Division 3 season 10

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    I forgot to check! Let's work with gary on pole.
  2. sidfire1

sidfire1 Rookie

hey guys
    First of all, the qualifiers Gary got it!

As for the race, all good.. you never know could have happened to anyone. Just looking forward to the Sunday race again.
    Thanks all for your messages and encouragement !!
    Great race:
    I was second in qualifying.
    My strategy was simple - keep the position i'm in without trying too hard.
    First few laps was tough keeping it all together - with Venda and Gary - my two major challengers were exceptional in battling it out - very very tough race. This is the time when your knowledge of the track and things learnt from practice sessions makes a huge difference. When the pressure's mounting on you , you focus and do your bit to stay on track - helped of course by the skills you have learnt in a subconscious manner to say at best.
    I think if I remember Venda and someone else got passed me early , my mistake on one of the corners -
    Then it was time to go full gear - I focused hard, and boy where the results good enough.. I got back behind Gary and continued to push past.
    Gary pitted first. I still had in going in me to continue another lap and then pit. I made it back on track before Gary could catch me.

At this time .. the lap count was 14 . I was leading ahead Gary by 3 seconds.
    Over time.. the lap count was 26 - YES 26!! , I was leading ahead Gary by 6-7 seconds.
    And then, it was all over - like a lighting flash came the "Disconnect from Server" message - was not good staring at it for another 5 mins either in disappointment.
    Congratulations to the Gary, Vendalism and Disturboed !
    Will be a good race this Sunday as it can be yet another anyone's race on a fresh track. I am not good on this track though lol
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hi Sid, good to see you back into it and enthusiastic! Love the avatar too - still my fav season that one ;)
  4. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

The only reason I got 8th was for DC's. a number of times I had a chance to get 7th or even 6th if all went well, but then took a bend too tight and whammo!

Sorry for the wall hit disturboed, caused you to cop a slow down when you hit me up the tail :(

I certainly hope I can go a bit better in rd2 compared to this one. If not, I may as well just tank the remaining rounds.
  5. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Well all I can say is ... Damn!

Was having some fantastic racing with sid when bam! disconnected! Very disappointing :(

Good luck to all still racing. West Indies need 100 runs off about 90 balls, so might get in to that!
  6. VENDALISM

VENDALISM Rookie

PSN ID
    VENDALISM

Sorry to see you drop out Gary

Good pace during the race .I was looking forward to some competitive racing with you and Sid but unfortunately lips pushed me out and ruined the rest of my race.

Good win by Sid .

During qualifying disturbed wanted to race me and I have on idea what he was thinking ....

See you next week

Cheers Ven
  7. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Ah Gary ya poor b@stard.

I managed to snag 3rd in qualifying behind Miki and Sidfire.

Start of the race Miki bogged down so I was able to draw along side before the turn. Then BAM! Gary from what seemed like nowhere straight into 2nd place! LOL, it was amazing he got that car to pull up and turn. Back down into 5th spot i went. When the first lap was all said and done, I had gotten back into third and drawn away from the rest of the pack.

By the start of lap 3 Sid and Gary were 6 seconds in front and having a ding dong battle. For the next few laps the lead changed with the draft. I managed to pull the gap back down to 3 seconds but kept making minor errors here and there losing precious tenths to them again. By lap 11 the tyres had started to turn and i was losing more time.

Pitted end of lap 13, aza past me in the pits. Oh no i thought, he can do the no-stopper! And it's a LONG pitlane. Within the next couple of laps sid pitted and i caught up and was with 1-2 seconds of him as he exited the pits. Aza was in front by a good 23 seconds!

Aza must have been pulling some serious lap times in the mid race stint as I could barely make a scratch on the gap in the first few laps! Then there was lap 16, and it happened. Dropped a wheel on the dirt on last corner before the oval and ended up facing the wrong direction. Lost a good 10 seconds or more with that. I hoped and prayed Aza would pit. My indescretion gave Miki the opportunity to close in on me and my precious podium place. He started to slowly but surely reel me in, and then i would get an earlier exit from a turn here or a turn there and pull away again. He wasn't able to get a decent draft thankfully so I was able to hold him at bay for many laps.

Sid finally caught Aza and got back in front, and i had gotten the gap back down to 17 seconds or so (from 30+ after the spin), but at the end of lap 24, that damn corner struck again and i went fractionally wide and into the sand at the same place! Didn't spin out but the speed washoff allowed Miki through and off into the distance! There went my 3rd place!!

So finished in 4th spot after all that. Good job to Sid, great drive and dicing with Gary! Good to watch from behind waiting for that never-to-come mistake! Aza killed it on the no-stop only coming up a few laps short of a victory. And good racing from Miki towards the end there too.
  8. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I do apologise for that, I was in the wrong frame of mind in quali, i was in race mode. Sorry again.
  9. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Another week, another bad result for me :) Was good racing with dan and ven at the rear of the pack though. I managed to pass Ven in the last lap and barely held on.

Code:
       PSN           Time       Fastest
    01 sidfire1      45:09.114  1:44.880
    02 Aza2672         +11.950  1:46.835
    03 ROOZ_Miki       +19.515  1:44.922  (pole)
    04 disturboed      +24.054  1:45.298
    05 lips-101        +33.065  1:45.095
    06 stiffsht        +35.532  1:45.916
    07 daninline6    +1:01.347  1:46.444
    08 X-3vi1m00n    +1:03.434  1:46.925
    09 VENDALISM     +1:03.733  1:45.911
    10 mmm_homebrew     DNF     1:47.308  (d/c in lap 19)
    11 garyw61          DNF     1:44.716  (d/c in lap 13)

Code:
    Fastest lap
    01 1:44.716 garyw61       
    02 1:44.880 sidfire1         
    03 1:44.922 ROOZ_Miki       
    04 1:45.095 lips-101        
    05 1:45.298 disturboed      
    06 1:45.916 stiffsht        
    07 1:45.911 VENDALISM       
    08 1:46.444 daninline6
    09 1:46.835 Aza2672       
    10 1:46.925 X-3vi1m00n    
    11 1:47.308 mmm_homebrew  

10. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    Yeah turbo it was about lap 10 I thought I could do the no stopper as my tyres were still almost brand new so i thought bugger it I'm going all the way then on lap 15 thought I might have had the best idea not pitting as I was 19 secs in the lead over sid and got a bit excited and made a few minor mistakes and sid caught me and I didn't have the tread left to keep with him so I decided to keep second with some consitent laps and have my best finish for a while it probably helped that it was my first race in about six months where I hadn't been drunk so I might have to try that again seems like a good idea good racing by all from what I seen tonight I had a great time.
  11. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Sorry for not making the race. Had a 50th do on Sat night, had bugger all sleep and was on the brews with the birthday boy Sunday. Got home around five and fell asleep on the couch and woke up this morning.
  12. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

I was darn lucky to get that podium after sliding from pole to dead last in the first few laps.
  13. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hey guys,

There has been a protest lodged, so results are still provisional at this stage.

Miki and evil, I will PM you the details later this morning so you can have a look at it.

Cheers stu
  14. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Gary, lodging a protest against the network won't get you anywhere :p
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Lol, he wouldn't be the first !!!!!
  16. sidfire1

sidfire1 Rookie

Hi EVERYONE ,

I would have loved to have won a race where there were no disconnects but what can anyone do? Gary I had one of the finest battles with you over some time now.

Venda, During the race I somehow had a feeling something was wrong when after the first few laps I saw you at the back. Sorry to hear what had happened and hope all goes well with the appeal process.

Here's my quick report:

I started of the race confident as I had been for a while now , lots of practice sessions with mixed divisions was very handy.

Qualifier: my second lap gave me the best time I think it was 1:45.188 :) however Mikii beat me to it during the last few minutes and landed the pole position. I was happy with my position at 2nd anyway.

Race:

I have to mention I had the best launch from the start grid, that gave me a slight edge over the MIKI on the straight towards the first corner and got me into 1st place soon enough after entering the first corner.

Battle with Gary:

from Lap1 to Lap13 - Gary and I were back to back, neck to neck , paint to paint and scratch to scratch. I am sure we both experienced one of the best moments of GT5 racing has to offer during this time.

Gary's gone:

Lap 13 end of the straight - I had Gary on my rear view mirror just as I thought was routine for him to pass me on that straight I have to mention this: I started to notice something weird going on, Gary was slightly sliding left to right , I have sensed this before during moments when someone disconnects abruptly - that dreaded lag spike - I felt something wrong and next thing I saw was Gary ploughed straight into the wall on the straight opposite the pits and then, boom "Gary left the room* "Gary is offline: status message pop out"

MESSAGE TO GARY: You DESERVED to race till the end mate. Good to see you are positive though (as always). Tsukuba is whole another track and great fun - looking forward :)

Laps 13 - till end:

I knew I had to pit soon, even though I was leading by a fair margin I think it was 10 seconds? - I did not want to take any chances with a no stopper. Lap 14 I went to pits , fresh rubber.

Aza the Fox:

I came out of the pits to see Aza take lead by passing me already and he was well about 18seconds in front of me. Now I had my mind in all sort of calculation mode - how many laps remaining, how much time I am gaining on Aza each sector - it went like this, 10 laps remain and I was again 2 seconds on Aza every sector.
    Luckily I did not make any mistakes as it would have been the case in the pressure that the fox put me to chase up with. I was able to overtake Aza the fox in lap 21 or 22 and kept at it , pulling away smoothly.

The end:

I think this is my first win in the Rooz series - the time has come to pick it up and hopefully a podium again in Tsukuba.
  17. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Check the mods section in Season 10 for race protest synopsis. Results to follow and any changes that may be required.
  18. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    great stuff SID

One of the ROOZ originals from season 1, great to finally see you get a race win mate!
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yeah great job sid...WD
  20. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    yeeew! +1 :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.