Division 2 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Results anyone?
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  2. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Ill get them now unless someones beats me there
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Provisional results.....(no protests at tthis stage !)
    1. Razor
    2. CAGME
    3. Beau
    4. Cob
    5. Stu
    6. Crunch
    7. TTR_joe
    8.Slambo
    9. TB_Williams
    10. VH_Mik
    POLE....?
    Fastest lap was slambo (to be confirmed)
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    LOL didn't know rotor raced in 2 divisions...unless you mean razor...any DSC?
    R0T0R-AU86 and stucar17 like this.
  5. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Can i quote nico rosberg? DAMMIT STU!! Pole was CAGM
  6. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I will wait for fastest lap confirmation before posting table
  7. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    If i get time later ill review everyones PB laps
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Good race last night lads.....

No major issues that i could see, some opportunistic passes but nothing that isn't part of racing.
    I had a shocking qually, Found it really hard to find any rhythm, and was way to cautious in turns 1 and 7. Ended up doing a 43.2 which was over a second off my full tank PB....ended up starting 8th or 9th i think ....

First few laps were pretty good, slotted in behind the train and managed to take Cobs temp once at turn 1, sorry mate.....After that it was just trying to work out a strat on the run for fuel and a clear pit lane, so positions moved around a lot in the first two thirds of the race. Had a good little battle with Joe and Crunch for a few laps at different times, was enjoyable.

Slambo, sorry for holding you up early in the second stint, I was thinking about PRT, but i also didnt want to lose too much time to cob as i thought i would be racing him for 5th if all went to plan, based on yours and the top guys pace.....Anyway, your spin at turn 1 kind of threw a spanner in the work of me letting you through o_O:( Sorry mate...

Kind of happy to finish 5th, but frustrated with my lack of pace this season....cant remember the last time i had a season without a podium :rolleyes:......Bring on the nordschlifenhousen where i seem to get lost 3 times a lap and go looking for the Tom-Tom !!
    Motors560, Ad2mny, Peter Wise and 2 others like this.
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks beau.....i wont get time till late tonight, if you could would be a big help.....Hopefully your replay works !
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  10. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Pole and fastest lap was myself. Slambo set a 41.3 which I bettered with a 41.2 with a few laps to go then set a 1:41.015 on the last lap.
    stucar17 likes this.
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  12. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Well what can I say... A brilliant race for me last night.
    In the last 2 mins in Quali I had provisional pole, a 41.4 I think, then CAGM on his final lap with about 10 seconds left, steals it from me. Must have been a mighty lap mate.

I got a good jump off the line and slotted in behind CAGM into turn 1. He ended up going wide and I took the place with Beau on my right who dived down the inside of turn 2. I ducked underneath the exit of turn 3 to gain the lead once again. Myself, Slambo and Beau were 3 wide coming into the second last corner, while Beau ran out of room on the outside, I snuck under and took the place with Slambo now in the lead. An exciting first lap to say the least.

I passed Slambo into turn 2 on the next lap, then he went down the inside of me into turn 3. He got a bad exit and I again was in the lead. That turned out to be the race winning overtake, only on lap 2.

From there I just focused on consistent fast laps and no mistakes. I was helped a lot by the battling group behind me as I slowly increased the gap to a comfortable 5 seconds, and maintained it until the checkered flag.

My second win of the season, completely unexpected as at the beginning of the season I didn't even think I would finish on the podium at all. It's going to go down to the wire next week at the 'Green Hell'. :thumbsup:

Cheers.
    Ad2mny and stucar17 like this.
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Apologies CAGME, forgot you did that late in the race.....o_O:thumbsup:
    COME_AND_GET_ME7 likes this.
  14. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    CAGME Pb lap is fine : 1:41:015
    Razor all 4 wheels off at penultimate corner, ill need to find 2nd best lap
    My lap was fine 1:41:414
    Cobs' was 1:42:163
    Thats as far as i can get without my PS3 deciding its going to freeze :'( Dammit
  15. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I lost 3 championship positions.... uh.

But anyway, I'm already thinking about next race, and my goal is hamper T_B as much as possible so that Cob wins the championship. =)

All that needs to happen is a podium locked out by Cob, Beau, razor, VH_mik and me and it's clean sailing. Woooo!

I reckon I can do a 9:30 lap.
    Benjamin J Smith likes this.
  16. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Only a 9:30 crunch i've done a 9:28 and saw whiteracer do a 9:25 when we did 3 or 4 laps in karts room last week when he was practicing for round 7 as he wouldn't make round 6.
  17. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

My only practice which was about 30min before the race which was surprisingly enough to qualify 4th and battle for the lead in the first couple of laps unfortunately my lines wer untidy and lost touch with razor pretty quickly battling with beau and tb, later in the race, found some good pace but t boned tb afta he spun and that cost me 3-4 positions , caught back up and battled stu for abit but gave it too much Jandel on the exit of turn 1 trying to get a run on him. It's All good stu I was having fun battling no need to get outa the way. After my spin on lost so much time all I could do was try put out some quick laps closed up to crunch with 3 laps left but spun again. Dammit could of been a good result.
    Not looking forward to nurburg don't know the track that well.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  18. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    What's the rule with track limits? I'm sure it's 2 wheels must be on ripple strip? Cause with my FL 2 wheels are still on quite easily
  19. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Well, I think a sub 9:30 lap solo (without a draft) is a very, very solid lap. Remember that the differences in times will be extreme, so to string together a high pace is an awesome job. There will be crashes galore.
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yep, "at least" 2 wheels on the ripple strip. If all 4 wheels are over the ripple strip then they are outside the track limits.