likes this.