Division 3 (S6)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by carn_the_pies, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steeny17

steeny17 Jarod

Was good to see a field on 10 cars start the race. Congrats to Zampli for taking out the honours, did some practice sessions with you this week & you were fast during those aswell. That race was my pb up until about lap 13 when I should've pitted, was having some great battles with turbo & homebrew, but just stayed out a little too long & cooked the tyres resulting in spinning my way around the track to the pits, very disappointed with myself lol. Managed to finish 7th which was good. Had a really good race none the less, bring on monza!! Nugget also got the fastest lap too.

Also congrats to Dougz who was our div 3 champ last season for taking out the 1st race of div 2 awesome work!
  2. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Thanks for that Steeny haha.

Congrats Zampli. I think you, Nugget and Gary are already ready for div 2 haha.
  3. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

As soon as I logged on I bought and sent you a ZR1. It seems I might have been a bit slow, but oh well use the car for cash. :)
  4. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    cheers m1k1 i wondered who gave me that second chev, ill give it back to you if you like

Div 3 results i think were
    (cant remember if nugget of cob came second)

1.Zampli
    2.Nugget or cobmccool
    4.garyw61
    5.disturboed
    6.mmm_homebrew
    7.Steeny
    8. Carn
    9.DNF gtp_dutch
    10.DNF dimplez_05
  5. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Haha, yea steeny, had some good ones. We swapped a positions a few times in the first half of the race, one would make a mistake, then the other would shoot by. Keeping that car on track with SFA tyres was a task and a half!! I was surprised to see you not pit in ahead of me actually.

Second half of the race I drove in a much more controlled fashion, I finished with a lot more tyres left than I started, and I was even matching Zampli's pace when he lapped me, hanging off him for a few laps. Noted, he was in cruise mode at this stage but it was a PB time nonetheless a full 1.2 seconds faster than my fastest quali time.
  6. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Dudes, last night was freakin AWESOME, absolutely stoked and exhausted after the race (my best finish yet and first podium). A big thanks to Nugget for being able to be so close to my tail pipe for so long and not punting me off showed plenty of skill and sportsmanship, top work buddy. (the last 10 or so laps make excellent viewing on the replay). Also congrats to Zampli for the win a well driven race out front.

I qualified 2nd behind Nugget and in front of eventual winner Zampli and maintained position until lap 2 where I swapped positions with Zampli a couple of times before he got through on the inside at the top of the corkscrew, I decided to hang in 3rd to concentrate on doing fast laps to try and catch Nugget instead of making up places, (but must have been thinking about it too much and didn't see how close gary was behind me and had a lunge at turn 1 which woke me up a bit). GTP_dutch was in the mix there as well until he dropped off somewhere around lap 8 and then dissappeared altogether by lap 10 as did Dimplez. All stayed the same with a small gap between the first 3 places until lap 8 when I out braked myself into turn 1 and had a little off, so now I had to really pull my finger out to catch up again, but the damage was minimized on lap 9 when Nugget had a couple of little offs going up the hill which allowed Zampli through to the lead.

On lap 10 I had managed to close in a bit on the two leaders but had fried my tyres in the process and was busting my arse just to maintain the gap. Then on lap 13 I had a big lose at turn 1 (again) but managed to get back on relatively quickly and was again helped out by Nugget going off up the hill (again) which let Zampli scoot away to a 10 sec lead (which he maintained for the rest of the race) and allowed me to close in on 2nd place. After pitting at the end of that lap I had a small margin to make up on Nugget and got through after he overcooked it into the last corner and went a bit wide, now I went like the clappers to try and put a gap on Nugget and we both put in fastest laps on lap 17, by lap 20 it was nose to tail as Nugget had closed in and it would stay like that until race finish. It was bloody intense with Nugget very large in the rear view mirror lap after lap, with both of us being quicker on different parts of the track. For the last couple of laps as my tyres were absolutely gone I kept waiting for Nugget to have a lunge or maybe bump me out of the way but to his credit he kept it very clean. He did try for the Hail Mary pass on the final corner but went too deep and went off into the sand while I managed to gather it up claim 2nd still about 10 secs behind Zampli.

Once again guys awesome race, awesome fun.

Position ......................Fastest Lap
    1.Zampli 1:23.344
    2.Cob 1:23.262
    3.Nugget 1:22.985
    4.Garyw61 1:23.781
    5.Disturboed 1:23.896
    6.Homebrew 1:24.195
    7.Steeny 1:24.836
    8.Carn 1:25.074
    9.GTP_Dutch (DNF) 1:23.378
    10.Dimplez (DNF) 1:27.806

Cheers
  7. zampli

zampli Team Driver

great race last night, first win in the league:D
    was surprised how much slower i was in qualy then when i had been practising earlier that day, was getting mid 1.22s and only just got a 1.22.8xx quite late in qualy. so started third on th grid, battled with cob for a while, then finally got slipstream near corkscrew and make the overtake happen. started pulling away a bit, being very cautious on the tires, while slowly catching up to nugget. somewhere along the line (before 10 laps had been done) nugget slipped up and i took the lead, trying to gradually build the gap. when i pitted, i was about 7 seconds in front and then through the race it built up to around 10 (dont know what happened in the final sector in the final lap, but the lead increased to 13 seconds at the finish?). as turbo said, when i lapped him, he hung on there and stayed there for the rest of the race. i was thinking about going for a quick lap, but didnt want to wear out the tires to early on after the pit. but great race though!!! first race where i havent gotten a penalty or went off the track lol, a few scary moments in the first stint but was fine in the end:) defs a good choice for a car this season i think
  8. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Ive put a link to the league ladder in the schedule post of each division
  9. NUGGET-22

NUGGET-22 Rookie

PSN ID
    xX---BURGO---Xx
    Well a PB of 1.22.5xx was great. i did two flying laps straight away and both laps in the 22's right off the bat. was happy with that and even more confident starting on pole.

i was worries on the first lap because i had alot of problems on cold tyres in testing. so i took it easy and focused on solid laps. everything was going to plan early, stretching a 2 & a half second lead and then the concentration started to drop. got on the throttle too early and slid off the track and then next lap off the track at the kink and Zampli took the lead!!! then with Cob right on me, all the breaking markers were gone from the final corner and in the sand i went :(

Cob that was awesome racing between us for the last half of the race!!!! being such a fast flowing track there wasnt many places for a clean pass. so just put the pressure on... and on..... and on but couldnt break you. i set up a last corner move. it wasnt meant to be a hail merry but i touched the grass on the exit of the right hander and dirty tyres with not much rubber was like i was towing a trailer.... a big trailer. hhahaha

If i ended up punting you off in the last turn Cob i would have definatley given you the spot back. if i cant get the spot clean then i dont deserve it!!!

thanks guys... i can see a very mentally draining season coming
  10. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Excellent racing last night guys, great fun.

Congrats Zampli, great consistent driving. Sorry about making you race with a full bladder lol, I just hit start as you said wait. Looks like it didn't do you any harm anyway mate. Well done also Cob and Nugget, sounds like you had a great battle.

A shame about Dimplez and Dutchy disconnecting, I was having a good battle with Dutchy there for a while. Too many mistakes saw me drop back though, especially at the end there when I didn't realise you could still get draft off of ghosting cars.

Sorry for the tap Cob, wasn't meant to be a lunge mate, I just out broke myself a bit. Thanks for doing the placings/FLs too. Just got home from work and was about to do them.

Looking forward to Monza, gonna be a great season I think. Still not sure about Autumn Ring.
  11. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    Hey guys,

Good race last night, for as long as it lasted for me. Had a bit of comp with Gary before he had a small mistake and then tried to keep up with the front pack, but unfortuately too many missed apexes and understeering kept me from catching up. Outbraked myself headed up to corkscrew (i think i was taking too much out of my fronts) and Gary got me back and then I thoughoughly butchered my pitstop. I am not sure what kind of strategy you guys were doing (1 or 2 stops?) but i figured i would have ended up towards the rear last night so no great loss. Was a pity about the disconnect but these things happen I guess. Just not too often I hope.

I like the car too, should be a challenging season. Well done to the top.
    Dutch
  12. zampli

zampli Team Driver

lol gary, just as i sent the message, the race countdown had begun. was gonna risk it and try and go, but i wasnt busting so no biggie:) same for me, defs not looking forward to autumn ring, but really looking forward to monza. great race there last season
  13. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    I seem to be reading this a lot around here lately, I share the same opinion tbh, too bad not everyone had Spa, but I don't expect people to have to buy dlc to compete, we should have picked Monaco, haha!
  14. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I love Autumn ring, but it will be a real test of conserving tires and driving it straight. We cant have it too easy !!
  15. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Yeah agree i love autumn ring as well but it will be tricky, rome may be a tough track as well.
  16. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    bluemoon you are back this week is that right?
  17. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Yup, I'm back. I have added the remaining people who are not on my list.

I assume when you race mod the car, the colour changes to white? It doesn't look silver which is what I chose initially.
    So my car will be white with #8.

Looking forward to a long day of Sunday racing.
  18. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea but you can paint it (and the wheels) after the race mod. The black parts stay and your color gets applied to there rest of it.
  19. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Yup. Though I like the white, and no one else is using white, so I shall stick with it :).
  20. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I would just like to say that you are all welcome to take out the brake markers again this week if you like :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.