Division 3 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Thank you guys :) yeah in the replay you'll see me backing off alot every 2nd lap then picking it up again,keep gap then back off then last 2 laps still had rubber to push as hard as I wanted for the finish
    stucar17 likes this.
  2. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    So you were only trying every second lap.... Damn.... I pushed every lap and you still gapped me easy!
  3. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    You'd cut time away from me each time I went into saver mode at a Min. 500 for each sector 3rd corner is the main one I'd idle for rest was pretty much flat.plus once we started adding other cars between us it made it more difficult for you.you did really well mate :)
  4. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Don't sweat mate, was just making sure Jamie had all the support he needed for this season ;)
    Ad2mny likes this.
  5. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Great race thanks guys. Some good battles with sparkles and Serge. Great fun. Going to be another good season I think if PSN behaves.
    smokinscotty likes this.
  6. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    I qualified better than I expected with my fastest lap ever..lol 1:28.019 (backed up by a 1:28.054 the next lap... so it wasn't a fluke).
    Managed to hold position through turn 1, but it all went pear-shaped after that. Lap 2, I braked a little later than Gary and tried to nip in under him at turn 1 but tagged his rear end and spun him out. I waited for him, but in hindsight, I should have gone a bit further down the track as I was on the outside (racing line) of the track and going slowly, caught out S54VED and he drove into the back of me. Sorry mate, completely my fault. Got going again after my collision penalty and caught back up to Gary and we touched again and I was pushed wide at turn 3 and Gary went wide into turn 4 so I re-passed only to spin out half a lap later and was last by a long way.
    Only mistakes made by other drivers saw me climb back up to 9th... Almost 8th as Groover had a couple of "moments" on the second-last lap and he was within sight down the front straight, but no more mistakes saw him keep position. Top effort on the wrong tyres Groover, can only wonder what would have been if you were on the mediums.

Bring on Laguna, hope to put in a better showing as it's one of my preferred tracks. So glad we are done with Fuji (hate that track... always have, always will...lol)
    JonoStan96, sparklehead83 and S_CLOSE like this.
  7. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    That first incident with you and Gary went down like a domino, when S54VED smashed into the back of your car, you rocketed into the right as I was passing, pushing me to the grass. I managed to keep it straight and rejoined only to be taken out in the next turn.
    It sure was an eventful race for Gary though.
  8. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    My heart skipped a beat as this went down... I was coming up on your pack, there were cars everywhere and I spotted a hole and nailed the throttle and hoped for the best.
    Some you win some you lose... I won this one :D Made 3 or 4 easy spots :D
  9. sparklehead83

sparklehead83 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    nightmare drive last night, was running 1.28/29's easily 1.27's pushing it practicing solo. but on the track with other cars I just couldn't keep my cool for some reason. never liked this track and now I remember why.... oh well, on to laguna seca...
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  11. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Awesome race guys. I made a mistake 1st corner ended up at the back. But Yup thanks to everyone's mishaps on lap two, I went from last place to 5th. Passed 4-5 guys before turn 3, yeeaha,
    Pushed on lapping low 28s and caught DRZ but couldn't hold that pace and he passed me back and disappeared into the distance, I need to work on conserving tyres for the next one. I was in the 31s by the end of the race
  12. sammymorsilly

sammymorsilly New Recruit

PSN ID
    Sammy_dawgs77
    Just realised why I was getting slow lap times... :\ forgot to change oil and overhaul engine!
  13. sammymorsilly

PSN ID
    Sammy_dawgs77
    Wish I knew wouldn't have rage quit ha!
  14. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Yeah make sure to
    Yeah make sure to keep up on that one I change oil and strengthen body ecery race and rebuild every 5,000 km cost an arm and a leg but best to keep on it
  15. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Yeah, that was my attempt at a redress. Sorry mate!
  16. sammymorsilly

PSN ID
    Sammy_dawgs77
    Times on Laguna anyone?
  17. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Can anybody supply race lap times, I'm keeping a record.
  18. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    I think some of the boys have the replays I keep forgetting to grab them.I'll stick a post note on my screen for race 2 haha
  19. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well done everyone last night......just a couple of things to remember for the rounds ahead......(posted in every thread;)), mainly for the benefit of our new members if they have missed anything .........

1. If you make contact with a car and gain advantage from it you must redress on track and give the spot back. The best example is rear ending someone and pushing them offline. (nothing too major last night, but a few close calls)
    2. You must keep 2 wheels on track at all times. the ripple strips are considered part of the track, continual cutting to gain an advantage will result in a penalty (none reported from last night :))
    3. Something that hasnt been mentioned anywhere, PD in their wisdom, have decided that lapped cars wont ghost anymore, and remain solid. If you are being lapped it is race etiquette to move out of the way of the leading drivers.
    4. Out of respect for our major sponsor, PAGNIAN, you must race 5 of the 7 rounds to be eligible for the $850 cockpit at the end of season draw. You must also have a post count of 40 to be eligible by season end.

As i say, there were no major issues last night, just some info for the newbies in case they missed it, and a refresher for some of the oldies like me with a little bit of dementia !!
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  20. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    [​IMG]

Sorry for crap quality emmo. hopefully you can make them out?