Division 2 (S6)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by carn_the_pies, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Well, that was about the worst, most un-enjoyable races I have done since I joined the league. The combination of no practice, a car that wants to kill you, and a track that severely punishes tiny mistakes makes me wish I didn't bother. Spent a total of about 2 laps within sight of any other cars (the ones I could see - I couldn't see Stu or Aza) before either me or the person I was racing driving near fell off the track.
    Hopefully the other tracks we visit aren't as punishing on mistakes - I would much rather a close race in a slower car than a least-mistakes-wins in an angry beast. Ironically, I love this car offline, had a blast running the seasonals in it, but the reduced grip level of the online physics ruin it for me.
    /rant

Meanwhile... well done Dougz on the win and the podiums for Veno and Stu (apparently).
    Also, Tek, with your pit crew having the stop-work meeting, I wonder if it had anything to do with you pit-entry. I followed you into the pits on your 2nd attempt, and it looked like the car reset to the pit lane like you had shortcut the corner. So maybe you were being penalised for shortcutting? Pretty harsh considering you would have gained 0.5sec at most, which I'm sure was unintentional anyway
  2. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Sorry you didn't like the car and track Barra, i think most guys realy like this car and the challenge it offers once they got used to its bite. I guess you cant please everyone, I actually hate the slower cars, i feel they require less work and concentration and are a bit boring at times, so we are on opposite sides there. But i think if you give it a go and practice a little you will love it on this next track. Worked up a sweat last night and enjoyed the race emensely, even though i'm not a big fan of that track.
    Tek, we had Enforcer with the same problem as you, he didn't ge tthe timer countdown at the start and for some reason on this track if you get that it effects your pit's, its like you didn't enter propperly even if you did. We also had Neishy with the no gripp slow car glitch, he was amongst the fastest in practice and in the race couldn't get below the 124's
  3. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    I think the car is great, the track was very hard to navigate though.

Monza in this car will be a better suit I think as its a much longer track.
  4. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    No need to apologise Bonus, hopefully my frustration was mainly because of the lack of practice. I will be back on the horse this week.
    By slower car, I meant something like the Z06 RM, which I was campaigning for. Oh well, I got gunned down in a democratic vote (unless you tampered with the results :p )
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Congrats Dougz!

Not surprising you did your fastest lap behind tek. You still get slip stream assistance from ghosted cars.
  6. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    well what can i say boys, for the 2 and a half mins i was there i was looking forward to fighting for the scraps at the back of the feild, but the demons of internet race popped its bum ugly head up, in the way of lagging, glitching and finally deciding that i was the WEAKEST LINK and then pulled the plug on me and kicked my sad arse out :mad: :lol:

WELL DONE to the
    pole grabber (< sounds like the action of a sicko) :lol:
    podium winners (top dogs on the day)
    fast lap setter (speed freak on the day)
    would have put names up but not quite sure who took out what pole/positions/fast lap???

and last but not least....
    HUGE SORRY 2 u Barra for smashing into the back of u in the braking zone of the 1st corner of the 1st lap.
    i just couldn't pull my :):):):):) of a ride up, tried to avoid u by steering my car off to the right of the track where it widens. but i just had way to much pace and i just wasn't quick enough to react.
    So Once again heaps Sorry m8. i felt so bad!!!
  7. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    haha, dont worry about it... if you read my post above, being bumped form behind in turn 1 was the least of my issues. Hopefully next week I can live up the compliments Miki handed out in his post this morning instead of building sandcastles all night. Incidentally, I spent enough time in the sand at turn one that I built one heck of a whale. Did anyone see it??
  8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well done Dougz, great result in your first race in div 2......And Veno, it was always a matter of time mate. Hope your missus acknowledged you accomplishment, unlike in the past !! :D Well done

Bad luck to those who had the glitches. Tek, i had that prob with the pit entry in one of my prac runs, seemed to be when i came in too hot....not sure what happened though, maybe you just need a new crew chief....Barra, buggered if i know why you couldnt see me, i think first time that's happened where people couldnt see me.. I know i could see you, i followed you on the last lap.

My night started well, was on the pace in prac, and in qually managed to pip Dougz to pole on my last flying lap by .130.

Race start was good, wanted to take 2 laps to get the tires up to temp without throwing it off the road somewhere, but had Dougz up my talepipe so had to stay on it. On about lap 4 we had a small rub heading through the kink on the front straight and i went on the grass, but Dougz redressed and away we went again. I got into a groove as the tires started to wear a little but still managed to get the gap out to about 2.5 secs. On lap 11 DISASTER........missed my brake marker at the top of the hill and went straight on, spinning and also copping a penalty. Dougz honked as he went past, and i knew that unless he made a mistake somewhere i wouldnt make up the 10 secs i lost.

I pitted on lap 13 same as dougz, and then came out and pushed as hard as i could, but only got the gap to about 10 secs, realizing that i would only kill the tires, i eased off and cruised home about 12 secs ahead of Veno. I found the second stint harder after some bastard knocked over all the brake markers :lol: :lol:

Anyway, good start to the season, happy with 2nd, although frustrated i threw away a good lead and a close fight.

I like the car, tough track to start on, things will be easier on most of the circuits we race on now. Only tough one will be Autumn Ring with lots of direction changes and undulations.

Looking forward to Monza, brings back memories of the great race we had there last season. hopefully

Stu
  9. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    i didn't see ur sand whale but i can imagine it :lol: did it look like FREE WILLY??
    its cool that i didn't blow ur whole race and sand pit digging m8 :lol:
    i just want 2 make sure u didn't have a bitter view on the issue and think i did on purpose.

i've been brought up with some values that if u stuff up be a man stand up and say what u did and take the wrap no matter how bad the penalties are. but anyways MONZA is a coming WIDER, LONGER AND FASTER. ( < my sick mind just kicked in again :lol: )
  10. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    No, the whale was more of a humpback, didn't have the dorsal fin of free willy, sand was too dry to support it.

Ooh! Monza, three chicanes per lap to misjudge braking and punt each other! I look forward to it!

But seriously, Im a big fan of the group we have here, who for the most part are more likely to apologise and take the blame for a racing incident than they are to actually cause one.
  11. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Ive put a link to the league ladder in the schedule post of each division
  12. Venosuala

Venosuala New Recruit

Nah no good Stu. All I want is for her to be proud of me...I'm holding back tears.
    In all seriousness though, thank you to all of you who had offs in the first half a dozen laps. I thought all my xmass had come at once!
    I can't believe everyone didn't comment on how cool my car looked. Its because you are all jealous obviously.
    Catch you all Sunday.
  13. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    I'm off to monza now to turn some laps and build some sandcastles at the lesmos if anyone wants to join me...
  14. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    ill jump on with ya.
  15. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Hey miki or tek do you have the final results and we will get the ladder updated cheers
  16. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Race results for Laguna Seca Round 1 Season 6.
    1. Dougz. Fastest lap. 27
    2. Stu 18
    3. Veno 15
    4. Miki 12
    5. Aza 10
    6. Anon 8
    7. Tek 6
    8. Barra 4
    9. Rumbles 2
    10. RBRacing 1
    11. Aussie DNF
  17. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    I'll be spending a bit of time there over the course of the week, I'll be sure to stop for a bit of idle chit chat when I see you.
  18. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    No worries, I spent some time in the sand at Ascari last night too, so keep an eye out there.

Has anyone else noticed how viciously the game drags the car off track when you drop a wheel since the recent updates? I found before, that if you went a little wide, you could get it back on track with gentle steering inputs, but now, forget it.
  19. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Did sme laps last night, love this track and car combo..demanding but the car is well suited to the track.

Thanks for the results btw miki
  20. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    What times you guys running? Did some laps last night and was in the mid 22s, but not sure the tires liked it much.

I found the big vette a bit more of a handful than the the g37 was last season !!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.