Division 3 season 10

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Great to see you take your first win sid! Were you screaming like Webber after winning after so many races?
  2. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Congrats Sid!

Well done mate, thoroughly deserved, some real fast, consistent, fair driving.

Well done Aza and Miki too.

The only reason I was so disappointed last night was that I missed out on another 12 laps of that fantastic racing! You are right, It was the single best experience I have had on GT5 so far. Can't wait for more of it.

@turbo - did I hit you at turn 1 at the start? Sorry if I did mate, I thought we got around there pretty cleanly. Don't have the replay to check it out.

@Barra - yeah mate, would protest against Bigpond if I could. My connection was up and down like a whore's knickers all afternoon/evening. Got booted once in warm-up, and then again on lap 13. Had no connection at all this morning, so I assume that Bigpond was dicking around with something in my area.
  3. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Nah mate, all good. Missed me by miles, it just took me completely unawares for you to come down the inside as I was already alongside Miki and concentrating on not taking him out or plowing up the back of Sid's bumper which I was riding...... bloody good move though, it totally threw me off my game for the next half lap until my heart rate settled back down :D
  4. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

It has come to our attention that some members of the league were not able to see each other during the last round. The PSN has been doing that to us ever since season 1 and we cannot say it won't continue to ruin many a race. Members of our division are threatening to leave and while we cannot tell you what to do just rest assured that you are all welcome to stay and stick it out. I watched as a spectator the most part of round 1 and recently watched round 2 via a few drivers perspectives and say that there was a lot of excellent driving skill shown. In particular the many laps battle between Lips and Aza was truly Youtube worthy. I urge all parties sitting on the fence to enjoy the season and realise it is just a game........
  5. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    :rolleyes: dear lord......... not this again, I thought we were all old enough. sorry if it's harsh.

hit nail on head.
  6. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Might be time to remind everyone that it is good practice to do this each week before the race:

1. Restart your router
    2. Reset your PS3
    3. Delete your cache

Maybe if everyone could do these 3 things before this weeks race, and we see if that helps?
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Turboed, its more to do with frustration from the network glitches than anything else, which in some instances i can understand. Some have more of a tolerance for that stuff than others and as we all know GT is prone to some of these stupid issues.

In the case of last weeks race it was a frustration from a driver who got hit, protested, and then frustration from the other guy who as it turns out couldnt see 2 of the cars in the race. Add in a bit of confusion and we have the situation we have now.

I am trying to work my way through it in the best interest of everyone so we get the best outcome.

Guys, can i suggest a couple of things.

1. We go into the races with the knowledge that there is a good chance that the PD online system will screw us over at some stage, so if it does happen please dont blow up until all the facts are in front of us.

2. Before race start just do a quick check that everyone can see how many cars are on track. If there is an issue with someone only seeing 7 when there is 9 its best if that person leaves and then re-enters the room to fix the glitch. It GENERALLY works, not always though. In the past i have raced where a driver cant see some one but if its general knowledge in the room the other drive can drive accordingly and its manageable. (barra, and i have had it in a div 2 room once....or maybe it was floodsim ??)

The network is far from perfect, but we are all here for a good, BUT competitive time and we dont like guys leaving with a sour taste in their mouths from something that is generally predictable, managable and unfortunate.

Food for thought

Stu
  8. sidfire1

sidfire1 Rookie

Is there an update on the Championship points guys? The ladder still needs to be updated.
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    still waiting to finalize the protest Sid, should be finalized tonight.
  10. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

With regards to the results of round 2. There will be no penalty applied. The results stand. Sorry to Vendalism who will probably be the disadvantaged person. He will not get back what he lost in the race, but it is a season of races and your results of your hard work will be shown at the end.
  11. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    To re-iterate Stu comments here. This has been a known issue for a long time, and as such it has also been captured in the GTLOZ Qualifying Procedure (item 5, which I have highlighted).

I encourage everyone to have a read of these procedures (not just the qual section) and refresh their memories. These have been written to help each of you avoid commonly known issues, before they escalate to adversely affecting your race and potentially others.

Following these guidelines will help prevent retrospective discussions like this one with a knee jerk reaction to do something about it, after it's already too late for some.

Ditto with Gary's comment - see GTLOZ Lounge Settings - General (which I have highlighted)
  12. sidfire1

sidfire1 Rookie

Thanks Guys, Good stuff. Hoping all goes well on Sunday.

Had a couple of runs with Beannie , Ray, Stu, disturbo, the other night - happy that I was able to post consistent laptimes on Tsukuba as well. Hope to keep it that way, never know what Venda and Gary got lol
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hey miki / blue, whats the story with lunchbox? 2 NS, and hasnt responded to my FR.......
  14. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Stu, his seat has been out of action so he hasn't been playing. Catching up with him this w/end but it would be safe to say he is out for the season. He lso got a new wench in his life so busy with that too.
  15. hsv_butters

hsv_butters Ash Gold Member

PSN ID
    hsv_butters
    Hey guys, my PS3 has just "shat" itself this afternoon. From what I've read it's from overheating, which kind of makes sense.

Not sure when I'll be able to get around to getting another, need to watch my budget.
  16. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Hsv, does your console say it can't read the system software correctly?
  17. hsv_butters

PSN ID
    hsv_butters
    When I turn it on, it looks normal for about 1 second, then beeps three times and the light flashes red.
  18. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    sounds like it could be a power supply or motherboard issue....

sounds silly, but would you have another power cord (kettle cord)? also try switching the power button at the back off and back on again.
    when turning on, hold the soft power button for about 6 or so seconds, that usually resets i think graphics back to basic (sort of like a safe mode). you never know!!
  19. hsv_butters

PSN ID
    hsv_butters
    Tried all beannie. It's just not playing ball...
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Fark mate, I feel for ya. I don't know what you can do...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.