Division 3 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I'm gonna have to check my pedals too Gary, had a slightly sticking throttle last night, caused some issues with braking and understeer.
  2. Jamie

Jamie Rookie

PSN ID
    Moozer81
    Had pole until late in the session...knew Groovers pace at this track was too great to stay there though. Made too many mistakes on the first two laps (rookie errors) and after some good battling with skywalker lost the spot. Got turned around into the tunnel on lap 5 and fell back to 7th I think so then just concentrated on making my tyres last and very happy to come home in 3rd after that. Heart stopped on the final corner last lap when disturboed spun back in front of me and I drove through his passenger door...lucky he was ghosting! Looking forward to GVE. Great racing all.
    groover33 likes this.
  3. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    You did well mate, what happened going into the tunnel? Was it trying to avoid me, because I brake in a different spot?

Tbh I really needed to spend another 30-45mins prac and get my lines / brake points sorted, was still trying to decide during the race whether to do my light braking along the concrete, then roll through the corner or roll into the corner and then brake on turn in. Although, I found it safer doing my early brake and roll.
  4. Jamie

Jamie Rookie

PSN ID
    Moozer81
    Skywalker, I think I was caught out a little by our different approach into that turn and I got slowed up and then got bumped from behind in a bit of a chain reaction I think. Racing incident so no big deal. After you let me by using the grass on the exit of the final corner ;) I knew I'd better save tyres in case you caught up and I needed something to defend. Lost a heap of time behind carbonfibre who pitted right after I got past. Good race though, sure there will be plenty of battles throughout the season. GVE has huge slipstream areas so will be near impossible for anyone to get away without a mistake from someone.
    groover33 likes this.
  5. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    I'll be trying my best this weekend as a win on my bday would top the day off nicely haha
    Blindman and Jamie like this.
  6. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    I'll "let" you win then (if only I could keep up in the first place!), just dont spin :p
    groover33 likes this.
  7. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Division 3 - Protest dismissed... But it was a very close call. Results will stand.
    Please guys, if any contact is made and you gain a position, you must re-dress. These cars are bringing some awesome door-to-door racing, which means there is probably going to be contact.
    You must race with-in the rules and regs set out here - http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/rules-regulations.70/
    Please have another look at these and adhere to the guidelines within.
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  8. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Oh forgot to mention about the race just gone...

Groover, I was super impressed with your overtake on me to take back the lead. I really squished you up onto the inside into T1, but you stuck to your guns and also managed to not run deep, pulling your car up on the apex blocking my wider line through the corner. Respect.
    groover33, SuiCid3 and Blindman like this.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  10. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    I thoroughly enjoyed the racing on Sunday night; even though I struggled for pace I really enjoyed being back this season and finishing 5th.

I was slow at Deep Forest during the meet'n'greet and nothing had changed during the pre-race practice. I was doing 1:21s and struggling to get into the 1:20s while the front runners were doing low 19s. Things didn't look promising..

In quali I was still trying to figure out my lines and which gears to use, but it was slowly coming together. I managed to get into the 19s with a 19.9xx, which got me ahead of gary (a minor victory) but still only good enough to start 9th.

Got away okay at the start, I hadn't raced with the start lights before but I like it, it's a nice feature.
    A few laps in and things were going okay, I wasn't making any mistakes at least; sparklehead got on the grass in the last corner leaving gary nowhere to go, this gave me some breathing room behind to focus on Stumbles and Pinoy ahead.

Coming into the first tunnel and there was an incident involving a few cars that bunched things up and moved me up a couple of places. I found myself right behind Moozer, and after he got a slow exit onto the back straight I was able to get past him on the outside coming out of the second tunnel. I knew he had better pace, so I put up little resistance when he took the place back into Turn 1 a lap or 2 later.
    I seem to look after my tires pretty well so was able to catch Pinoy towards the end of the first stint and make another nice pass outside him going into the final corner.
    Credit to both these guys for giving space.

Second stint was all on my own, Moozer 6s ahead and Hatfield 6s behind. Gradually lost time to Moozer, but was able to keep the gap to Hatfield between 4-6s. It wasn't until lap 15 or so that I had finally figured out what I felt was the best gears to use up the hill onto the back straight and up the hill onto the front straight.
    I could either be in the higher gear and let it struggle up the hill, or be in the lower gear and rev the guts out of it, reving it felt faster to me. Set my fastest lap, which was still only a 19.5xx so there was still pace out there somewhere, but I couldn't find it. Even now I don't know how best to approach the first tunnel.

Made my second stop a lap later than Hatfield. He must have had a good outlap because he was right on my tail. I really didn't want to give the position up, and Hatfield was keeping me honest but he wasn't able to make a move and I could slowly build a gap, probably due to my better tire use.
    Skywalker was 9s ahead, but I was reeling him in with 2 laps to go as he had to save fuel. Got the gap down to around 4s and might have had a chance at him if we had one more lap.

Well done to the podium, they were fast and consistent. Hoping the simplier layout of GVER will make the racing even closer next time.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @FloodSim You did very well. I got side by side with you at one point but you had the inside so I could do nothing about it. I had pace over you as far as I could tell but couldn't get a good opportunity to pass cleanly plus my tires getting worn so you held your own brilliantly!
  12. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    After doing about 1000 Kms of practice and still failing to find where people were getting into the 1:18's, was skeptical about getting near the front around Deep Forest.
    During qualifying, I just couldn't put a great lap in and started 6th on the grid. Got away from the line well and braked slightly early into turn 1 but Mario (pinoy) made a great move around the outside and slotted in front of me. I hadn't had any real time on the track with other cars (got left behind in the meet'n'greet race) and wasn't expecting the draft understeer into the final turn and it took me 4 laps to get it through my head to take it easy through there. I shadowed Mario and got a good run on lap 7 and passed him into turn 1... Finally.

I managed to make a bit of a gap but had decided on a 3 stop strat so pit after lap 9 and resumed my chase from last position. As everyone else pitted, I made my way up to third behind S54VED. Lap 14, Groover had a spin in the first tunnel and let S54VED trough which brought Doogle and myself right onto his tail, but with those 2 on fresher tyres, they pulled away.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. My tyres were going off but I think I should have stayed out and changed to a 2 stop strategy. S54VED had pitted after lap 9 as well, and I was keeping pace with him, but I went in after lap 18 and came out in 9th position about 7 seconds behind Pinoy and Carbonfibre. They were having a good battle which slowly but surely allowed me to catch them up. I got a beeter exit from turn 1 on lap 23 and passed Carbon on the way up to the bend at turn 2. Right on Pinoy's tail, I got into the side of him into turn 5 so backed off to let him back through, almost letting Carbon through as well. I managed to draft past Pinoy on lap 24 and I was back up to 3 about 32 seconds behind. I made it past Doogle as he exited the pits on lap 25..
    Woohoo, 2nd place.. then reality set in as I had to pit again in a couple of laps. Doogs caught me quickly on his brand new tyres, and dived down the inside of the final turn on lap 26 as I was getting set to pit, so did another lap. I still had an 8th of a tank of fuel, so no drama.

Got the new boots on and set about doing some fast laps, but it was evident that everyone was still really quick on older tyres and I came out just in front of Pinoy (phew...lol) and about 15 seconds behind Hatfield. He was right on Flood's tail, so with that slowing them down, I managed to bring the gap down to 4 seconds by the end of the race. All of my laps after my last pitstop were low 19's, but just too far back.
    Grand Valley East Reverse next, and from the bit of practice I saw post race, Groover and Moozer are gunna be damn quick again.
    groover33, garyw61 and Jamie like this.
  13. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Just to clarify, the protest has been dismissed, results of round 1 stand.
  14. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Yup, Groover pulled a 1.08.8 after a few laps at GVER, so I have a bit of work to do with my full tank pace. A lot closer than last round, but still several tenths too find.
  15. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    GUys, new entry

TF22Raptor, please add him to your lists....

CHeers
    stu
  16. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Wow that must just about be a full grid for div 3 !
  17. TF22Raptor

TF22Raptor New Recruit

Hi guys, I’m new to Raceonoz, I met stu online a few months back when I tried multiplayer on GT6 (hadn’t really gotten into multiplayer as I didn’t realise leagues like this existed), but anyway stu’s session was the best I had experienced in GT6 and the fellas that were in the room seemed like pretty good and fair racers.

I submitted a qualifying time and the guys have stuck me in Div 3.

My recent racing has limited me to the F1 Codemasters series on xbox (non league), but I have been sim racing since Bill Elliots Nascar challenge on PC on a 4 color CGA monitor back in 1990.

GT6 was the first GT game I half got into and had a decent crack at GTAcadmey making it to the nationals where my relative inexperience in the game did show, some of the names I see here on raceonoz are familiar and I remember a few of you talking about it at the nats.

I have read up on some of the network configurations, I’m on ADSL2, I’m at Nat 2, disable PSN media / Vita media and have a pretty up to date dual band router.

The session I had with Stu was smooth / no lag so I’m hoping I might be able to get some practice in with some of you guys to ensure I’m not glitching / lagging etc, I did see the big article about the whole port forwarding thing etc which I’ll implement if needed.

Anyways if anyones around hit me up PSN: TF22Raptor
    Also I don’t yet have a mic for the PS3!

and I’ll try and get up to speed with everything as soon as I can.

Looking forward to getting into some half serious and clean racing and getting to know some of you folk some more.
    Jamie and Mister_Bond_747 like this.
  18. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Welcome Raptor. You've definitely come to the right place for "clean racing" not so sure about "half serious" though. These sunday league races tend to bring the competitive side out of everyone especially in the top divisions :D.

@stucar17 not enough room in the top 2 divs?? Surely your not suggesting i'm better than a GTAcademy nationals entrant? Hell I was 4s off Australian quallyfying pace not that a kiwi could have made it anyway :confused:
  19. TF22Raptor

TF22Raptor New Recruit

Thanks COME_AND_GET_ME7 don't worry I was still a good 8/9tenths of Muggos time, I still haven't even been on half the tracks in this game so I've still got plenty to do to be anywhere near up with the big boys.
  20. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Welcome mate... looks like we have 3 people now from GT Academy in div 3. You should join NLR so we can all be in the same team :D