Division 1 - Season 6

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Dec 8, 2016.

1. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    I think it's safe to say that if the grid is :):):):)ed, then there's bound to be something else that's f**cked, and someone is going to lose out.
    I'd probably recommend a formation lap and run from there, if restarting is too time consuming. Just my opinion.
    RHINO11 likes this.
  2. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Great fun racing last night, although I finished last I still enjoyed the race. Qualified last but not too far of the pace of the guys just in front and had a cracking start threading the needle through turn 1 and was up to 9th by the time I hit the second chicane, I saw Stu and some other pit on lap 1 but decided to stay out. I had kart and Rhino battling behind me and I had a bit of a gap and was all alone so I decided to pit in and hopefully I could pick up another car to draft with instead of running alone.

I had a cracking battle with @Kart-No-1 for a few laps and @RHINO11 joined in for a while, great racing guys, good respect and plenty of racing room given to each other. That was until @AOCleaner74 outbraked himself at turn 1 and took us through the chicane getting a 10 second penalty. I know it was a genuine mistake on his behalf and he redressed immediately, he is one of the cleanest racers around so no hard feelings mate.

That put me back to within a few seconds from mike and when I cut too much of the inside of turn 1 I got a 5 sec penalty and let him by. I kept on his bumper and pushed hard to get the spot back but pushed too much and dropped a wheel through Lesmo 1 and spun around, I trundled home for last place but still had fun.
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Not entirely. I think everyone from 3rd back was in their correct spot, except for
    Slambo and sneeky who were bumping each other.

From 4th back no one knew there was an issue as we were pretty much in our right spot. Hasn't happened for
    A while.
  4. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Did me on the party chat going for :):):):)s sake quick is on pole not give you a hint?!!!
  5. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    AO one of the cleanest racers around Bahahahahaha I get it good one SPL you are one funny basterd .lol AO clean .....I can't stop laughing ....
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    not when he was lined up next to me, as seen in the picture of my replay....i just thought you were talking :):):):) again !
  7. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Yep, was looking forward to some more door handle to door handle action after I pitted as well. Unfortunately AO took you out and ruined the fun. Great racing mate was awesome fun.
    Anthonyb, SPL Racing and Coojak3009 like this.
  8. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I'll be here all week or tune into my podcast!
  9. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Hey I will be the first to put my hand up and say I was a crappy driver last night.
    Started out with my jump start, then my incident with Mike who I was alongside on the outside coming into Ascari, I left room but should have just backed out of it.
    Next up I was .5 off SPL and braked at the 210m into T1 mark but it was still not enough! Shame tho, we have had a few races where we can race side by side corner after corner.
    Then there was the lagging Kart that made me twitch on the exit of the first chicane and spun myself around....
    Hoping Spa will be kinder too me.
    Blindman and SPL Racing like this.
  10. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    [​IMG]
    @Hatfield Div 1 fastest laps and race

1A pole beau
    1B pole Rhino
    AOCleaner74 and Hatfield like this.
  11. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    @CTRacing @Coojak and My Dancing Routine, topped off with a splendid pirouette
    Coojak3009 and Anthonyb like this.
  12. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    So what's happening with this weekends race? Is it still going ahead?
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yes. Vast majority keen to race, very few unavailable.
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    DRIVER BRIEFING ROUND 5 - SPA
    12th March - 15 laps - 7/6/17 - 12pm
    Wear REAL
    Fuel - SLOW
    Compulsory Pit Stop : YES
    Weather slots
    1. Rain
    2. Heavy Cloud
    3. Light Cloud

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
    QUALIFYING Will be in the WET ! Your car should default to the RAIN TYRE.

There are 3 weather slots, so you will have 5 laps on the rain tire. The rears do get hot, but the car is drivable so long as you dont over drive the car and spin it up every corner ;)

When you pit you WILL HAVE TO HAVE YOUR PIT STRATEGY SET TO CHANGE TO THE SLICK TIRE, USING 'SYMMETRICAL' TIRE OPTION. I would recommend you test this however so you can be confident that when you come in for your stop all happens as you planned !

RACE START....The start / finish line is actually AFTER T1 , on the map below. The track is downhill, so you will need to stop yourself rolling at the lights to avoid a drive through penalty....

[​IMG]
    TRACK LIMITS : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group. There are track cut penalties here everywhere ! NOTABLY at turns 2,3,4 (eau rouge), 5,6 (les combes), Exit of 9, Running wide between 10,11....Exit of 15 (stavelot), Exit of 17 and of course the bus stop ! . There are also substantial run off areas before you get pinged. BE WARNED....IF YOU CONTINUALLY EXCEED TRACK LIMITS EXPECT A PENALTY.

CONTACT : CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group. Obviously, this is a higher chance in the rain.

PASSING : Is plenty of spots to pass here, when a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Dont need to be a rocket scientist to know that you cant win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. The run into Eau Rouge on lap 1 will be pretty hectic, as i said in the div 3 a few days ago, best to stay in your 'lane' so everyone can get through cleanly for a great race. Use your brains here lads and give room to those around you. Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikazee passes.

COMPULSORY PITSTOP : All drivers must make a compulsory pitstop. Pit lane is open from LAP 1. All drivers will HAVE TO HAVE YOUR PIT STOP STRATEGY SET, AND SELECT IN THAT STRATEGY THE SLICK TIRE, using 'SYMMETRICAL' . We have found in the past that having multiple strategies can cause issues, so i would recommend you delete all except for the sierra one (even default)

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Both are straight forward, however DO NOT swerve across the front of other cars on entry. Drivers should remain right on the exit of the BUS STOP for a clean entry into pit lane. Drivers need to keep 2 wheels inside the entry lines as cutting wont give you extra time, but the real chance of getting stuck and blocking the lane for other drivers. I WILL BE CHECKING MY ROOM THIS WEEK ;)FAILURE TO KEEP 2 WHEELS INSIDE THE ENTRY LINES WILL BE A PENALTY.
    On EXIT, drivers should remain within the exit lines, aware of fast approaching cars into T1.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will be using the new stewards group for racing infringements and protests. Many thanks to the guys who have put their hands up to volunteer. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until 12PM monday night to submit a protest, and 12PM Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted.
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  16. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

flights delayed won't be home till 10:30ish so will miss race tonight..
  17. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    So.... i just tried driving on PCARS again after iRacing and yeah... there is no chance of me being competitive or even safe. Spinning constantly in the wet. I'm afraid from this point on i will be withdrawing from the championship.
    I was going to race/show up just enough to try and win the championship, but upon thought, that'd be a kind of prick-move. Doing no effort in the final races just to try and win, and then just not show up. So.... good luck everybody in the final 3 races, and fight hard for that championship :)
    Zachery likes this.
  18. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    CURVEBALL HAS BEEN BOWLED!!! This race just got blown wide open
    You can't leave :( :(
  19. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Before and after finding iRacing
    [​IMG]
    Kieran_B33, SPL Racing and Zachery like this.
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Really.............Cmon beau....even without prac you will be at or near the front.
    'never back down' !
    JonoStan96 likes this.