Division 3 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Not as impressive as mothos:
    [​IMG]
    motho and JonoStan96 like this.
  2. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Fastest Laps
    Tovey - 1.27.366 **Fastest Lap Total time = 47:07.041 Winning margin 19.538
    Scotty - 1.27.436
    Hatfield - 1.28.098
    Dutch - 1.27.518
    SlamboBagan - 1.27.913
    S_Close - 1.28.660
    Gary - 1.28.435
    Groover - 1.29.020
    Stumbles - 1.28.534
    sparklehead83 - 1.28.522
    S54VED - 1.29.462
    Sammymoresilly - 1.29.910

edit: beat me to it!! :D
  3. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    I got that time well into the race when I finally got a better idea of braking marks, would be interesting what I could do on new tires... Nah!!! Too much work lol
  4. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Pulled a 17 dead few minutes ago bit of a fluke though usual around 17.500
  5. motho

motho Team Driver

PSN ID
    motho
    emotiva, nice
  6. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks Gary and scotty.
  7. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Freak!!!!!! Lol
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  8. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Yeah sorry, it all happened so fast.

Im shocked how much having the traction control on 5 slowed me down. Oh well newbie mistake :)

Wouldn't have changed anything as I had 2-3 serious sideway incidents. It seemed when I got sideways, the next few corners I'd also get sideways.... its almost like the tyres were way cooked still even though they were colour cool. Guess after a spin you need to take it easy for 3-4 corners?

With being lapped, wasn't sure whether to stay on racing line and let other go around? This is probably best as then you know where the slower driver will be.
  9. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    No worries Luke, not your fault at all... Brain fade on my part slowing that much so soon after the corner.

If you have a spin and touch the grass, it takes a good 5-10 seconds of running to "clean" the tyres, so yes, take it easy for the next 3 or 4 turns. It's ok if you are coming onto a straight, as they will clean up by the time you get to the end. If you want to see how long it takes, grab an open wheeler car (KTM x-bow or Formula GT) and run on the grass, then watch the tyres as you get back on track... takes a few seconds to go black again.

As for the "being lapped", if you see them coming, best to get out of their way.. especially if they're in a battle with someone. Don't try and race them as this can lead to drama's. In GT5, lapped cars would "ghost" but they don't in GT6, so if the car being lapped has an "incident" it could affect those cars lapping.
  10. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    Great start to the season i think and it seemed pretty evident that a lot of practice was going on for this track, which was definitely needed to be anywhere near the pace required (based on Mt T of course!) :) I needed to use his times as a benchmark and I am pretty happy with my improvement over the previous 2 weeks being barely able to break the 30's to getting a 27.5 during the round- both qualy and the race. I was actually impressed with myself staying 'in touch' with tovey for the first 3rd of the race, but i think he was just toying with me and conserving while i was trying to go as quickly as possible. This became my downfall as scotty caught me just after half way and drz 5 laps later as I continued to struggle on worn tires and could barely manage around the 30's towards the end. Looks like tire conservation will be a paramount consideration for progressing my driving style over the race distance. Its a fun car to drive i think but has not immediately suited my style and i hope i get the chance to work at it enough for the races throughout the season knowing the rest of you guys are also working pretty hard at it. Well done to the guys who look like they hooked it up well already.
    stucar17, Tovey_4saken and Stumbles like this.
  11. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    I am guilty of doing a fair amount of testing leading up to this, if last season is anything to go by, I don't get to be this prepared for every round.
    I will also admit to running a degree of traction control. Not something I am particularly proud of, but I did find more consistent speed rather than the 27-30-31 all over the shop times I was getting without. (Kind of explains the dud start hey Hat!)
    As everyone gets better with this animal of a car, I am sure there will be much closer racing. I am really looking forward to racing with Dutch and Hatfield, if round 1 lap times were an indication, I am guessing the three of us will have some great battles this year.

Keep in mind this track in particular is harder on tyres and other events may not have the same drastic wear!
    Stumbles likes this.
  12. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Hmm, and you were playing down your prospects after the Fuji race, saying you wouldn't be as quick at Laguna.... Already a 17 flat... With an average of 17.5, I'm thinking this car really likes you... lol
  13. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    And so the chase for pace starts again...... I think I'm starting around at around 20's based off the meet and greet nite- so much work to do!
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  14. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Think it might haha which is funny because I hate Mr.fr all the way!! :) I was doing 17.800 most the night but once running a bit with mint and Mustafur and stu my times just started shedding.I think I just find my true pace more then what I think I have when I'm faced with a fast lap time to chase
  15. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    It's all in that death defying corkscrew get it bang on and you'll shed a second get it wrong you'll gain 2 haha :)
  16. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Face palm# @#$¥ try and edit post again
  17. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    You did the right thing mate to pull aside unfortunately picked a bad corner haha (just before last turn) I was going to wait till the straight to keep us both safe and not affect either of us.but ended up confusing you as to why I wasn't passing haha then gave you a accidental tap.we kept going though :) anyone lapping will never rush a driver to move they will pick a good spot.usually a straight to be safe. :)
    Game really needs some way to signal a driver he's about to be overlapped sometimes people mistake the leader and try to challenge them to keep there place.
  18. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Did a bit of practice tonight finally got A 17 (.7) but mostly in the 18s... More work required apparently.
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  19. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    I jumped on and was lucky to even get a lap in seemed like the car was reversed from oversteer to understeer.even messing with the bb didn't help.strange one this car haha
  20. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    I found I could push for about 10-12 laps but after that the car would understeer like a pig. bit weird, it was like the tyres were dirty but never recovered. Very odd. Im sure by the final round this car will make sense..... then again maybe not!
    Tovey_4saken likes this.