Division 2 (S6)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by carn_the_pies, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Mid 22s at Monza? You are about 21 seconds faster than me!
  2. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Crap, maybe it was 42s. Who's a goose!!!! Lol.
  4. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah stu i run a heap of laps yesterday arvo, and i did a full length testing and was running at best was 1.41.2xx
    and on old tires at lap 12/13/14 i can still run around 1.46's Over the 24 laps i ran a one stop on lap 15.

driving that ZR1 :):):):):) harder now and i think i've contained the 1100kg ugly tart and turn it into light sexy streamline steel modal. :lol:
    it took awhile to break that sideways happy girl in.
    i just needed to strapped a pair of spurs and get my jockey whip out and just give her a good few cracks on the arse, now she behaved herself. :lol:
    so boys look out for me, i'll be the lean low flying green speed machine with an arm hanging out the window swinging that jockey whip cracking it right on that ZR1's side panel, back quarter panel or on the arse wherever i need to keep that that :):):):):) out in front. :lol:
    but that if i stay in the god dam room this week. :lol:
  5. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Hahaha! I'll try to get on tonight to turn some laps if your up for it Aussie, I may need to borrow that whip.... Think what you like people, haha!
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Aussie,, i think you and the missus need to get away from the kids for the weekend !!

41.2** is quick, if you can run that fast for 12 or 13 laps you will be hard to catch. I will try to get on tonight from about 9 to turn a few laps if anyone wants to join........or will look to see if anyone else is on.

As for the network, am buggered if i know why its gone feral all of a sudden. I was on my own the other night in my own lobby and got kicked 3 times. WTF ! Hope its better by Sunday, will be very frustrating if its like monday night. Grrrrrrrr !!

EDIT, also wondering if anyone has spoken to the new guys in div2 and 3, Rogue, timmo, chaos, dan701645 (cant remember the others) i noticed that none of them raced last week which is a bit disappointing?
  7. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

I havent done many laps around monza. I was stuggling to stay on the track the other night when i was on. 1:43.6xx is my best so far.
  8. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I felt your pain last night. I had a Monza room open for S6 prac, Zampli joined and 3 laps in I got d/c from my own damn room :(
  9. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    You know the network is bad when...

Anyways, just did some more laps, seems I found some places where I was losing time on Monday. Got a 42.747. That will be my last session before the race - camping all weekend
  10. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I dont like Monza to top it off I think this will be at least the 3rd time we've raced here :( Anyway I might get on tonight, havent got much planed.
  11. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    ur funny stu the handbrake and i don't even get the time 5 KIDS
    ( Handbrake >> THE SKID MAKER , SHE GIVES ME THE :):):):)S [SEE CHEV MORE :):):):)] :lol: ) 4 reason i won't say.
    but i love playing with my Handbrake doing Hill starts, 180's and brake drifties. but its no fun at all when the handbrake snaps!!!! :lol:.
    as for when that happens my driving skills get a bit shaky at the knees and then its into a tank slapper we go, lock ups, flat spotted tires and then finally the outside wall. GAME OVER.
  12. RBRacing022

RBRacing022 New Recruit

Gidday all, I enjoyed the race on sunday night even though my performance was very very ordinary!! I hope I didn't get in anybodys way as it was my first nights racing. I was a regular in ozzy sprint racing on Grid but it was a big reallity check at Laguna !! My best time in practice was a 1:24 and my qualy time was reasonable but to many errors in the race cost time and more time. I had nothing to lose so I did a 1 stop stratagy to learn more about the car and what it does. I did learn a fair bit about the Corvette and because of the 1 stopper I nearly went 2 laps down but with time I should be a little quicker. Apologies again if I got in the way!!

Cheers!! RBR
    :)
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    All good RBR.....most will have a shocker at some point in the season. All of us are glad to have a full grid each week and they are a great bunch of guys to race with so dont get too worried. The next few tracks will be easier to "race" at, more slipstreaming and better passing spots so put your seatbelt on !! Just be carefull of Aussie, he is clearly sexually frustrated at the moment and he might try to rear end, or 'Liberace' you !!

GUYS, I did a few laps the other night with nugget (fast for div 3) and the big thing i noticed at Monza was the stopping power in the draft is much less than in clean air. The car is no where near as nimble (IMO) as the G37 and i was surprised a few times at how hard the car was to pull up when in the draft....Just a reminder to give room and if you get a run be ready to brake early if you have to sit in behind......

i can see a big vette train on the way :D :D :D
  14. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

+ 1 on that RBR. I remember my nerves on my first race. Coincidently it was at Monza (our race on Sunday) in the wet. You did a great job sticking with it.

I feel I might be the one at the back after not being able to get out of the 1:43's. :|
  15. RBRacing022

RBRacing022 New Recruit

Cheers guys, M1K1_D I am still doing 1:46's at Monza and dont look as if I can better it !! I will press on reguardless !!
    RBR:)
  16. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Will be another lacklustre appearance by me it seems. I am used to the braking points using a high BHP tuned car. It is so much of a different drive when you can't tune suspension in the ZR1. Will see how I go come race time...
  17. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Woo! I'll have someone to race with haha. I still haven't managed to hit a 42 yet.
  18. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    i'll pay that 1 Stu but hey ease up there i not like that at all m8 or that bad, i'd play with my horn first (honk ya) then do it!!! :lol: :lol:
    u see a vette train i see a train wreck a coming. :lol:
  19. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

It was a race of who could have the least incidents, not so much "out right pace". Veno lined up pole unfortunatly he didnt have much luck from there, I started from 7th odd maybe lower and managed to find myself in 3rd behind new comer "TopHat" after a lap or 2. I knew it would last long as Stu was slowly catching me, i didnt help my cause by turning it and taking an eternity to get going again.

Found myself back in 7th again, from there just concentrated on not making another mistake. Decided to pit a lap later than most and it payed off. A couple of mistakes in front and fresher tyres helping me to bring home a 3rd.
    Great come back drive from Stu for 2nd and Anon took home the bacon.

Ive watched the replay and there looks a couple of tangles, just remember if you feel youve "taken someone out" you have to at least stop and readress till they get going again

Sorry to Aussie you having problems staying connected to my room, its just wierd cause he had no prob last season and I havent changed anything.
  20. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Results and Fastest laps at Monza Round 2.
    1. Anon
    2. Stu
    3. Teknique
    4.Dougz
    5. Barra
    6. Aza
    7. Venosuala
    8. Miki
    9. MrTopCat
    10. Rumbles
    11. RBRacing

1:42.195 Anon