Division 2 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Yeah Fuji shows-up the Macca's delicate front-end, if it was at the end of the season when you were used to the car it wouldn't seem so bad!

I couldn't join leeboy or TB's rooms last night, kept saying "room full" when they clearly weren't! Had no probs with other rooms. Will try again during the week.

And I have new T80 PS3/4 Wheel+pedals for sale, will start a thread when I get time.
  2. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Might have been because the room was open when you sent FR. Had same problem with firewind, but reset room and all ok. Should be fine from now on mate.
  3. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I should be online most nights this week trying to get my head around the Macca.
    Please make sure everyone has sent me a FR as I don't want to have problems on Sunday with people requesting at the last minute.

Cheers
  4. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    So just to make it clear; will there be any pit stops during the normal races? And is it racing medium tyres?
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    If you can save your fuel and look after the tyres, there shouldn't be any need to pit, though there is a pit stop at Spa.
  6. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Pit stops aren't mandatory. With the pit glitch still around the tyre wear is set to normal (as opposed to the usual fast) which means unless you are really hard on your tyres, (cough, jono) you should make the distance on one set of tyres. Fuel will last too. And yes, Racing Mediums
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  7. razor4797

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Thanks for that :)
  8. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Ad2mny has put the call out for race reporters to submit some pics and a basic run down of the race events for each week. Obviously he can't be in all rooms, and every little bit helps. Doesn't have to be an essay just a summary of the race and 4-6 pics.

Another suggestion could be to make a roster and 7 of you guys take turns submitting the story and pics. 1 night a season shouldn't be too much to ask for to help a guy out who sits up till "god knows what time" making sure he gets you the news out on time.

Here is the link to sign up: http://raceonoz.com/threads/rooz-news-reporters.1021/

Would love to see some support for our man this season so please don't let me down.

Cheers
    Clevo
  9. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    im so slow just all over im bloody hopeless at fuji dont expect me to do great
  10. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

At this stage its looking like I won't be able to make the opening round which truly sucks as fuji looked to be a track ild be able to do well at seeing everyones dislike of it.
  11. razor4797

PSN ID
    razor4797
    That's unlucky mate
    It will be a tough race as Fuji is a difficult track and the McLaren is a difficult car
  12. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    The new season starts tonight, I wish you all luck and all the best for a successful season!

Cheers, Jono

"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing is important to men who do it well. When you're racing...it's life. Anything that happened before or after, it's just waiting." -Steve McQueen
    stucar17, razor4797 and Greasy07 like this.
  13. fRZn

fRZn Team Driver

PSN ID
    fRZnAU
    Not going to be able to make it tonight, washing machine burst a pipe - water everywhere. Good luck all and have a good race.
  14. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    That sux frzn.

Hopefully not too much hassle mate, catch you for round 2 mate.
  15. Faine

Faine New Recruit

PSN ID
    faine555
    I'm trying to add you leeboy910 so I can come on div 2 meet and greet now
  16. Faine

Faine New Recruit

PSN ID
    faine555
    And sorry for late reply haven't been online for a week, away from home
  17. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks for everyone's patience tonight guys.

Late start, but we got there in the end. Hopefully an even bigger grid next week, and some more great racing.

Results pending any protests.
    Pole: stu
    1. Stu
    2 TB
    3. Razor
    4. Greasy
    5. Firewind
    6. Cob
    7. NatmAn
    8. Motorsports560
    9. Joe
    10. Leeboy
    11. Bernsey (DNF)
    12. Faine555 (DNS)

If someone can get the fastest laps up would be appreciated, my replay has decided to freeze halfway through lap 3, so I can't get them :mad: :confused: :rolleyes:

Will do a brief race report tomorrow.
    Last edited: May 4, 2014
  18. F1R3W1ND

F1R3W1ND Rookie

yeah my replay freezes to i wanted to see the close finish between me and cob but cant :( can someone post a pic of me and cob crosing the line please.
  19. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    my quickest was a 1.27.934 just didnt adapt to the track like everyone else never mind hopefully that can be my drop round all of the other tracks I have pace out so watch out for next race :) oh and congrats to everyone who finished
  20. razor4797

PSN ID
    razor4797
    S2, R1...
    After all the PD bulls**t in the lobby, we managed to start the race, 25 minutes later than expected.
    I qualified 2nd. Got a decent start off the line. Firewind got a brilliant start and was side by side with Stu in an instant. I outbreaked them both into the first corner and snuck underneath.
    I was in the lead until lap 3, where I spun coming out of the tough left hander of turn 3(?).
    Apologies to TB for that spin because unluckily for him, it threw me straight into his path, and I believe he copped a collision penalty.
    Back down the field. I slowly crawled my way back, taking every opportunity I had.
    I was up into 2nd by about half-race distance. Stu had great pace at the front and I knew he would have to make a big mistake for me to catch him. So I tried to settle myself in and have a mistake free run to the finish.
    TB put in some quick laps and managed to catch my draft. We had a battle which lasted a fair few laps before he snuck past after a little mistake of mine.
    I got in right behind him and even beside him but I could not stick the McLaren in front.
    A very happy 3rd place finish for me. Couldn't have asked for a better way to start my Div 2 season. Congrats to Stu for an absolutely flawless race and to TB for a well earned 2nd.
    Will see you all next week for another tough task which is Laguna Seca!

I also had a look at the replay and fastest laps, and I got the fastest lap. A 1:27.34(5)? with Greasy getting the second fastest; a 1:27.394 I think. Might want to double check that.
    Cheers
    JonoStan96 likes this.