Division 2 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    dissapointed with qualifying 9th but kind of expected it got an decent launch off the line accidently turned somebody around "apologies" I have no idea who it was by lap 2 I was 4th and I felt good then final corner lap 2 either I got lag punted or someone just clipped me and I had a huge spin at the final corner (thanks everyone for some good avoiding :) went back to 8th battled with joe and lee for majority of race lee spun and retired and joe also spun mid race however I had no tyres left and dispite spins from bernsy natmanscoop and someone else I only gained one spot back into eighth bernsy retired then it was an all out sprint for last place :) between joe and I. I eventually held on but we must have swapped placed and least 10 times in the final few laps hope to be further up the grid for laguna cya there
  2. BERNSY001

BERNSY001 Rookie

PSN ID
    BERNSY001
    Have been spending alot of time on iRacing. Bit over this car tbh, the track wasn't helping either. I'm deliberately not showing next week. It will be an embarrassment for me. We'll see how I go in the rest of them, as some of you know planning a move to England isn't easy so I will probably just be jumping on once a week and racing and seeing how it goes.

Not to take anything away from Stu, big statement from ya mate, go get em!
  3. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    I never had enough pace to be up front but it was still a great battle for last place - Little brain farts made it harder than it needed to be and i would get close enough to challenge Motorsport then throw it all away with to much right foot.
    Need to see the replay to see who was lag warping around the track - probably Jono in Div1 (stupid game! lol)
    Good to see you take a win Stu - long over due mate! :)
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  4. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Surprising only saw him lag once or twice. Mainly because he through in the towel after like 8 laps
  5. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I got shoved off the track and spun which killed my race. Fuji is probably the track you need a rhythm most at, once it's gone, you're gone. I ended up about 30 seconds behind everyone and didn't see any point in continuing.
    Will watch the replay to get a better look in case it was a lag punt, but I don't think it was.
    Laguna is a much better track and has loads more grip than Fuji, so onward and upward! (Can't really go backward can I?? LOL)
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  7. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Hi all,

With all of the issues last night with friend lists and the like, can everyone make a real effort to either get into the room early or on time and if you aren't going to make it, leave a message on here for us all.

Don't know about anyone else, but I was a bit frustrated and annoyed after all the resetting and everything (not pointing fingers here, we all know PD is hopeless!) and it really affected my mindset for the race. I wouldn't usually give up in a race, but after all that happened I was at the end of my tether!

I'm hosting the room because I've got a good internet connection so if we can all get in on time or early so we can fix any issues before racing that would be really appreciated.

I'll try and open the room by 7:30pm EST on race nights. The only rule I would like to enforce (with majority agreement of course) is that once qualifying has started, if you're late, too bad. I don't think we should hold up the event for late comers. I could really sense a heap of frustration last night and if we can limit ANYTHING that will cause this, the better the racing will be for everyone.

Can everyone let me know if this is ok? Again, there is NO FINGER POINTING here. I'm just trying to be pro-active and make sure we have a really smooth and enjoyable experience.

Cheers
    Ad2mny, razor4797 and Clevohead like this.
  8. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    stucar17 likes this.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Thanks! All the hard work was done last season, now its just an input of numbers and names. The lap-by-lap graph I do for my own Div's race is the hard one, you should have a look (Div3)
  10. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    @Leeboy - I'm hoping i was not involved in your retirement last night? i know we were both pretty close there for a few laps but i did not notice any clashes or i would have pulled over to redress.
    Also, i'm in agreement about the late comers - this affects me the most as i'm in the wrong time zone so resetting twice last night almost lead to me retiring.(glad i didn't!)
    leeboy910 likes this.
  11. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    @Joeninety - I honestly don't know mate, but I don't think so. I think you were behind me at that point. I slipstreamed you on the main straight and went through into 1. Then I spun in between 6 and 7 after I got shoved onto the grass.
    In any case, I was pretty annoyed at that stage due to all the room issues at the start. Probably nothing to it, just me having a whinge!
    :p onto Laguna!!
  12. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    First up guys, thanks heaps for your patience last night in getting started. The first race always throws up some issues, and it would be easy to throw in the towel given how late we started. Faine should be right for next week, and there are a few that said they wouldn't be able to make R1, so we could have 14 or 15 for the next round.

@ Lee, i understand your frustration mate, been there many a time and it can affect your night as you are so busy doing everything else you can drop the ball when it comes to race time. I have no issue with us starting exactly on time each week now we have the first week out of the way, with the understanding that sometimes PD throw a spanner in the works that we cant see coming, perhaps 10 mins flexibility might be ok, anything outside of that we get started and anyone that cant get in, or is late, then the show must go on.

As for my night.......After the crap run i had with lag punts last season, i have to say that was quite enjoyable to get through without getting belted ! A good finish was just the icing on the cake !!

I had a reasonable qual run, doing a low 7:3, enough to get pole. My start was reasonable, but firewind had an absolute cracker and we went 2 wide into the first corner, not quite sure what happened after that, but i came out of turn 1 in 3rd behind Razor and TB, then i took turn 4 very narrow as someone was on the outside.

After things had settled down on lap 2, i was closing in on TB and Razor and had the gap down to a second, then they came together and the race just opened up for me.

Cob pushed me for the next few laps, but i was able to make .2 or .3 each lap while those behind fought amongst themselves. When i got the gap out to about 6 secs i just tried to be gentle on the tires and maintain the gap. A few more issues behind, and from what i could see some good close racing, saw it move out to about 10 seconds with 4 to go so i just made sure i hit my marks and brought it home.

Bad luck to the guys that had issues. Greasy was the victim of wrong place wrong time, and i know there are a lot of guys that will be bloody quick in the races to come. Its so different to drive to the BRZ, people could ring its neck to get a lap time, but with my "driving Miss Daisy" style it might just suit the macca a bit more.

On to Laguna, we should have a few more with Frzn, Crunch, comeandgetme and faine all hopefully on the grid. Should make for some cracking racing through the field.

Stu
    leeboy910 likes this.
  13. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    I'm all for starting the race at normal time Lee. That was very frustrating last night
    leeboy910 likes this.
  14. BERNSY001

BERNSY001 Rookie

PSN ID
    BERNSY001
    While I agree about starting the race at normal time. I thought this group was about fun and enjoyment in a competitive environment? I think some of the messages last night were an absolute disgrace and uncalled for. All Faine wanted to do was race, and yes, I will stand up for him. He was away for a few weeks and couldn't access the forums or obviously his PSN. I bet 99% of you didn't know that. And if it was you in his position you would have done the same trying to get in.

The race still got under way didn't it? It still went ahead didn't it? And apart from Joe with his timezone difference (Faine is also a Kiwi for that matter) what else did you have planned on a Sunday night? Also that a user was upset after he set his personal best and then had the guts to say "it's up to you though". When did a whole division base its decision on ONE person setting a fast lap time? Sorry about that, I am so sorry that someone wants to race and we should be concerned about someone setting their pb.

I am very close to quitting ROOZ after last night. the sheer lack of disrespect from some of the comments made was uncalled for. Maybe we should look at social etiquette not just racing etiquette.
  15. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    I may not have been on this site very long not know many people here but I believe bernsy have taken this too far calling people out for disrespect over faine not being able to enter we all know that feeling and in a way I agree with him but that comment bernsy is just uncalled for. and what do we have on sunday night okay nothing but on monday morning many of us have school/work that we have to get up early for which in my opinion is y everybody wanted the race to begin earlier. maybe starting the session earlier 7-7.30pn is my only solution and dont take this the wrong way bernsy if u wanna leave for iracing be my guest its one less man on the track I need to beat. im not trying to be rude I think that bernsy just needs to back off and lets just hope the servers run okay for next week okay now evertbody chill out :)
    WAC and razor4797 like this.
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    OK BERNSY, point made and taken.

Personally i didnt think any of the comments were over the top, and most were made out of frustration at PD and the game, rather than directed at the person trying to get in. We all agreed to wait, i made that decision based on the fact that it was the first night, faine had apologized to me through a PM for not getting online for the last few weeks because he was away., and i wanted to give him a chance to get in.

As you said in your post above " I thought this group was about fun and enjoyment in a competitive environment?". You are exactly right, so i hope you reconsider racing next week, hopefully when Faine and the other guys are available, and we don't have any of the week 1 issues that inevitably pop up in the first round of every season ;)

Lets leave it at that.
  17. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Can anybody supply race lap times, I'm keeping a record.
  18. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    I could not agree with you more Motors.
    My apologies for any comments that I made last night. They were not directed at any person in particular, simply out of frustration.
    I hope PD is nicer to us over the rest of the season so we don't have these difficulties
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    razor, did you manage to get a full replay ? I tried mine again today, and it freezes at the same time no matter what i do :confused:
  20. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I'll check my replay later tonight to see if I can get them.
    stucar17 likes this.