Division 2 (S6)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by carn_the_pies, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Nice one Anon!!! That lap is faster than my best in the race. Did you do a 1 or 2 stopper?
  2. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Pretty sure everyone did 1 stopper Chev. BTW congrats on the win. :)
  3. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Grats anon. Now give us one of those classic speeches!
  4. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Wow, what a race that was. Started 6th. Went up and down from like 3rd to 7th all race. Was crazy. So many mistakes.
    Aza and Barra couldnt see each other so they were bumping into each other and going all over the track. I was behind them and was scared to get too close. Turns out Aza couldnt see me either and there were a few times he ran me wide or turned in on me. Its all good though mate.
    I really shouldnt have let Tek back infront of me. Actually pretty annoyed with myself for letting him past.
    Such an eventful race. Still fairly happy with 4th. Things should be pretty tight up top now.
    Anon was unstoppable. Congrats man.

Edit.. I've just recorded the race and will upload to youtube. :)
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    was a good race, but talk about doing things the hard way :| Good solid win Anon, fasted lap too.......bastard !!

I couldnt hook it up in qually and ended up 3rd, which was ok, got a reasonable start, got shuffled back to 4th after the first chicane.

I caught the top 3, veno, topcat and anon i think coming up the back straight but then veno had a half spin after putting a tire on the grass and i had nowhere to go, t-boning him and giving myself both front wheel and engine damage. About 4 cars got past, so i was back to 7th and it was then a case of head down and bum up to make the places back.

I caught Dougz , veno and ?? and managed to get by reasonably quick (sorry for slight hit dougz at final chicane, it didnt change the race order and i stayed behind you after it) and was then up to 3rd behind Tek and Anon.

I caught Tek reasonably quick as well, and then he helped me out by having a spin on 2nd lesmo i think, so then i was left on my own to try to chase down Anon. He had a big lead and was taking about a half second a lap and after the pit stops i had it down to about 7.5 secs. The gap stayed a pretty constant 8 secs, till i missed my brake marker into 1 trying to clear RBR and went straight on costing about 10 secs but it didnt make any diff as i wouldnt have made 8 secs in the last 5 laps anyway.

A good race, bit frustrating because i know i had the pace to run with you anon but couldnt after i ran out of talent and hit Veno (wrong place wrong time!!)

Oh well, tight at the top of the ladder, on to Autumn Ring where it will be a case of trying to keep it on the road on a track i like.
  6. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Slight hit? felt like a pretty big shunt haha. Its all good though. I was still able to pull it up in time. I guess the lack of braking while drafting caught you out. I was hoping i could stay infront of you after you had dropped back. Wasnt the case. Made way too many mistakes.

Here is the video of my eventful race.
    GTLOZ - Monza - Season 6 - GT5
  7. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Well, that was a better race for me than last week. I still maintain that this car doesnt make for good racing, but I won't go on about that.
    Put in a snappy lap, for 3rd, which became 4th when MrTopCat put in a very late lap (must have just started a lap before Tek decreed that we all stop:p ). Decent start, lost one spot in turn one, but came out alive. All went pear shaped at lesmo 1 - I fulfilled my own prophecy, although with a little help from behind
    Recovered back to 9th or 10th and set to doing to consistent laps - did 4 or 5 1.44.x laps in a row and Bradbury'd my way up to 4th place by my pitstop. This included avoiding Veno's wildly spinning car at the exit of the first chicane - he spun off the right side off the track, did a 720, so I went left, so his car rolled backwards to where I wanted to go. A quick dab of the brakes and a massive swerve later, I got around and in control solely because there was tarmac on the left for the entry to curva grande from the no-chicane track.

Anyway, came out of the pits in 4th, which became 3rd when Dougz binned it at parabolica. Had a nice gap behind me, and just had to stay on track to get a podium - easy right? No. Lap 16, had a bull ant crawling on my foot, so my run from the lesmos to ascari was mostly on the dirt in trying to not get bitten. My main problem was on lap 22? when I missed my braking point to turn one by a mile, and ended up weaving between the barriers to return to track after the chicane. Incidentally, this doesnt incur a shortcut penalty. Dropping from 3rd to 5th was a penalty though. And constant wheelspin in third gear through curva grande from the crap on my tyres.

Brought it home 5th, relieved to be in front of Aza. I will power cycle my modem this week, but aside from that, Im not sure what to do to ensure we can see each other - that is two weeks in a row now. I could see Aza on track when I joined the room, but when I go to track, he disappears. I did clear my GT5 cache last night before I joined the second time.

Oh yeah, and well done to Anon and Stu for 1/2. The rest of us were trying NOT to finish 3rd.
  8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Sorry Dougz.......is at 4.40 on the replay, i got a huge tow from you and veno and couldnt pull it up in time. Doesnt look to bad but it does get your attention when your the one that gets hit. Luckily i had washed most of the speed off so it didnt punt you off into the sand pit.. Phew.

Sorry again, luckily you went off on your own half a lap later so i didnt have to fight for the position again ! :p
  9. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

lol. I had a great run on you down the back straight so there wasnt much you could of done, you had the inside for the upcoming chicane and I gave you room too take it but I guess you choose not too or felt the line would of been tight/slow.
    My fresher tyres (2 laps fresher than yours, I also conserved them more 2nd stint) allowed me to keep a nice little gap too. I was pretty happy I managed to keep the gap :p Then barra and azza chucked it, couldnt believe my luck :p.

Having that spin early on helped me in a way, as I buckled down and made sure it didnt happen again. Missed a few apexs here and there but no major offs after my 1st one.

EDIT when I say stop during qual u can finish the lap ya on, I didnt even get 5 mins qual as I had to keep stoping to reply to Aussie messages...Only managed one flying lap. Just wanted to get on with the show as we were running pretty late too.
  10. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Haha yeh, doesn't look too bad on the replay. Felt bigger in the race. Haha yeh, threw it in the sand on the last corner on the same lap.
  11. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

I'm mostly talking about the mistakes i made to help you catch up. I shouldn't have let you catch up that quickly. A little disappointed with my performance that race. Consistancy is usually my strong point. Definitely wasn't last night.
    After Barra and Aza chucked it in i was hoping you would too Tek haha. I saw you run a little wide on one turn and i got excited. Wasnt too be though. I barely even made up time on you.

Anyway, enough of that. Bring on Autumn Ring. Thats gonna be a real test.
  12. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Yea that mistake that let me get close just before parawhatchmacallit was abit of a gift, probably would of been real tight at the end otherwise.

Um about the connection, obviously Aussie is having a problem with me this season and a few others not seeing Azza. These seems to be the main issues, doesnt feel laggy or stutter during the race (well at least for me) Im open to get a few of us together and test someone else connection if we want, maybe a wednesday or thursday night?

Wonder what would happen if i open the room through someone elses GT5 avatar thingo. If I opened the room from aussie coffee cup I wonder If he would be able to join easier?
  13. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    I joined the lounge thru Aza's coffee cup when came in the second time. Needless to say it didn't help. I'm happy to try hosting next weeks race to see if that makes a difference.
  14. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Thanks Chev, had some free air after the start so put down some quick laps while I could, and yes just the one stop. Hey well done on winning Div 1 Chev, don't think you can race in any of my series events anymore, you're getting too quick mate.

Like I said last night, where did everyone go? Was ready for a lead swapping session with Veno, but got onto the main straight on lap 1 and I check the rear view mirror...he's gone?? Somehow there was a gap bigger than the one between a hillbilly's 2 front teeth, so with fresh tyres and no hot breath tickling my earlobes I was able to get in some good laps...wish I'd done them in qual?!!? I had a bit of a shocker on lap 6 or 7 so I just pulled my head in and tried to get the tyres to last for the 12 laps. The gap back to 2nd kept changing, and in big chunks so I knew it was due to others having moments rather than my superior skills, but like a fat teenager asking his dog to the formal, I'll take what I can get!

In F1 they talk about tyres having a certain life before dropping off the cliff. Lap 11 was OK, then lap 12...my tyres took a running jump off the cliff laughing maniacally as the went, the bastards!! After pitting my nice buffer was down to around 3 seconds, I think that's when Tek and Stu got tangled up a bit. Mr Tophat then decided to haunt me, and parked his ghost on my bumper for about 3 laps - even though you know he's a ghost you can't stop watching the rearview mirror. Thankfully he exercised himself and let me coast home on my dwindling tyres. I love Monza, hate Laguna, and am not even sure what Autumn ring looks like...but I doubt I'll have as much luck next week. See ya'll then.

(is that good enough Carn?)
  15. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    lol, made my day anon..always a good read mate
  16. MrTopCat

MrTopCat New Recruit

Hey guys, had a great time last night. Nice to be racing again and my apologies if I interrupted anyone's race. Bit fresh still. Sweet win anon, hope I didn't put you off at the end there, didn't realize you were winning. Was hoping to unlap myself truthfully........dreaming. Huge thanks Bonus for gettin me sorted mate, top stuff.
  17. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
  18. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Thanks Anon. It's all about concentration and a little luck. The boys I'm racing against ain't mugs, they are quick buggers.
  19. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

No Probs Topcat, glad you joining in, won't be long before you get that dominance you had over us in Grid back I feel. It was a bit of a rush to get you in and thanks to Azza for getting it done, my race practice had already started and I had done no practice all week and needed to get some laps in before qualifying. So I thank you too Azza, that final practice got me into the low 42's and had a fairly clean race baring 2 spins when the tires jumped off the cliff. Congrats on your win Annon good stuff, the laps set to 24 really showed the new tire model up, had to look after the rubber throughout the early laps to make the 12th lap even manageable. I actually had to pit after lap11 and managed the tires in the last 13 laps ok, on the last lap I had a spin and let Neishy in, until he did the same and gave it back to me.
  20. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    They ain't mugs??? Aren't you racing against Bonus?????
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.